5.0 out of 5 stars No need to Root the Nexus 7
This OTG cable works awesome in my Nexus 7. I've connected a USB keyboard, USB mouse, a 8gig Flash drive, and my PS2 controller. All worked. (PS2 controller through USB adapter, unfortunately the right joystick is mapped backwards)I also plugged all of these things in via a USB hub, and all the listed items worked at the same time.

You DO NOT need to root, just...
Published 21 months ago by S. Dickens

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
I haven't found a use for it. I wanted to connect aflash drive to a Nexus 7 tablet, but it doesn't work. I noticed that when you do plug in a flash drive and try to unplug it the mold around the female usb connection is too soft and comes loose from the metal parts.
Published 15 months ago by Daniel Rivas

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to Root the Nexus 7, October 4, 2012
This review is from: eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter Compatible with Google Nexus 7 (Electronics)

You DO NOT need to root, just install Nexus Media Importer from the Google Play Store. I payed 2.99 for it with the $25 from Google.

I wont root my nexus because it voids the warranty, this method has worked awesome for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised on Nexus 7 with help from app, October 4, 2012
I purchased this cable in the hopes that I would be able to transfer files from my cameras memory card to a Nexus 7 tablet. When I first hooked up the OTG cable, memory card, and reader to the Nexus the card did not seem to be recognized by the Nexus 7. I did a little research and found a $2.99 app called Nexus Media Importer. Once I loaded this app the system immediately saw the card and I was able to move files to the Nexus 7. The Nexus Media Importer made selecting multiple files and copying them to the Nexus 7 a breeze. I then used the free apps Flickr Explorer and File Manager HD to select and upload the files to my Flickr account. After doing it a couple of times the routine became a breeze. Now, any time I plug the OTG cable, card reader, and card into the Nexus 7 the Nexus Media Importer app automatically open up. Very cool! Now I'm considering buying an Eye-Fi wireless memory card so I can bypass having to use the OTG . Maybe this cable can be used without the Nexus Media Importer app but I was not able to figure out a way. I'm very happy that this is working. I plan to travel with the Nexus 7 and this will enable me to upload files to my Flickr account any time I have a Wi-Fi connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB OTG for nexus 10, December 28, 2012
Since the Nexus 10 does not come with an SD card slot I bought this piece to use with any USB drive for expandable storage. It works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works. That's it., December 21, 2012
I bought another one of these from a shadier source, and it was dead on arrival. With this one, I can plug in my keyboard, mouse, and (most importantly) Xbox controller into my Nexus 7 and use them with no hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done, indeed., December 7, 2012
I bought this to use with my nexus seven and it works just as advertised. I received prompt shipping and a quality piece. One nice thing I didn't realize when I bought the cable is that I didn't have to root my tablet in order to use it with a USB. I just downloaded Nexus Media Importer and it worked. Sorry, I realize this has nothing to do with the product, but it just made me all the more happy. This is a decent quality piece, not stellar quality, but then nor am I paying for stellar quality. It just gets the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars really cool cable, October 17, 2012
Josh (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
I really like this OTG cable. I use it for my Asus Nexus 7 tablet by Google. You can have infinite memory when connecting your USB Flash Drive. You can also connect a keyboard and mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, December 18, 2012
I bought this cable so I could "add" storage to my Nexus7 tablet. I didn't realize the cable would be "stiff" which is a nice added benefit. It works perfectly and does what I need and the price was right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro USB OTG for Nexus 7, November 24, 2012
Rich from Atlanta (Lawrenceville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
With this adapter, viewing files and pictures from a USB memory stick is a snap. No need to root your Nexus 7; Nexus Media Importer app works seamlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with Nexus 7, November 1, 2012
JJGaucho (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I use this chord with my Nexus 7 tablet mainly to plug in a usb flash drive, but I can confirm that it will also work with a PS3 sixaxis controller. I leave it plugged into my Nexus 7 (rooted) with the stickmount app active. Buy this - it's from a trusted supplier at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with my Nexus 7, October 26, 2012
This cable works just fine with my Nexus 7, does exactly what I want it to do.
I ordered one from another place that didn't work although they claimed it would, this one will.

Rate and Discover Movies