2,060 Reviews
 (1,108)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised and clever design
First off, this is NOT a voltage converter so if you have 110V appliances, make sure the power plugs for those are universal (i.e., accept 110-240V) before using them with this overseas. Also, the pics on Amazon sort of make it seem like you get three adapters, but they are really just different modes of the same adapter -you only get one adapter.

I like that...
Published on September 8, 2008 by ken in the city

3.0 out of 5 stars Used in Hong Kong / China
Published on October 31, 2009 by Adam L. Gunder

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised and clever design, September 8, 2008

I like that this adapter is compact and lightweight and it comes in a small cloth carrying case. This was important to me because I didn't want anything too bulky or heavy. And unlike other adapters you don't have to carry around all these other plug extensions (i.e., one for each plug type). You can flip a switch on either side and either a UK, Europe, Asia, or US plug will surface. You can then flip or press the other plugs back into the device so that only one plug type is sticking out (just like in the pictures). I used this in Europe with no problems - as you can see, the Europe plug juts out more than the other modes. This is very important since many outlets in Europe are inset, and without that extra length on the plug, the adapter would not reach the outlet.

Also, this adapter is universal on both sides. So you can plug virtually any type of plug into it as well. All in all, a great product and a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is all you need on devices rated for 110-240V AC, July 5, 2009
This is all you need for any one device to the extent that it is rated for universal voltage of 100-240V AC.

Most existing laptops and other electronics are this way these days but some older devices may come with a 110/240V switch so make sure that you check before you plug your device into the foreign outlet, especially if you do it into the outlet of 'higher' voltage.

On this adapter's features:

- Works as a plug converter on both sides, meaning that you can plug in either a US, Euro or South American device on one end and the outlet you plug it into can be either of the above.
- Supports both 2-prong and 3-prong US plugs.
- It is NOT a voltage converter. If your device is not rated for 240V chances are it WILL be destroyed so be careful.
- Amazingly, for the price, it even offers some surge protection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Used in Hong Kong / China, October 31, 2009
Adam L. Gunder (Minneaoplis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this converter to use with my laptop and cell phone / video camera charging. The converter itself is easy to use. It worked very well in Hong Kong because they use British style plugs. China uses the Australian type plugs. When using these plugs there is no third plug. Some circuits at upscale hotels will only work if 3 prongs are used, not just 2. When two prongs are used either in the Australian plug or the European plug, the connection is very flimsy and falls out of the socket easily. I did not have to use this much in China as the hotel I was staying at (a Mariott hotel) had several options on the wall plate that allowed me to use American plugs.

Regaring power transformers: Most of Asia uses 220 - 240 Volt circuits. If all you are using are laptops and cell phone / camera charging cords, most of those will tolerate up to 240 volts. Just check the sqaure/rectangular box attached to the cord to see how much voltage it will take. If you are using hair dryer / curling iron / electric razor / etc., you will need a power transformer as these appliances typically will not take voltage over 110 (used in America for most things).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for Good Work, November 16, 2009
This review is from: eForCity Universal World Wide Travel Charger Adapter Plug, White (Electronics)
I just got back from 10 days in France and Italy. Of the three of us on the trip, mine was the only adapter to work. It did a great job on plugs for the iPhone, hair dryer, flat iron, camera batteries and that was all we took with us.

What a lot of people don't realize is most of your modern stuff does not need a converter (plus this adapter). So we just used the adapter and all our stuff was rated for both US and EU use. Look on your equipment for 100 or 110V-240V, 50-60Hertz, if it says this it will work in the US and Europe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work in most EU countries due to loose coupling, July 31, 2010
I tried to use this all-in-one adapter on my recent trip to multiple cities in Europe. But, the coupling (connection) was loose in every socket, and hence I spent a lot of time trying to get this adapter to fit. Hence, I'd recommend against buying this adapter.

Luckily, I had also bought dedicated adapters for each country, and those worked extremely well. Here is the list for anyone who intends to travel to Europe.
x Lewis N. Clark Grounded Italy Adapter Plug - Italy only
x Power Bright PB-12 US to UK 3-Prong Travel Outlet Plug Adapter - UK only
x Grounded Adapter - CE Certified - USA to Europe - Heavy Duty Adapter - Most places in Europe

And, a power strip to connect multiple US style outlets
x Monster MP OTG400 BK Outlets To Go 4 Outlet Travel Power Strip (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Clever design but poor quality manufacturing, January 22, 2009
I purchased five of this item to use while overseas. The design idea is brilliant. One adapter plugs into anything and allows anything to plug into it. Flip a switch on one end and out pops a two prong standard American 110 plug; manually lift a two prong European style 220 plug, or flip a switch on the other end, and out pop three plugs for a UK designed 220 volt outlet. The front also receives all three style plugs. The problem is, one of the three UK plugs, the ground, is plastic (so there is no ground) and it swivels so it does not hold the unit tightly to the wall outlet. All three plugs seem slightly smaller than the standard size. I had to tape mine to the wall to keep it plugged in in every outlet I have tried. Mind you, I said I bought five. All five have the same design, all five have the same flaw. None will stay plugged into the wall using the UK plug after you plug something else into the front of the adapter. The price is ridiculously low for a product of this nature. I thought I found a bargain. Beware! There is a reason for the low price! Poor quality!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit most European plugs, July 15, 2009
I can't claim to have personally tried every single outlet in Europe, but I can tell you that the majority of European plugs are recessed: that is, the actual socket into which the plug prongs go is set into a little round hole about half an inch deep. This adapter does not fit into that recess, and is therefore useless. I found this out the hard way in both Holland and the Czech Republic, and great was the wailing and lamentation on both occasions.

You can use this with an extender built for the purpose (see the Simran Plug Adapter on this site for an example), but if you're doing that, why not just get an adapter that fits in the first place?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 17, 2008
I didnt think I could get excited about an adaptor but this one is really neat. When I bought it I thought it only converted US plug to the rest of the worlds sockets with neat little flip out pins.

But it actually takes any worldwide plug and converts it to any socket in the world how cool is that !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, August 10, 2009
DrDre (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have had many an adapter. This is my first all-in-one. It performed flawlessly in the UK and Portugal, and should work everywhere. The great thing about it is that it also has reverse compatibility so that for example, a house guest from Europe could use this in your house in the US. Brilliant device!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, and a great price!, January 10, 2009
Works great! This is basically the "knock-off" version of the more expensive items that seem to have the same configuration, but this one is 1/4 the price. It looks and feels a little cheap compared to more expensive ones but I found that it works just fine.

I love the fact that there's no pieces to lose; I've tried the adapters with all the little funny pieces that you plug together in different configurations depending on where you travel - but I end up losing half the pieces after, like, 35 seconds. All-in-one is the only way to go!

Works fine for me when I travel to Europe, or when I use Europe electronics in the U.S. I've even used it in the U.S. just to adapt a 3-prong appliance to a 2-prong plug.

Throw 2 or 3 of these in your notebook bag whenever you travel (even within the US!), they're cheap, work great, and you'll be glad you did!

Of course, you do need to understand the different between an "adapter" and a "converter". This little guy will not convert voltage, so be sure whatever you plug into this can handle whatever voltage you connect it to, or you'll probably destroy whatever your trying to plug in.