5.0 out of 5 stars I got exactly what I expected... And more!
I am what I consider a Semi-Pro photographer. I do it because I love it, once in a while I get a paying gig.

I bought this to get rid of the neck strap on my Nikon D90 for my shoots while I am away from the studio. Now I use it on my D90, even in the studio, like all the time!

Since I have put it on my camera, I haven't taken it off!

I...
Published on February 16, 2012 by MrPossum

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit D5100 nicely.
Published on December 10, 2011 by D5100Cams

5.0 out of 5 stars I got exactly what I expected... And more!, February 16, 2012
MrPossum "Mr P" (Chappell Hill, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eForCity Leather Hand Grip Strap Compatible with Nikon D5000 D5100 D7000 D90 (Electronics)

Since I have put it on my camera, I haven't taken it off!

I have one of those monster external battery packs on my D90, another thing I never take off... I was concerned that it may not fit that, it worked just fine...

This little gem also helps me steady my tired old paws and makes my grip a bit more stable that it used to be. It gives me just a little bit of insurance so I don't drop it.

My only complaint is it is sort of a pain to use with a quick release plate for a tripod.

I would buy another one and I would definitely recommend it to a friend!

BP

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit D5100 nicely., December 10, 2011
I bought this product and tried to assemble it to my Nikon d5100, It doesn't fit well, it blocks the bottom of the screen, making it hard to flip the screen out. Even after successfully assembling it to my camera, It's hard to take a picture with it, you can't move your hands that much, can't even reach the buttons using my thumb. The cushion does not really sit well on your hands.

don't buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time, August 22, 2012
If you have a D5100 dont waste your time or money, this hand strap prevents the display from opening while the strap is on. Unfortunately, seller sees nothing wrong with this issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, January 15, 2012
David Gillespie (witness protection) - See all my reviews
I like a hand strap over a neck strap, and this one is well built. I am not a fan of the thick plastic plate that attaches to the bottom mount of the camera. I typically have a quick release on my camera bodies and this add a but of congestion in the area. If I want to keep a quick release, (and that's the point really)on my camera all the time, then this guy may not be the answer. I don't want to have both plates attached when on top of my tripod. It won't be stable. Might have to re-think how to use this guy, or look for a different attachment point. The strap is well built, but I am not sure it is well designed for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera grip strap, May 22, 2012
I love how this strap fits around my hand so I don't have a long neck strap hanging down... since I won't wear it around my neck. This is perfect for helping keep my camera safe while using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 3, 2012
Good pricing came when it was promised. Adjustable real leather, comfortable especially for long shoots.I moved my shoulder strap to one side so I can sling it when walking and use the had grip for stabilizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very functional bargain for a Nikon D7000., November 22, 2013
With this costing me under $4, I was sure this was going to be a waste of time and money. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is genuinely a bargain, fairly well made and a lot more handy than the standard neck strap. I put it on a Nikon D7000 and liked it so much that I bought a second one for a D200.

The strap screws to the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. The connection at this end is very secure. It is necessary to unscrew the strap to get access to the battery, but this operation is much less laborious than I expected. The top part of the strap passes through the eyelet on the side of the camera. I thought it might have a tendency to come loose or part company entirely with the eyelet, but after 2,000 shots and no problems, I have a lot more confidence in the strap.

In point of fact, this strap makes it much easier to move around in framing shots, since I can easily hold the camera securely with one hand. No more chest banging from trying to use a neck strap.

Construction is fairly sound. I had expected the stitching to be coming loose by now, but it hasn't. It also takes up minimal space. I can still get the D7000 into a Case Logic holster without difficulty. And of course, the strap has a certain cool factor, since people even more amateur than me look at the strap and conclude that I must know what I'm doing. All this, and for less than $4.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, August 17, 2013
The quality is fair, but you do get what you pay for. Although not bad in concept, the fit is not for all DSLR cameras. The strap is NOT compatible with the Nikon D5200. The consequence is having to pay for the return shipping! "Made in China" should've stayed in China!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good idea, November 27, 2012
I never use a neck strap on any of my cameras. This grip strap worked perfectly with my Nikon D600 and fits my hand perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting product but not very useful, January 30, 2013
The strap arrived in time and it was relatively easy to fix on my Nikon D3200. Things look and work as advertised. However, after using it for a day, I switched back to the Nikon strap that came with the camera. The basic problem is that it feels awkward to operate the camera when using the strap. I used similar straps like this with Sony video cameras, liked the idea and therefore wanted to try it out on a SLR camera. The basic problem is that the strap orientation is vertical whereas on the video cameras, it is horizontal and the interface is well thought of. With vertical orientation, it is awkward to use the buttons in front of the camera. To use it effectively, one has to loosen the grip and if we do that, the whole point of a strap is lost.

Others may still find this product useful but it is not for me. Of course, the product is cheap and therefore, inexpensive to try and discard if it does not work out.