5.0 out of 5 stars Remote Pan/Tilt tripod head
Worked fine for me. Used it to tape birdfeeder action. The remote had better range than my camcorder's remote.
Published on March 8, 2007 by James Schwabe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Enough
Published on September 19, 2007 by Daniel Lloyd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Enough, September 19, 2007
This review is from: eBenk Automatic Pan / Tilt Tripod Head with Remote Control (Electronics)
Not good enough, I had to open it up to see what makes it tick because it doesn't work. Two gear systems, one for up/down and one for left/right. Gears don't mess, hence the clicking noise as it tries to go left as you are facing it. The gear system connects to the motor by a meager rubber band that is too near gear grease. The asymbly is too loose and the threads of the gears are able to separate and sometimes jam. As stated before, good idea but it doesn't work very well. Oh yes, you had better use a very small camcorder. It can't take the weight and you can't take the wait to see if it will eventually work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, but VERY Low Quality Product, January 27, 2007
Looking at the specs, this product matched exactly what I was looking for. I have a Sony TRV38 Digital Camcorder that I want to control from across the room. This unit is supposed to do that. The first one that arrived worked as advertised except for the automatic panning feature. It would pan to the right, but stopped when it reached its limit when panning to the left.

I returned it to 47st Photo and was sent a replacement about a week later. This unit's automatic panning feature worked fairly well, with a couple of spots where it appeared to drag slightly as it panned the head. This unit, however, has a dead remote sensor ... a wired external infrared receiver that plugs into the main unit allowing the user to control pan and tilt functions when the tripod head has moved out your line-of-sight. I called 47st. Photo again (a week ago). Rather than ship this entire unit back, she said she would see if they could ship me just another remote sensor. No word yet. If I don't hear from them within another couple of days I'm sending the whole unit back for a refund. Sometimes 47st. doesn't answer their phone, so that makes it even more aggravating!

1.0 out of 5 stars tilt tripod head with remote control, July 12, 2007
Product is a panning device, it pans way too fast for what it is intended to do,it should barely move back & forth, but move. Also so so difficult to connect all the pieces to the tripod, very flimsy once you do get it connected to the tripod. Product does not live up to its "name".

2.0 out of 5 stars A mistake, September 13, 2009
This product was the big mistake to purchase. When I got it and tested it, the tilt operations worked with no problem but the pan would not work what so ever. The instructions that comes with this product do not help at all. I tried to exchang it or get a refund but the seller would not work with me on the situation. I do not recoment this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars pricey and imperfect, but it works, November 4, 2009
controls could be a bit more refined (pan speed too fast, direction buttons were reversed), but it works... so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remote Pan/Tilt tripod head, March 8, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars product satisfaction, August 11, 2012
I purchased an automatic pan/tilt trypod head with remote control. The product works reasonably well but would have been better if the gearing was a littlr more gentle and slower. I use this product with my cam corder to follow ships etc and play throgh my television with great results. The price paid wad quite good for the product but coming from the states the postage was equaly as much. I thought that would be the total cost but I had to pay a futher £10,19p to the carrier on delivery, making the deal expensive.I cannot fault Amazon for the way customers are served and the follow up with details of delivery, I definatly will continue to deal with this company for any future needs. Thankyou

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - cheap remote - great service, February 26, 2009
See the above- good piece of equipment from performance standpoint and iscost effective. The remote is cheap and can break down. Amazon was outstanding from a supplier standpoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little unit goes a long way, December 3, 2008
B. Kalenda (Mount Pleasant, SC) - See all my reviews
I bought this unit to use at my family reunion. I used it with my JVC DVcamcorder. Great range on the remote. Pan and tilt move effortlessly no bumps during movement. Battery life is a little disappointing, but it works great off AC. Overall, thumbs up :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Love Hate Relationship, December 30, 2013
One of those products I hate but have to have to get the job I need done.
Like what other reviewers have said not good for heavy cameras. Actually I don't
think its completely stable for any camera. I am lucky my camcorder is still working as
many times as this thing has fallen over. And the product has been very messed up since
I first started using it because its just not steady. It would be nice if someone had advice on how to keep
it stable on a tripod or a special kind of tripod that would help. When it is behaving it pans adequately. Wish
it tilted up and down more, but it is what it is. I like the remote because it is cordless and you can also snap photos from it
which is one of the whole reasons I chose this particular product. It has lasted me for a little over a year and I use it about one time a week. Today it tipped over again with my small little new camera. Not very happy but non the less getting ready to order another one despite the situation. So despite keeping it together it does the job. Someone needs to make a special tripod for it then I would be happy.

Rate and Discover Movies