Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on July 11, 2012
This is kind of OK if you are not shooting zoomed out, if it is zoomed out then you will notice the boarders of the lens cap in the picture. Please do not consider buying this.
on July 20, 2012
The filter is nice as the original nikon cover will fit inside. However, the lens cap is extremely cheap and the string is the only attachment method. Very poor attachment and no instructions. Not recommended, even for price.
on June 27, 2013
No I am not shooting birds. This stuff is cheap, does not fit well and I can not believe that only a few mention that this hood only works from 35mm to 55mm. Not the 18mm-55mm it says it does. Hood is in picture frame from 30-35mm to 18mm. Hood does not fit well either. A light bump will pop it off. UV filter is OK but I got to day that came out of package with a goober on it. Looked like a booger. Hard to clean off like it was silicone. I am not going to be so harsh on the lens cap as it works and I have it for back up but don't think it comes with a lanyard. They send you a piece of string you can tie to the cap and what ever else you want to tie it to. This should not be sold as described. This is not a savings for me. I still got to go out and buy a lens hood for a 18mm-55mm.
Eforcity is selling a lot of non compatible items and Amazon is letting them. I will not buy from Eforcity any more as they have received enough info to know that there is a problem with the items sold and choose to let retailers continue to sell. Amazon should smarten up as I am ready to stop dealing through them.
on January 26, 2012
Just does as specified. I'm even thinking about buying another one since I sold my camera with this one.

Highly recommend.
on July 1, 2012
It wasn't bad enough that the string to hold the lens cap on was just a piece of string - not attached to anything and not really attachable to anything, but the lens cap doesn't even lock onto the lens hood it came with. The product picture shows the string attached to the cap and a loop on the other end of the string - this is not what it comes like when you open the box. Don't waste your money.
on April 1, 2012
everything fits and works,very cheap price. string is not tied on arrival, and i already lost the string for the lens cap cover.
on December 1, 2012
The UV filter is fine, it's hard to screw that up.

The hood on the other hand does NOT work well on the D3100. You can see it in the pictures, unless you are zoomed in a decent amount. The lens cap and crappy string that is included is nothing to write home about. I'm not overly disappointed though, the UV filter is good. However for an 18-55mm lens, you need a different hood to work well. Don't buy this for the hood or the lens cap, buy for the filter if anything.
on June 10, 2012
The product came very quickly, which made me happy! Everything looks exactly like the picture and is made well. I just have 2 complaints:
1. as someone previously mentioned, the hood is a little too small and it shows up if you are zoomed out all the way.
2. the string for the lens cap was a pain to put on and it was short and barely attached to the camera.
on January 2, 2013
It works just fine. I bought for my wife's 18-55 DX nikon lens. That was silly of me, as this lens move the front when focusing. This thing turns as it focuses and looks silly, but also shows up in the corners of pictures. I would not recommend for any lens that moves up front while focusing. Not a product flaw, just my mistake ordering it.
on December 30, 2012
I bought this because I need a filter and sun shade so I thought I would give this one a try. The glass filter feels nice and fits great but the sun shade is kind of cheap and doesn't fit well at all. When I put it on it doesn't line up right and to get it to line I I would give it a quarter turn and it would then pop off making it useless.