Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 23, 2012
This adapter IS NOT for taking a video/audio signal from your computer (laptop/desktop) and displaying both the video and audio on your TV or wherever. This adapter IS for taking THE VIDEO ONLY from a RCA cable (red/yellow/white) and displaying it on a computer monitor (or other device with an explicit VGA input). If you buy this adapter to go from your computer to tv it will not work. I currently use this adapter to plug my Wii into my computer monitor. There are also RCA audio cable adapters to handle the sound. For those that don't know; Yellow = Video; Red/White = Audio.
1414 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2013
I use this to connect my old consoles, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, PS2, etc. to my 27" LG IPS Monitor, works great and looks great for non-digital
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2014
I don't know what this product is supposed to do, but it does not allow you to hook a Wii into a computer monitor. I don't have a TV, but I have a computer monitor that I am not using, so I thought this would be a great way to hook up my Wii, however no matter what I did, the monitor just kept saying there was no signal. I'm giving it three starts, because maybe I misread the description, and this is not supposed to function that way, but I wanted to leave a review so that others wouldn't make the same mistake I did.
on July 4, 2014
I move around a lot, so it’s impractical for me to have a TV. I was excited to find this product because I have a nice computer monitor, and I thought I’d be able to play my old PS2 again. I thought wrong. When the postman delivered this package to me, I noticed something strange to his eyes, like… like there wasn’t a person behind them. He smiled a little and said “enjoy the plugs” while he licked his lips. A bit of blood-drool trickled down his face. It seemed a little strange, even somewhat ominous, but I shrugged it off because he had contracted rabies from the dog next door about a week ago, so this wasn’t new behavior. When I opened the package I was pleased to see that it looked exactly the same way it did in the picture! Yay! I thought that was a good sign, but once again, I thought wrong. A halo of flies gathered above my head as I proceeded to hook my PS2 up to my computer monitor, and my dog started reciting Aerosmith songs backwards after throwing an amount of blood that could be described as “unsettling”. “Gee whiz”, I thought. “It sure is strange that my house has possibly become the breeding ground for unspeakable evil.” Still, I wasn’t going to let that stop me from playing PS2. The chord however, had other plans. “IT DOESN’T WORK!!!!” I screamed as I threw my arms above my head, shaking my fists at the gods that had surely cursed me. I tried to use the chord with several other videogame systems, and several other monitors, but it still didn’t work. Anyways, I contacted a local Shaman and he assisted me in burying it at the foot of the oldest oak tree in the forest after reciting some fancy chant. My house hasn’t had any recent demonic activity since then. This cable doesn’t work. Don’t buy it.
on October 12, 2012
Besides the long waiting it works just perfectly just like I thought it would. I use it on my computer screen that I don't use no more Now I can watch my front door back door my driveway through my security cameras. Thanks
on April 14, 2014
Took a year and a day to show up and then tried on several monitors and it does nothing. Just don't know how something so simple can't be tested before shipped ? It serves such a simple purpose. ...
on October 20, 2011
BE AWARE- DOES NOT CONVERT COMPUTER SIGNAL TO ANALOG SIGNAL- so if you have an old analog TV this will NOT work,if trying to hook up a computer to the analog TV.
on April 22, 2014
I purchased this item so my son could play his xbox through a PC monitor. Turns out it didn't even work.
on May 20, 2014
I bought this cable to connect my Sega Genesis (which uses composite cable output) to my monitor (which uses a VGA input), and that's clearly what this cable is advertised as doing. Problem is, it doesn't do that. It just doesn't work. I've tried using this on 2 completely different monitors, as well as using different devices that use composite output (DVD player, PS2, Gamecube, etc.) and any mix of devices and monitors simply does not work.

If I could, I would give this product a 0 out of 5 stars, considering that even if it did work by some chance, any and every composite cables I've tried connecting to it would inevitably slip out at some point since they're not really connected by anything. They just slide in, expecting to be held there by gravity defiance.

This is one of the worst products I've ever seen. I knew what it was used for (I wasn't trying to connect a monitor to a TV), I've read reviews from people saying it works for what it's supposed to, but the item I got was absolutely busted. I've tried everything, and there is simply zero composite signal going through this thing. The VGA being connected is recognized just fine, but that's absolutely worthless when composite signals somehow don't get sent through this thing. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT waste your money on this. But a converter box instead.
on April 17, 2013
My fault, if I'd read the customer reviews first, I'd have realized it wouldn't work. I wanted to use the excellent 17" Acer monitor I got from Amazon (where else?) as a second TV when I discarded my oldest computer. The monitor senses that there's no computer attached, and won't give me an image. I've ordered an S-Video cable to try out, but doubt if that will work. It's okay, though, I'll get a proper flat screen TV from Amazon (where else?) in the Fall, and help the economy along.