Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar

on September 29, 2012
Similar to one of the above reviewers, the plastic does indeed begin to scratch your 3DS after some time. This was a great product for a few days. After that, little white spots began to develop under the surface on the 3DS side. I figured out after taking the case off that this was caused by the case itself scratching against the 3DS. Although I don't have very noticeable blemishes yet, I feel that if I kept it on for a longer period of time, the paint will begin to scratch off completely. This would have been a really great case if only there were a layer between the hard plastic and the 3DS to prevent the scratching. As is however, this is unacceptable, and I would return it if the shipping didn't equal the cost of the product itself. As a warning to anyone else who is considering buying this, I urge you to look elsewhere.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
When I ordered this case, it had more bad reviews than good ones. But it cost only $5 including shipping, and there are not many other video game peripherals companies who made crystal cases for 3DS XL. I had one Hori crystal case for my DS lite, which works great, but they didn't make one for 3DS. So I decided to give it a try.

It surprised me when I received it and fit it onto my new 3DS XL. It fits perfectly. Cameras, mic, all sliders, connectors and L/R buttons are easily accessible. I think the idea of using a crystal case is to make your gadget looks 'shiny', rather than have tons of protection. As for the 'dust' problem other people mentioned, you have to remove the case every several weeks to clean the inside of the case and the outside of the 3DS. Actually this a necessary process when using crystal cases on anything, and the manufactures should mention this in the manual (Speck did, but don't expect a $5 product to come with a manual). This is a drawback for crystal cases, but it costs to look good :p

Recommend if you are a fan of crystal cases for your gadgets.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
I am glad I ordered this case, I did not pay much for this case and it seems like itll do a good job protecting my 3DS XL. I bought this case thinking itll be like the hard case I bought for my DSi ( )
but it wasnt this case is a little more flimsy and when I slide my finger off the side of my 3DS XL it grips where the case ends and feels like if I were to put enough force that it could possibly crack it. Those are the 2 reasons why I took off 1 star but other than that I really think this case will do a pretty decent job protecting my 3DS from scratches, thats the main reason why I bought this case lol I also like how easy it is to get to my SD card, charger, styles, ect. I think for the price its worth buying since most stores dont even sell hard cases like this and if they do its more expensive.
review image review image review image review image
on February 22, 2014
I liked it at first but, over time, the fact was that the risk of dropping my 3ds and scratching was less than the guaranteed light, but continuous, scratches from the case itself.
on June 14, 2013
The item is well form fitting. It was wrapped in protective tape and when I removed it a few bits didn't come off and I had a short lived frustration to get the case off. The 3dXL has very little grab spots so this case is probably staying on till I get a ds4XL(which does not exist in this dimension) and trade it in.

I can say I used a similar model of this on my old dsLite and from my thought on this I should have a clean view of my xl till I take it off( I assume cracks and case malfunction if I have a need to take off too many times). The older one only had problems when I had some liquid come in contact and it was sucked in by trying to resolve without taking off. That would be my only gripe with these kind of cases, that its tight but still liquids can find there way in.

I've only had it on for an hour but I can observe I have full movement of the device and can access all ports and buttons.

My only enemy is dirty fingers as this case has a feel to it which is probably due to the tape and feels right now till I clean it down to have a texture feeling to it not like a PS Vita but like denim jeans feel.

I should have many long years of use from it or until I drop it and buy another one or buy an otter box case for that reason but since I bought this to protect resale value and not for dropping I should be fine.
on December 16, 2012
this also came with a wrist strap, but not sure anymore. i wanted a nice case to protect the outer layer from scratches/dings and this worked perfectly. the biggest draw is it makes your 3ds xl look even more sleek and shiny. most other cases totally cover up your systems color and design and are horrendous looking. i want to be able to SEE my 3ds. those nerf/dreamgear cases are the UGLIEST things i have ever seen and would never have them on my system.
every input slot/jack/button/slider is cut out on the case nicely, so no slot is covered up. the case is really nice and with the strap, you wont drop it. people have noticed my case when im out and about, and they all want one because this case makes it look beautiful. it wont protect against drops, but outer scratches/wear and tear..Totally protected. just use any wrist strap and your good to go.
it fits very snug and tight is just nice. the original 3ds design was sleek and beautiful, the xl is kinda meh, this case makes it look sleek and it looks shiny again. thank you!!
and its not ugly, huge plus!!
on March 11, 2013
I love this product, I like to be able to see my 3ds xl through its protective case. I also have a clear skin on my 3ds xl though because I have read reviews on here that said this case rubs on the 3ds and could take off paint. I definitely don't notice this but I've got a protective skin on the equipment as well which would prevent this case from touching the 3ds. I think this case looks great and offers a little protection from bangs scrapes and scratches. I am not sure this would be good for a kid playing with it, one good drop would probably crack the case. So protection wise this is minimal. It doesn't add much weight or bulk to the 3ds xl either which is great for fitting it in cases or bags and such.
on December 6, 2012
The case is just thick enough to prevent you from sliding the volume by accident. (Which is really common with the 3DS XL)
The thickness also makes it really easy to grab that stylus.
The case doesn't block anything!

Getting this case off is a pain!
(The best way I've found is to push up from the gab where the stylus is. Then push up the best you can from the audio jack opening.)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
Yes it's one of the best cases out there for the 3ds xl!! It looks well polished! I suggest buying a skin for the 3ds xl and putting on this cool sleek case. Shipping was right on point! If your looking for not a bulky case with an amazing price point! Go for it! But I recommend the skin with it for a good decent amount of protection and style .
on July 18, 2013
I purchased this to protect my Pikachu 3DS XL, and am very happy with it. It fits very nicely and does not prevent or hinder use of any of the buttons. Plus it fits in my carrying case with ease. I'd recommend this to anyone looking to protect their normal sized 3DS or 3DS XL.