4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size, Odd Clasp location

3.0 out of 5 stars great size, strap needs help
Published on November 13, 2011 by Miss Placed

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size, Odd Clasp location, February 24, 2012
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
This purse is a great size and relatively lightweight(and love the eggplant color- it's a bit shiny though, so it might not be for everyone). It has lots of areas to separate out items, which I love. I bought it to take on a trip where I knew I would want something small and light for essentials as well as a camera- and it is a great size for that (might even be a bit big for my needs)
But whoever thought to put one of those black backpask clasps UNDER the front flap has ruined this bag. I could have dealt with it at the bottom on the front flap, but I guess they didn't want it to show...so they placed it about dead center underneath the flap. This makes it awkward in the extreme, and also takes what would have otherwise been a nice flat bag and made it protrude out in the front. It looks like it has a tumour!! It also adds a hard lump, so I'm afraid to put my camera near it for fear a bump with crack the LCD screen.
I'm going to see if I can cut the clasp off and add a magnetic snap to save the bag.... but I wish the people that made it had tested it out with stuff in it so they would see how dumb of a move it was to add the bulky clasp there.
Update: After cutting off the awkward clasp, I find myself using this bag quite a lot when going on trips to theme parks etc. So I had to come back and give it another star :) It still can't have 5 because they should use a different clasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
Other reviewers are right about the inconvenient clasp; however not enough of a drawback in my mind to downgrade to 4 stars. My challenge was to find a lightweight small bag that could be worn over the shoulder or cross body because a bad back keeps me from carrying anything--much less a heavy leather bag. This little bag holds a surprising number of necessities. I have 3 credit and id cards, $50 in bills, both in an inside zip compartment (I don't carry a wallet or change because of the weight), pen, small notepad, inhaler, Visine, eyeliner, lip balm, small mirror, phone, nutrition bar, bus/subway pass (in the outside zip pocket for easy access) and there's room for more!

3.0 out of 5 stars great size, strap needs help, November 13, 2011
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
I bought this bag specifically to take on vacation. The size was perfect, big enough for my camera, cash, a credit card, and a few other small items. Maps tucked nicely into the back, and there are plenty of small inner compartments. My only complaint with the bag is that the mesh strap pilled/pulled all of my knit tops. Everything I wore ended up with a diagonal swath of pills. The strap style matches the bag, so I'm not sure what the fix would be, but I can't give this bag a great review when I consider the damage to my clothes. I'm not sure if it would have done the same thing to a woven blouse, but mostly I wore layered knits, and they all got damaged.

I was hoping to use this bag a lot in the future instead of my usual big, heavy purse, but it will be going in the closet, to be taken out on occasion

5.0 out of 5 stars function without bulk, May 8, 2011
K. Gordon (Shenandoah Valley, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag (Apparel)
I am a pet sitter/dog walker. During the warmer months when a jacket or vest is uncomfortably warm this little pouch provides the pockets necessary for safety gear, leashes, treats and cell phone. It's a perfect size and has an adjustable strap which can be worn across the chest for security without bulk. Well made and well priced.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost, but not quite., December 18, 2012
Karen (Juction City, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
I really like this bag. The size is just what I was looking for. It's well made, but it has a few serious flaws. The biggest one is the clasp for the flap. It's way up inside the flap and takes two hands to undo. Definitely not convenient. This also makes the flap stick out because it's attached too high. A simple piece of velcro at the bottom would have been much better. The pictures don't show it but the strap lays across the top zipper of the main compartment. This obstructs your access to the zipper and to what's inside. That said, I'm going to keep using it for a while to give a chance. The price is certainly resonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag for theme parks!, January 25, 2013
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag (Apparel)
I bought this because I was looking for a bag to take to the theme parks just to hold a few things like my keys, wallet, and phone and it was perfect. I also wanted a bag that I could wear cross-body. This bag was absolutely perfect! I could fit everything I needed and more. There are zippered sections so that you can feel like your keys or wallet is secure. It has an adjustable strap so you can make it long enough to wear cross-body or short for over the shoulder. It is well made and looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for traveling out of country!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag (Apparel)
I bought this bag for an upcoming trip to Honduras. I hate the thought of carrying a bulky purse, but also hate the thought of carrying a fanny pack or using one of those terrible little passport carrying cases that you hide under your pants... Who does that anyways?!? This bag is perfect for carrying your passport, camera, money and a few other little things you may need while out traveling in a place where you need to keep your most important belongings with you. It has a little zipper compartment to fit a passport/money, roomy enough area for a camera and cell phone if you need, plus a few other little pockets. Then it all clips down so things stay put. It also is a cross body bag, so you can wear it nice and snug to your body without worry that anyone will come and try to rip it off you. It is small and light enough that it wont be annoying to carry it all day while you are out doing fun things! I got the purple color and it is fantastic. I love it and will be buying more eBags for my travel needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs!, August 1, 2012
Deborah Sowers (Red Lion, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
I normally carry a large purse, but my husband and I were going to a 4-day music festival, and I knew I wouldn't want to carry my normal heavy purse. After looking at several options on Amazon, I chose this one. I was concerned it would be too small, but turns out it was perfect for what I wanted. I was able to carry a small pack of tissues, credit cards & some cash, our camera, headache pills which I am never without, and a few other small essentials. I am planning to use this bag from now on when we go on vacations! I will probably even use it for some shopping trips, baseball games and other occasions. It is small but is able to hold my essentials!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Bag, October 10, 2011
allen (greenville, SC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag
My wife was pleased with product. I believe that is all that matters and I was not in the dog house when purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag, April 10, 2014
This review is from: eBags Terrace Mini Bag (Apparel)
I don't remember exactly when I bought it, but after at least 3 years of continuous use, it is starting to fray a little, so I am getting another one. I like the small size. I can carry it with me and not feel weighed down. I usually carry a wallet, phone, a little makeup, eye drops, gum and a pair of glasses. That is all that I usually need to bring with me. I can fit a small camera or snack in too, if I want.
If you want to carry a lot more than that, this bag is too small for you. Did I mention that I love this bag? The price is right too. It is not fancy either, so if you want a giant gaudy bag, this bag is not for you.

eBags Terrace Mini Bag