Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 17, 2014
CAUTION: There are a lot of hand straps here on Amazon with the same design.

My wife picked this up for me for Father's day. This design does not fit my D5200. The plastic base prevents the viewer door from opening. The only way to make it work is to:

1) modify the product yourself by cutting off the "tab"
2) attach it loosely and awkwardly.

Neither solution is acceptable to me.
review image review image
66 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
I am what I consider a Semi-Pro photographer. I do it because I love it, once in a while I get a paying gig.

I bought this to get rid of the neck strap on my Nikon D90 for my shoots while I am away from the studio. Now I use it on my D90, even in the studio, like all the time!

Since I have put it on my camera, I haven't taken it off!

I have one of those monster external battery packs on my D90, another thing I never take off... I was concerned that it may not fit that, it worked just fine...

This little gem also helps me steady my tired old paws and makes my grip a bit more stable that it used to be. It gives me just a little bit of insurance so I don't drop it.

My only complaint is it is sort of a pain to use with a quick release plate for a tripod.

I would buy another one and I would definitely recommend it to a friend!

BP
on November 22, 2013
With this costing me under $4, I was sure this was going to be a waste of time and money. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is genuinely a bargain, fairly well made and a lot more handy than the standard neck strap. I put it on a Nikon D7000 and liked it so much that I bought a second one for a D200.

The strap screws to the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. The connection at this end is very secure. It is necessary to unscrew the strap to get access to the battery, but this operation is much less laborious than I expected. The top part of the strap passes through the eyelet on the side of the camera. I thought it might have a tendency to come loose or part company entirely with the eyelet, but after 2,000 shots and no problems, I have a lot more confidence in the strap.

In point of fact, this strap makes it much easier to move around in framing shots, since I can easily hold the camera securely with one hand. No more chest banging from trying to use a neck strap.

Construction is fairly sound. I had expected the stitching to be coming loose by now, but it hasn't. It also takes up minimal space. I can still get the D7000 into a Case Logic holster without difficulty. And of course, the strap has a certain cool factor, since people even more amateur than me look at the strap and conclude that I must know what I'm doing. All this, and for less than $4.
on January 15, 2012
I like a hand strap over a neck strap, and this one is well built. I am not a fan of the thick plastic plate that attaches to the bottom mount of the camera. I typically have a quick release on my camera bodies and this add a but of congestion in the area. If I want to keep a quick release, (and that's the point really)on my camera all the time, then this guy may not be the answer. I don't want to have both plates attached when on top of my tripod. It won't be stable. Might have to re-think how to use this guy, or look for a different attachment point. The strap is well built, but I am not sure it is well designed for my needs.
on May 3, 2012
Good pricing came when it was promised. Adjustable real leather, comfortable especially for long shoots.I moved my shoulder strap to one side so I can sling it when walking and use the had grip for stabilizing.
on December 10, 2011
I bought this product and tried to assemble it to my Nikon d5100, It doesn't fit well, it blocks the bottom of the screen, making it hard to flip the screen out. Even after successfully assembling it to my camera, It's hard to take a picture with it, you can't move your hands that much, can't even reach the buttons using my thumb. The cushion does not really sit well on your hands.

don't buy this.
1010 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
If you have a D5100 dont waste your time or money, this hand strap prevents the display from opening while the strap is on. Unfortunately, seller sees nothing wrong with this issue.
on May 22, 2012
I love how this strap fits around my hand so I don't have a long neck strap hanging down... since I won't wear it around my neck. This is perfect for helping keep my camera safe while using it.
on May 1, 2015
This hand strap technically does fit my Nikon D5300, but when it is attached you cannot open the LCD screen. The base of the strap has a plastic flap that comes up and blocks the screen from opening. The flap tightens really hard against the screen itself when I have it flipped so the LCD is facing outward and I'm really afraid that the flap is going to scratch the glass. This right here is a deal breaker for me.
Also, as a girl with slender hands, even when the strap is tightened all the way it is still very loose and my hand easily slips out.
This hand strap may work with other camera models, but I do not recommend it for the Nikon D5300. I also do not recommend it for anyone with slender hands.
review image review image
on July 19, 2015
Bought this strap for my Nikon D5200 knowing that the tab would restrict the LCD screen from opening. Got a razor knife and cut the tab off in 2 minutes. Very easy fix for a high quality strap. Haw recommended it to friends with d3200 and they did the same thing I did. VERY SIMPLE FIX.
review image review image review image review image review image