5.0 out of 5 stars How low can you go?
At least pricewise, I believe we hit the bottom when it comes to super-cheap HDMI wires - at the time I am writing this, the 2-pak sells for less many vendors would charge for shipping alone.

Published on July 29, 2010 by A. Dent

3.0 out of 5 stars hdmi male cable
The two Hdmi cables work great and were the perfect length. The price online is unbeatable compared to the cheapest of $25 in stores. $3 for two is much more manageable. I needed these cables ASAP and bought the express shipping to ensure fast delivery. I might as well have just got free shipping. Took over a week and a half to receive the cables or even hear about them...
Published on September 28, 2010 by The Dugan

5.0 out of 5 stars How low can you go?, July 29, 2010
This review is from: eForCity 227744 2-Pack 3-Feet High Speed HDMI for HDTV/DVD Player (Electronics)

Briefly: right length for most uses, right price and free shipping at the time I am writing this. On the negative side, this is a generic cable and you may find it difficult to return it if it doesn't work but, given the price and given that you get 2 for less than other vendors would charge just to ship you a wire, it's worth it. After all, nobody ever went to look at the back of my equipment to see what brand-name wires connects the various components and the overwhelming odds are that if the cable performs on day one it will continue to perform while left there.

The 3-6 ft. are the optimum lengths to connect most electronics. I am actually using 3 ft. cables whenever the connected devices happen to be very close to each other because, when it comes to cables, shorter is almost always better :).

Just in case someone may feel guilty for not paying a lot more for a premium brand, it should be stated that at these lengths - 3-6 ft., you will get as good a service from a no-brand cable as you would from a super-expensive named brand. An HDMI 1.3x cable should be able to carry, error free, all the signal your electronic equipment may put out. In fact, you can buy one or 2 extra 'cheap' cables, just in case. At these prices they're easily affordable.

The FUD campaigns, trying to attract buyers toward the more expensive brands make a series of claims. I will address them, as they may apply to this specific cable.

- Signal attenuation is less over a more expensive cable. - TRUE, BUT that's irrelevant on a 3-6 ft. length. The HDMI consortium stated that even the cables that were not 'certified' as 'Category 2' or 'High-Speed' will meet the requirements at lengths of 6 ft. or less. At 3-6 ft., it would be a waste to consider an 'expensive' alternative. In addition, the newer devices have sufficient processing power and are sensitive enough to properly interpret even the more ambiguous 'digits' they receive.

- The expensive cables are better engineered and their contacts are less likely to break. - TRUE, BUT how many times is one going to plug/unplug an HDMI cable in and out of an HDMI socket over the cable's lifetime? 5 times? 10 times? The 'better engineered' claim has no practical importance. If your cable works on 'day one' the odds are that it will be left in the back of your box for many months or years before it is unplugged and plugged back in or somewhere else. If this cable is purchased for home use, the 'better engineered' claim should not be of a major concern.

- The more expensive cables are 'future proof'. - NOT TRUE. Claims are made that, if you buy the more expensive wires you won't have to buy new ones when 'new standards' emerge because the more expensive wire will support them. This is untrue on 2 different levels. First, your cheap cable was purchased to work with some very specific devices which need HDMI 1.3 and will never support the 'new standard'. The new standards will be supported by new electronic devices but, for as long as you keep the existing ones, you will still need this cable to connect them. Second, the emerging HDMI 1.4 specs call for new features such as an Ethernet channel and an audio return channel, both of which can't be supported by the existing HDMI 1.3 cables so, no matter how large a bandwidth the existing expensive cables may support, it won't matter because you still won't able to use them if you are to take FULL advantage of an HDMI 1.4 device so... there goes your $5 invesment or... your $200, depending on your having purchased a 'cheap' or a 'top of the line' HDMI cable.

________________________________________

Here are the HDMI 1.3 specs supported by both this cable and its more expensive alternatives.

Maximum signal bandwidth (MHz) 340

Maximum resolution over single link at 48-bit/px 1920×1200p60

sRGB
YCbCr
8 channel LPCM/192 kHz/24-bit audio capability
Blu-ray Disc video and audio at full resolution
Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
DVD-Audio support
Super Audio CD (DSD) support
Deep Color
xvYCC
Auto lip-sync
Dolby TrueHD bitstream capable
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable
Updated list of CEC commands (only on HDMI 1.3a,b,c)
________________________________________

My personal experience: I've never paid 'a lot' for an HDMI cable because it makes no sense to pay more. I took home one of the 'expensive' ones once because the salesman promised to take it back if I wasn't amazed by the difference. It made zero difference and I returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars CRAZY DEAL! <3 You Amazon, March 31, 2013
Josh (Milky Way Galaxy) - See all my reviews
These HDMI cables are really good you get 2 for under $4 wow! Keep in mind they are really short so make sure you will have ur devices close enough to ur tv. I live in CA so I ordered from eforcity in CA so I would receive it faster but it still took a week but honestly you cant complain when your getting two hdmi's they are gold plated and look great but they're short so be careful! they're about the length of your arm get a tape mesure and mesure out 3ft just to be sure. HDMI's at the store are $20 dollars for one and here you get 2 for under $4 lol I could get 8 hdmi's for the price of one at target.
I reccommend these to anyone who needs some hdmi cables and dosent want to get ripped off at the stores but ive said it so many times just make sure your aware of the 3ft length its not that long.
The picture quality is the exact same as any other hdmi so dont be fooled but if your looking for a little but better quality cord go with the "Bluerigger HDMI" I have that one and its cheap as well but the quality is amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cable organization, January 22, 2010
J. Gant "Rob" (Somerville, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Exactly the right length to connect my TV to my HTPC. Great quality, perfect price. I don't think you can get better by paying more.

4.0 out of 5 stars eForcity 2-Pk High Speed HDMI Cables, April 27, 2013
This time I purchased a set of HDMI cables for my DVD player so that I might connect my new fancy-smancy television to my new dvd player. The cables work as they should and produce a bright and crisp picture when I'm watching my movies. The television is connected to a basic cable television box without an HDMI option. When I watch my movies, I can see the difference in quality of the picture. That indicates that the cords are doing what they are supposed to.

When I went to a few local stores to get pricing, I realized that I would have to have paid triple the amount for a single cable. In this economy, a frugal-minded gal like myself 'ain't got no time for that'.

These work well and I would definitely recommend them. Do note that they aren't quite 3 feet. They fall a few inches short. That is the reason for missing a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, January 12, 2010
I use one to connect Dish DVR and another to connect DVD player. Both work fine. No issues whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY good value, December 29, 2012
1audiopro (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
eForCity makes some pretty good cables, and they're inexpensive - a good value. I've used them with my 23.6-inch ASUS plasma, and a BlueRay player, with very good picture quality. (These replaced the 6-footers I had.) Of course, there are some high resolution situations, where you might want a better cable quality; but, for generic 1080P uses, they're just fine. And a 2-pack, for under $4, shipped - why not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 31, 2013
Paul (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
When I bought my HDTV five years ago I foolishly fell for the $50 HDMI cable scam. Never again. I bought a 2-pack of these eForCity cables and they work just as well as the expensive one. Don't get ripped off by the chain stores, these things work great at a fraction of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true?, December 28, 2012
Ron Smoak (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
HDMI cables for pennies? Yes! And very good cables at that. Buy these instead of the $50 plus cables your electronics store will charge you. Actually you can buy a dozen for what they cost at the big box stores. Very good product at an amazing price. Ya can't go wrong here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 15, 2013
I was a little worry about this cables, I thought they were gonna be a little short, but once I put them on the were the perfect size and I don't have to worry about hiding any extra cable. Easy to use and delivery was faster than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars sometimes you get more than you pay for..., December 5, 2012
Phil B. (northern CA) - See all my reviews
I'm using these on my new 1080p LED TV with 3D capability connected to DirecTV HD DVR and a 3D BluRay player. The picture is outstanding and 3D is amazing. At this price I did not expect such exceptional performance.