Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 15, 2013
The case I received was different from what was pictured. My case has the Nintendo symbol on the top of the case. It also has a different lanyard (all silver and more flimsy looking). The straps to hold the 3DS XL are not in the spots shown in the picture. Instead it is just one ling and very flimsy strap going across the whole case. I just wind up placing the system right over top of this strap because its too flimsy to actually hold the system anyway.

The case I received only has 2 slots to hold 2 games in comparison to the 4 shown in the picture.

Also, I have a eForCity Crystal Case Compatible With Nintendo 3DS XL, Clear and although it makes for a slightly tighter fit, it still does fit fine. Just makes for an even more tighter fit if you plan to place games in there as well.

Another thing to mention is that this case SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! I cant quite even put it into words what it smells like, but its the inside of the case that smells horrid.

It is a decent case. Just wish it was very slightly more spacious for storing games and a charging cable (I have a NDS to USB charging cable that I currently place in there, but its a tight fit).

I wouldn't order this unless you are OK with possibly not getting what is pictured. But the alternative is not so bad either. Especially considering the price.

Hope this helps.

***UPDATED 03/26/13

WOW!!! Ive owned this case for about 2 weeks now and I would have thought it would have aired out by now, but DAMN!!! The smell is just as potent as it was the first day I got it. I even sprayed it with tons of strong cologne and let it air out for days, but it still smells horrible.

I had my 3DS in it for a few days and now my 3DS smells horrible as well.

I believe I will let it air outside when it gets nicer, but for the cost and trouble, I might just buy another case and toss this one in the trash.

I'm not a very picky person, but this smell is not something I care to deal with. And its also not worth the price of the return shipping as the company does not pay for it (even though I received a different item than was pictured).

I do not recommend this case (the case that you might receive that is not pictured). I can not comment on the actual case that IS pictured as I do not have that one.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
This case is unbeatable for the price. The system fits snugly, and the pouch inside can store an extra stylus, cleaning pad, etc. The elastic straps don't really do much, but they don't get in the way, either. The shell is sturdy enough to handle a drop here and there (I wouldn't test it by throwing it on the pavement, though). The clip you see in the picture comes unattached, so you can leave it off unless you want to hang your 3DS from your belt loop at the risk of getting beat up for looking doofy. The shell is as blank as it appears in the picture, which I like, because I don't have to feel like a walking advertisement.
The only negative thing I'd say about this product is that the game pouches are a bit too tight for the 3DS game cards. It's kind of like trying to squeeze 4 kids into the 3 seats in the back of your van. They get in there, but not comfortably.
Still, you factor in shipping and this bad boy is STILL half the price of most cases out there, so even with the wonky game pouches, I give it a 5.
on April 11, 2013
Make sure the case is sold and shipped by eForCity and not Electromaster. The case I got from electromaster was not the one on the picture. It had a Nintendo symbol on top and one long strap on the inside instead of 2 small straps on the corners. The 3DS XL was not a snug fit. It's a little wide so the console wiggles a little left and right.

I ordered the case again, but from eForCity and I got the right case. The case is great for the price. It is fairly sturdy and looks nice. The console fits snugly inside and doesn't wiggle. The straps don't really do much, but i guess it might stop the console from falling out if you open it the wrong way. The cartridge slots are very small. It's like they tried to squeeze in 4 slots, but there was only enough room for 3.

There is no marking to tell which is the top or bottom of the case so I suggest you put a sticker or something on top so you don't unzip the case the wrong way and have your console fall to the ground.
on May 6, 2014
When I read reviews about the smell being really I thought "I don't really care how it smells, I just want it to hold my 3DS XL; besides, it can't be that bad." Well trust me, it is. The only word that I can think to describe the smell is TOXIC, absolutely TOXIC. It just smells like something you don't want to be around. I almost get the feeling like it will do biological harm to continue exposing myself to it.

The case, functionality wise, keeps the 3DS XL nice and snug and is pretty good protection. Think, Crocs, and that is what the texture and strength of the outer shell is like; not too hard to be uncomfortable, but still able to hold its shape against some pressure. The inside feels just like the outside in terms of texture, but a little softer; kind of like a semi-rigid sleeping bag for your 3DS XL. I like having the ability to clip it to a belt or backpack and I like that the DS/3DS cartridge slots are on the opposite side of the flap so they won't rub against your DS with the exposed plastic part of the cartridge.

It's an OK case but I will keep my eyes open for something better.
on February 26, 2013
There are two problems with this case. First, it has a terrible smell. I have had it airing out for over a week, and although the smell has gotten better, it is still noticeable. I haven't actually put my 3DS/XL in the case yet, because I am worried that it will pick-up the smell. As if the smell were not bad enough, the second problem is a show-stopper. The zipper doesn't work. If you draw the zipper pull around the case to close it, the zipper closes, but then the zipper teeth almost immediately start separating from one another. Thus, the case does not stay closed. Sadly, my quest for a 3DS/XL case continues.
on January 28, 2014
i got the one that was in the picture, with the four pockets. the pockets were just a little snug, but if they weren't then the games would end up falling out. it has some smell, but its not smoke smell. just that weird new smell.
on December 24, 2013
This is a good case but not great. It is a good size and it provides good protection for my DS XL. However, the only thing bad about this case is the horrible smell. Trust me the smell is really bad. I read the reviews before buying this and I noticed other people had the same issue with the smell.

If you are not picky like I am, I would say buy this case. However, If you are looking for a great case for your DS I would say skip this and look up "Drive Logic™ DL-64 Portable EVA Hard Drive Carrying Case Pouch (Black)" Trust me it is 100 times better than this case. It has better material and it does not smell.

I want to give this a 1 star rating for the smell and a 4 star rating for the case itself. I am going to be nice and give this a 4 star rating because I am here to rate just the case. Other buyers might not mind the smell. Honestly, If I need another case I would not buy this product again.
on February 18, 2014
First off, the case's smell is way to strong when you smell it. Secondly, The picture shows the 4 ds game holder up top from the 3dsxl itself, but those are just the back patch! The real ds game holder is on the back side of the flap which doesn't naturally bend the right way and has the games awkwardly hanging upside down. Also the games take some force to get in there because its a really tight fit. The pouch behind the flap can't even hold a charger without feeling like your gonna den't your 3dsxl when you zip it.

Lastly, the case is made out of a Styrofoam that gets dented really easily. Don't BUY THIS!!!!
on December 12, 2014
Nice, hard shell for the 3DS and some games and stuff. Bothered that the charger won't fit, that there's only a few slots for games, and that the game flap has rubbed a black mark on my 3DS hard case. I think I might go for a bit bigger case next time, because fittting headphones in here is a squeeze.Having two zippers and a biner clip is nice though, and the outside hasn't scuffed.
on December 29, 2013
This is a great case!!!! It fits the 3DS XL perfectly, as well as the 4 games and a few accessories. There is no smell as other reviewers mentioned. The fabric is soft and protective. The zipper is easy to use and secure, and I really like the carabiner to hook to my sons pants if he takes it somewhere.

It is possible another seller is selling a different product under the same description, we purchased from Eforcity