5.0 out of 5 stars Great packing cubes at a great price.
Published on October 10, 2010 by travel maven

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the dimensions
I liked everything except the dimensions. There are 3 bags with the following dimensions.

Small

34.9cm x 24.8cm x 7.6cm

Large
17.5" x 12.75" x 3.25"
44.5cm x 32.4cm x 8.3cm

I somehow felt bad when I received the product due to the...
Published on December 15, 2011 by M3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great packing cubes at a great price., October 10, 2010
These are great packing cubes. I purchased the grasshopper color to compliment my Eagle Creek packing cubes. The material and the dimensions are slightly different than the Eagle Creek but I use both interchangeably. The mesh is great for both seeing whats in the cube and breathability. I recommend packing cubes to anyone using carry on luggage and/or wanting to be organized. I use the medium sized cube packed in an Osprey Backpack for an entire weekend away. Handles a 2 dresses, 2 capris,4 shirts, bathing suit and cover-up, underwear, swimsuit with room to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 24, 2008
This was my second set of packing cubes - my fiance stole my first set because they are so useful. When traveling, they keep everything separate and can do double duty as laundry bags on the way back. When not traveling, I use them as a sweater box. Very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars My, How Things Have Evolved, July 24, 2012
This review is from: eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Apparel)
For our last trip overseas, I bought the plastic bags that you put your clothes in and squeeze the air out of in order to condense the size. For my purposes, they worked well, though 1) they are a bit awkward to use, 2) they come from Target, and 3) they lack any aesthetic taste.

Then I found these eBags.

I'm not even sure how I came across them; probably by surfing Amazon one night while bored.

Anyhow, people were praising these bags as if they were extra leg room on an eight-hour flight.

So I bought them.

I bought the 3-piece packing cube set (raspberry, which isn't a bad description of the color, though it lacks any sign of masculinity ... should that be a concern for you).

The bags are sturdy, with a zipper that goes all the way across the top, and all the way down the sides. There is also a hoop on the bottom, should you want to hang the bag from a closet, shower head, or a tree.

They are lightweight, but durable, with two see-through mesh screens on each side. Thus, your belongings are tastefully covered, but you can also look inside to see what you put in there. The mesh also helps you to compress the air out of the bag, though not as efficiently as those Target plastic bags.

These work well for organization, as you can prioritize where you put what. As such, they are more for convienence than for allowing for more room in your suitcase/travel bag.

Anyhow, I've used them for local trips and they work well. I was hoping for better compression ability---there's a reference to my plastic Target bags again---but they get the job done.

Happy and safe travels!

34.9cm x 24.8cm x 7.6cm

Large
17.5" x 12.75" x 3.25"
44.5cm x 32.4cm x 8.3cm

I somehow felt bad when I received the product due to the photo and missing dimensions. Otherwise the product quality is just great, which is why I refrained from returning.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big believer, in cubes ( but not in this set), May 14, 2012
Amazon Customer (Silicon Valley, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Apparel)
I have been using various packing cubes for a number of years. I ordered these as a great way to have a color-coded bag system. At the time of the order I was very frustrated due to lack of data--I was suspicious that the "large" was too big, but I could not see enough product information to tell.

I have just received two sets of these. The "large" is VERY large. You would need to have a VERY large suitcase to make this a logical way to pack, and by putting many different things into one of them, you lose the entire benefit of organization. The other two are the correct sizes and are "ok", but not of the quality of Eagle Creek or Rick Steves (which I didn't expect) or Target--which I was hoping for. If they were all usable sizes, I would keep them, because they would probably do the job adquately.

I will sadly be returning them if they don't charge a big return fee--I really wanted "grasshopper" and "red"!

In general, the correct sizes of packing cubes are the most efficient way to pack! I didn't try them when they first came out because I was afraid I would "lose" all those edges and spaces in between where I could put so much, but the cubes have worked out incredibly well for moving about. It may be less important if you are only going to sleep in one place, but I still use them for that as well because I can organize tops, pants, undies, etc. (and they stay nicely folded). I can still put a few things things in between (like flip-flops, etc.). They also work to compress if you overfill the cube, press down, and pull the zipper closed--You can probably compress an inch if the bag is well packed.

For moving about--there's nothing to match it. No searching for anything--it's all in it's own small "drawers". And going home is so simple; empty as many as it takes and pack your dirty clothes in those and combine clean things. At home, all you have to do is take the correct cubes to the laundry room and sort! Seminar over...

5.0 out of 5 stars More useful than expected, July 5, 2009
I was hesitant about the usefulness of these cubes (or packing cubes in general), but they really did make packing easier and more efficient. The eBags ones are made of thin material--light but durable, with high-quality zippers that haven't even threatened to jam yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, February 10, 2011
Ok lets start off with the fact that eBags shipped this item on a lightening bolt! They were scheduled to arrive between the 14th and 17th of February and they arrived on the 10th. WOW

Now to the product...
They came packaged nicely, each cube inside the other. The zippers appear sturdy and the color (I chose Grasshopper) is vibrant, they look better than the picture.

Size, The items are the perfect size for an international carry-on (21") The "Large bag fits exactly in the bag so it appears that the items will be nice and snug and not shift around in transit. The medium bag is perfect for dress shirts and will hold about 4 - 5 shirts nicely.

The small bag is more for undergarments but also will hold a small pair of shoes.

Overall.... Very Satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way To Organize Your Luggage!, December 26, 2010
This review is from: eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Apparel)
- As a well-seasoned traveler of many years, I first started using the Luggage packing solutions by eagle and others. Last year, I bought some eBags packing cubes as a Christmas present for one of my friends, and they had nothing but accolades to say about them. So this year, I updated my entire travel luggage, so to meet and surpass the airlines restrictions, as well, as to curtail the runaway airline extra luggage fee's; by organizing my wardrobe to "fit" into a couple of carry-on's. These packing cubes have allowed me to accomplish just that, especially for short trips that don't last longer than 9 to 12 days. Of course, if I'm staying somewhere for a month or two, I use my largest-sized suitcase, that gets checked-in, plus a carry-on and a backpack. I really do like eBags, and have scored a few fantastic leather pieces of travel gear and rugged brand name luggage, as they sometimes have better deals than on this site, just FYI.

Highlights - Relative inexpensive, durable, easy to clean & maintain! What's Not To Like!

* With the Mesh top panel for easy identification of contents, just in case, the TSA screeners want to search thorough your luggage.
* Also they can pull or search your clothes, without trashing them, hence, they stay nice & neat!
* So Much Easier now to Unpack/Repack at the Hotel or Resort or Vacation Home suite.
* My new Carry-on luggage also came with a couple of Zip Bags, one large, one medium size, that has added more Options.
* Strongly Recommend that you purchase the Wire Locks (easier to put on/remove by you or the TSA). And let them know that you have their "approved" luggage locks, before you walk away, so you don't get called back to open your luggage later, I don't know why some people traveling in late 2010, just aren't paying attention to these little details, that can save them a whole lot of hassle, at the airport. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Travels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cubes even for a big guy., July 5, 2012
E. Moore (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Apparel)
I had never used packing cubes before and bought these for a 6 week trip to Europe. I was a little concerned about the size of the bags since I am 6 foot and over 250 lbs and have larger xxl clothes. However these worked great. In the small one I had 5 pairs of underwear and 5 pairs of socks, in the medium one I had 7 shirts, and in the large one 3 pairs of shorts 2 pairs of pants, one swim trunk and one long sleeve shirt. It is amazing how much you can fit in these, and the more tight fitting it is the better because the clothes don't move around and are therefore less wrinkled. You do have to figure out the best way to fold your clothes so that they fit the shape of the cube efficiently. We stayed in over 22 different hotels and these made it easy to to pack and unpack, especially for one night hotel stays. I would just pull the 3 cubes out of my bag and toss them in a drawer or closet and be done (my brother who was traveling with me did not use the cubes and he was constantly disorganized and his bag looked like a mess all the time). The cubes also make it much easier to deal with your suitcase or travel backpack when in tight quarters such as a sleeper train. You can get to things in your bag without fumbling through all your clothes. I will always travel with these from now on. They were a life saver. They are also well built. I had many things break over the 6 weeks of hellish European travel (including, planes, 30+ train rides, too many subways/metros to count, buses, boats/ferries, and rental cars, as well as dragging a wheeled bag over miles and miles of cobbled stoned streets), but never had a problem with these. The zippers, the mesh, the seams are all high quality and I can use them for many more years and trips. The only issue with using these is one of functionality. AS you use your clean clothes from each cube, you don't want to put the dirty clothes back in with the clean ones. So I found myself placing dirty clothes into other small bags that got larger as the cubes got smaller until I could get to a laundry mat . I am going to buy a second set in another color, and use the first set for clean clothes and the other color for the dirty clothes which should help with this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars convenient sizes; unstructured, December 24, 2011
This review is from: eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Apparel)
The sizes are very convenient for current 22" suitcases and backpacks. the medium size fits width-wise in a 22" standard roller suitcase. In fact, I can get 2 of the mediums side-by-side in my 22" suitcase. The large fits nicely upright in a typical backpack (for example, Rick Steves' Appenzell day pack). These packing cubes are useful for those who like to travel light without check in luggage and without fighting for overhead storage space in-flight and still keep their items organized. For example, when moving frequently from hotel to hotel, these bags allow you to take out just what you need for that period without searching through your entire suitcase to find what you need. The light/flexible advantage has a great benefit in unstructured bags. However, the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that the eBags have NO supported shape to them compared to an equivalent Samsonite product that I have. For example, with the Samsonite, soft clothing, like a thin sweater, is held in place nicely without crumpling. With the eBag, you have to fully pack the bag to give it more support. However, how "rigid" one wants these cubes to be is personal preference, so buyer beware. Color choices are cool. If you are an organized traveler, consider these.

Rate and Discover Movies