Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Insten Leather Hand Grip Strap Compatible with Nikon D5000 D5100 D7000 D90
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 3, 2012
At these bargain prices I did not expect this to be so nicely made. It screwed to the base of the camera and allowed me to screw a tripod quich-release onto it (you could just as easily attach a tripod to the base).

What was useful is the opening in the pad through which the strap passes, offers a snug harbor for storing an infra-red shutter release. I always misplace these and, with it attached to the camera hand grip, it's right there when I need it.
on November 27, 2012
I never use a neck strap on any of my cameras. This grip strap worked perfectly with my Nikon D600 and fits my hand perfectly.
on September 18, 2013
For the price, this was an outstanding value. Fits perfectly on my Nikon D5200 and I feel much more secure holding the camera at outlandish angles. However, I have noticed that the strap adjustment moves on its own quite a lot. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely a noteworthy mention.
on October 22, 2012
The eForCity Leather Hand Grip Strap, for Nikon D90 is as it was described, It functions well, is well made and thought out. It provide a comfortable grip and still allows for the attachment of my neck strap. There are two small downsides to this grip. The bolt that attaches the strap to the camera is round and has little bearing surface on its bottom requiring it to be removed before I can mount the camera on to my tripod. The second minor short coming is that the bracket for the grip is just long enough to prevent me from accessing my battery compartment. I am enjoying the Grip, and would recommend it to any of my friends.
on May 12, 2013
I actually got this for the Nikon D5200 and thought that it wouldn't be that different, but it still worked and it wasn't in the way of the rotating screen, and I especially like the grip for my hand.
on March 14, 2015
The strap isn't at the right angle for comfort on my D3100, because the mount makes the strap fit straight up-and-down (just like shown in the sales-picture) on my hand. That position works okay if you want to take a "vertical" portrait with your right-hand above your head (versus typical "horizontal" landscape). But, for a landscape-shot, as you bring the camera up to your eye, the bottom of the palm of your hand needs to drop-down and roll-forward (toward the lens) to hold/operate the camera properly. It's unfortunate the bottom-holder for the strap doesn't come out the front of the camera, and you can't really swing the mount forward to make that happen.

Right idea, but wrong execution.
on January 5, 2015
Nice quality hand grip, easily adjustable to your hands. I however find it a bit awkward to use as my camera's (Nikon P510 & Nikon D5200) as they have a nice size hand grip with controls located on the top of the grip as well as on the backside (towards your face) of the grip. When this grip is attached to my D5200 it is very difficult to move my hand/fingers as needed to operate my camera. I am keeping it on my P510 for now to see how it feels after using for a bit. Giving this a 4 due to the awkwardness this grip gives me when using, you make experience something different if you have a different model camera. .
on July 7, 2014
If you never shoot portrait then this would be pretty handy (get it?) If you turn your camera portrait even a couple times you will instantly hate it (if you have a battery grip). The good news is you can use it with a battery grip. The bad news is it gets in your way every single time when trying to use the grip as intended. I do not like rotating my whole hand, too many years in front of a computer. My wrist cannot handle the weight of the camera hanging from it anymore :(

If you have a strong wrist and don't have a grip I think it would be more suited for you. For the price of it, it's almost worth trying it anyway and seeing if you like it or not. It does actually work like it's supposed to and if you don't like it's your not out a lot of coin. Could be a nice birthday present in that situation.
on January 30, 2013
The strap arrived in time and it was relatively easy to fix on my Nikon D3200. Things look and work as advertised. However, after using it for a day, I switched back to the Nikon strap that came with the camera. The basic problem is that it feels awkward to operate the camera when using the strap. I used similar straps like this with Sony video cameras, liked the idea and therefore wanted to try it out on a SLR camera. The basic problem is that the strap orientation is vertical whereas on the video cameras, it is horizontal and the interface is well thought of. With vertical orientation, it is awkward to use the buttons in front of the camera. To use it effectively, one has to loosen the grip and if we do that, the whole point of a strap is lost.

Others may still find this product useful but it is not for me. Of course, the product is cheap and therefore, inexpensive to try and discard if it does not work out.
on January 19, 2013
Obviously, it's not leather. If it was it would be expensive. I was fine with that, but I usually keep a neck strap on my camera and you can't use the hand strap at the same time unless you basically tie them to each other. But it's an okay product. Took 20+ days to arrive so I probably won't buy anything from this seller again