Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: eBay Inventory the Smart Way: How to Find Great Sources and Manage Your Merchandise to Maximize Profits on the World's #1 Auction Site
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 24, 2007
This book is a decent overall, 1000 ft view of options for acquiring inventory to sell on eBay. It presents the 'you should consider' rather than the 'step one, step two', which is fair seeing that no one answer can fit all.

Granted, this wasn't intended to give you a list of manufacturers, wholesalers, or even a comprehensive list of online services; but just when you think something tangible (as opposed to purely conceptual) is about to appear on the next page, you get a 'not within the scope of this book' or 'buy our other book XYZ for that info' Also be warned of the DOBA ads threaded throughout this book (one of the authors is the CEO)

One 'tangible' piece of info I couldve used is in the area of importing. The book goes into the general process of working with manufacturers and wholesalers. You'd think getting the inventory is a considerable aspect of managing inventory, however the book simply recommends contacting a customs broker and stops. Then points to another one of their books for $24.95.

On top of it all, there had to have been at least 50 pages in this book created out of pure repetition. There were a number of places I thought I had reread, only to notice it had been covered multiple times. The unorthodox organization of the book helped lead to this, fat margins, etc, but I'm sure its no accident..a 250 pager sells more copies.

Decent book, but not well executed. I definitely will not consider any other publication in the series.
on April 7, 2006
Having read other books in the "eBay the Smart Way" series, I knew that this would be an easy read.

I've sourced product for my eBay business several different ways, and Sinclair & Hanks lay the business out plain and simple in a very easy-to-understand manner.

As a businessman, I'm always on the lookout for new and viable product sources. But when you discover something new, you don't ever want to go in looking like the "new kid on the block." This book will give you the knowledge needed to help prevent that, and stave off the first time jitters so you can investigate new sources with confidence.

I expect this book will be one that I find myself referring to often.
on January 19, 2012
We recently started up an eBay business, so I checked this book out at the library to learn about potential marketing/merchandising strategies. I am SO glad I did not buy the book, and am writing this review in the hopes that I can save you from wasting your money.

It is not that there is anything wrong with the content or suggestions offered in "eBay Inventory The Smart Way", it's just that the information is hopelessly out of date. As I was reading the book, I made a note of six websites I wanted to research for potential merchandise opportunities. When I got on the internet, however, I found that not a single one of the websites is in operation any longer. In a couple of cases, there were only spam websites that were very similar in URL to the websites suggested in the book.

This probably was a very informative book back in 2007, but it is fairly useless today. Instead of spending your money on this book, go get yourself a nice malbec and sip it slowly while you use the internet to research ways to manage your eBay inventory. That would be much more enjoyable.
on February 26, 2010
I bought this book used for .49 cents and truthfully it wasnt even worth that....the title touts that it's supposed to be about product sourcing - But the only thing this book "teaches" you is common sense things you don't need this book for to figure out, trust me....On top of that, 85% of the websites it directs you to, to source products - as of 2010 - are either gone and no longer around, totally useless, or complete SCAMS....I found almost every website it directed me to to either be a blatant reported scam on the internet, or to be 100% useless as far as sourcing wholesale products, dropshipping, or anything in between.....

This book is also FILLED with a bunch of flubber, page filler garbage, just to fill pages, and I found myself constantly waiting for it to get to the point. When it did? The "information" inside fizzled out so quickly when I researched it, that I was totally buzzed killed by the end.

The fact that it actually directed me to reported, confirmed, SCAM dropshipping sites, Wholesaler sites, and also blatant ridiculous sales pages for other scammers - tells me either that these "authors" (one of whom is the founder of [...], one of the worst ripoffs and worst sites for Ebay sellers I've ever seen and been burned by in the past) either did almost absolutely no quality testing whatsoever of the sources they recommend, or more likely they were paid to promote these scams in their "book" and were actively in on them, and profited from them. The impression I got at the end, and after researching their recommendations was that they were paid handsomely for promoting these scams, including the authors own mega scam, Doba.

Beyond the scams they actively promote, they just barely did basically the pre-lim research you could do on the web yourself on google; and filled their book with it...All the while telling you in every chapter "You dont need a book to tell you this..." or "use your imagination..."

This book leads down a path to nowhere, and quickly by the end drops you off a cliff of dead information, and common sense you shouldnt have to pay for. Be very aware of the scams they promote in this book, you will get completely ripped off very easily if you visit a 3rd of the sites they "recommend"...truly unbelievable this went to print, even 4 years ago....

I gained nothing from reading this book as a new Ebay seller, absolutely nothing, and I'm sorry I spent the 50 cents for it and the shipping - If I could return it I would, but I'm not gonna bother....I just know now why it was only 50 cents, because you wont even make that back after reading it...Total waste of time and energy....

Buyer beware, and seriously, look elsewhere for a product sourcing book, because this falls FARRRR short of the mark....Just another scam out there amoung the millions..in professional clothing...like they all are...A rip off even if it was a dime...seriously...two thumbs, and toes, totally down.
on April 22, 2006
All the sources show in this book are easily found in website and those sources are not really will help you maximize your profit because most of the sources you need to pay monthly fees. Better think twice when you purchase this book, I already waste my time and money to own this book. Good luck on you
on April 4, 2006
I received this book and was very impressed with the straight forward information the authors provided. It was very helpful to me and I found myself creating exciting new ideas as I was reading it. That's a well written book IMHO. I've read many books on the subject and have to say that I believe this is the best book on the subject available today.
on March 27, 2006
This is a great book! I couldn't put it down. If you currently sell online or are just thinking about it, this is a must read. Practical information and step-by-step guides that will enable anyone to sell products online.
on September 23, 2015
Good.
on April 10, 2006
I found this book to be an extremely useful resource. It is an easy read and walks you through every aspect of finding the right supply for your business. I would recommend the book to every small business owner.
on April 7, 2006
This book is amazing due to one reason and one reason alone...Simplicity...it doesn't attempt to overstate the obvious or reinvent the wheel...it teaches you in simple terms how to effectively sell online and make money...that's it...fast and simple.