Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Firstly, this is not an amplifier. There are not batteries, amplification circuitry, or, (for that matter) speakers.

What this is, is a cleverly designed megaphone and iPhone stand. It takes the sound produced by your iPhone speakers and focuses is like a... megaphone. The result is decent quality, room filling sound.

The "device" is light and flexible, yet rigid enough to securely support my phone. I toss it in my suitcase without worrying about it being broken. There are no batteries or cables to worry about. And, for the price it can be replaced easily if I should misplace it.

This has become a staple in my carry-on (usually all I take when I travel) since it provides a lot of functionality with almost no additional bulk or bother.

[...]
22 comments54 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2012
Very simple - this item works as it is intended. While in the holder my phone can be positioned horizontally and vertically with no problems. Also I played music on my iphone before and after putting it in the holder and the sound is much richer while in the holder. The item is made of a soft rubber material and the phone goes in and out without difficulty.
0Comment35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2013
Nice basic product, it does project sound louder than the iphone alone however, it does not project base very well, that may be because the iphone doesnt. Wont fit if you have a cover on your phone.
11 comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
Originally I bought this just to have something to increase the volume on my iPhone while listening to music at my desk. It was only a dollar, so if it wasn't to my liking, I would not be out any money. To my surprise, this rubber amp works very well and I have to turn down the volume at my desk when doing homework.
Great product, you get more for what you pay for.
0Comment17 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
I bought this and used it a few times...I found if you just put your phone in a bowl it actually works better. I gave it 3 stars because it did help some.
on June 29, 2012
Easy to use, durable, cheap and effective :) could be a little louder but for the price it can't be beat
on May 16, 2014
My name is Keen and I am a gadget addict. Sometimes I buy something and wonder what I was thinking. Not so with this little wonder. I am also an iPhone addict, despite it's abysmal speakers. This is the perfect fix for when I can't plug it into the car speakers or a headset and I want a group to hear something. It about doubles the audio output of the iPhone 4. It's not electric or electronic. It's a horn, likewhat Great-great-grandpa Ivan held up to his ear so he could hear you and you didn't have to shout so much. It's rubbery, and a little soft, so it won't hurt your phone. You can stand your iPhone vertically if you're careful not to bump it, but horizontal is best. It's small and soft enough I can throw it in my purse or computer bag and I take it everywhere.
on August 29, 2012
Loved this little horn. Used it when traveling and streaming news into my hotel room. Also used it at the pool to listen to some background music. Also used it streaming an Olympic soccer game to hear the commentary. It really made a difference in the volume of the sound

Please do not expect the sound you would get from my 100 lbs Kplich speakers with a subwoofer. Come on what do you expect for $3.00? This is a great product and met my very specific needs
on May 18, 2013
Honestly I think it was my fault for thinking this would of been a hit item that it would give out great noise and so forth when in fact it was a piece of cheap plastic. It not only looks like a piece of cheap plastic but the sound that it gives off I can say is times one greater than what my iPhone gives off. Then again for three bucks I can't complain should of known.
on May 21, 2013
Perfect condition.
Easy installation
Compact and small.
the price is perfect and reasonable for what you get.
The quality of sound increase about 40% maybe 30%, don't expect a 100% increase, it's only a small booster, and you cant install your iphone if you have a bumper or a cover.