Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Insten® Reusable Screen Protector Compatible with Nikon D5100
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2011
It's about 1 to 2 millimeters too small in both dimensions. When I applied it, I aligned to the top of my screen, so now the bottom 2 mm of my screen is not protected. You should try to align it 2-3 mm from the top of the screen.
on March 17, 2012
I purchased this in the hopes that it would keep smudges off the screen when shooting through the eyepiece. There were some good and bad reviews of this product and thought I would take a chance. I have applied screen protectors on iPhones and iPads and know the process. Things started out good with a clean screen and no debris at all. However even with their supplied scraper or a credit card I could not remove all of the bubbles from under the protector. Even though they say it can be reapplied, it can't. It will never stick corectly again. One of the corners will no longer stay adhered and is bent upwards making it very easy for the cover to come off or let debris in. I do not recommend buying this protector. What is even more annoying is that shipping cost more than the protector itself. Don't Buy!
on July 12, 2012
I was not really gonna do a review on this product. I received an e-mail from the seller wanted to know why I gave them a low rating (if it were the service or the product). Just what was wrong. So here is what I replied.

I tried to supply you with the information of why I was less that satisfied with the product when I did the seller review. However, I got a response indicating too many characters used. I guess you are only allowed to say that "you're wonderful" and that's all we wants to hear.

Well, you asked so this is why the low rating. It was not service related but product related. The advertisement for this product showed a picture of the protective cover. This cover went on cleanly and the picture shows no obstruction to the screen. The cover did go on smoothly but there were two tabs on the product. One you assisted in peeling the covering back so you can apply the protector to the screen. The second tab was to assist you in removing the protector if so desired/(re- usable). Again, the image of this product did not show this tab and the screen was not obstructed in anyway. I did not want/like or find this tab un-obtrusive. I thought maybe it would easily peel off. Giving me the result I wanted. It did not peel off easily and the action of removing it damaged the protective cover (so now its garbage). What the advertisement image showed me was not what I got. If you showed me that I had to keep this tab hanging off my camera, I would never have bought it. It's was kinda like the price tag on Mini Pearl's hat.

Egg on my face... Today I was looking at my D5100 screen... and noticed there was a screen protector in place.... That tab I was complaining about must have pulled off the cover sheet to the screen protector and was not attached to the actual protector.. It was so clear I did not even notice it there. I great buy.. I feel really bad about the bad rap I gave this initialy. Sorry :(
on June 12, 2012
The plastic sheet fit my Nikon D5100 like magic. It disappeared as soon as I squeegeed a couple of bubbles with a credit card. Very cool.
I DO have one complaint. There were two small pieces of tape on the protector to aid in installing it without touching the protector. One said Remove First and the other said Remove Second. The problem is that the Remove Second tape, though I tried to remove it VERY carefully, left adhesive on the screen protector. I had to use Goof Off to remove it then use a damp towel to very carefully remove the Goof Off residue. Took quite a while to get it clean but once I did the protector was invisible.
Since the postage cost more than the item it would be nice if they'd sell it in packs of three or four.
on February 13, 2012
This is a must-have item. Great fit, easy to apply and functions better than advertised. If I could, I'd give it six stars. Once on the camera. It seems to disappear, just like it should. Buy one, you won't have any regrets
on May 6, 2012
Works fine for what it is intended to do. I could not get all the bubbles out after applying, and I think the price is double what it should be, but what are you going to do?

Probably more profit margin on this than on my camera.
on November 8, 2011
The screen protector fits perfectly on my D5100. It was easy to put on and you can't even tell its there.
on April 7, 2012
I really liked this product, however once you take it off and try to reuse it I could not get it clean again (at least on the side that sticks to the camera). Really good product but threw away after use. It was worth what I paid.
on December 27, 2012
I received the screen and placed it on the camera, which was an easy process. HOwever the screen did not properly fit the screen....it was too big. So I had to cut it to the size which is something that never works out exactly as you want. It is on the camera, but not the way it sould fit.
However, the company that sold me the screen protector became aware and instantly gave me a full refund on the purchase.
I would have to rate their response and refund as an excellent gesture and would certainly buy from them again in the future in view of their response and the timely manner. They may not have been aware of the screen not properly fitting, but I am sure they will give feedback on this to the manufacturer.
on January 31, 2013
I purchased this screen protector for my D5100 to (obviously) protect the screen from scratches and dirt. The clarity of the protector was surprisingly good! I put the screen protector on when it arrived, and later forgot that it was even there. There is no "orange-peel" effect or tackiness to the protector. When installing however, remember to wipe the screen clean with a microfiber or lintless cloth. I have one piece of dust trapped under one of the corners of the screen protector. It's not in the way of anything, so I decided to just leave it there. I was also leery about whether or not the screen would fold closed due the fact that there would now be a protrusion on the screen. I found that there is, in fact, no problem closing or opening the screen.

Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.