5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LIGHT!!!
Published on June 18, 2012 by JLP

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent customer service but poor quality control
Published 17 months ago by Luis

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LIGHT!!!, June 18, 2012
This review is from: eLEDing Pure Digital Solar Powered Motion Activated LED Security Flood Lights (Tools & Home Improvement)
We were looking for a bright solar light for our back yard. There are so many solar lights out their but this one is by far the brightest and the best one to fit our needs. This light gives you two options.... you can either have it come on with motion only (super bright) or the option we wanted.... which was to stay on all night and then get brighter when motion is detected.

It's great if you have pets and are worried about other animals that may enter your yard.... or just for the motion detection as a safety feature. You can also adjust the time at which it stays on for motion detection and the sensitivity to motion.

For us this light will stay on and illuminate brightly ALL NIGHT, and will detect motion on super bright mode ALL NIGHT, very very well!!

It's a great buy!!!

We ended up buying 2 of them!!!
The company that sells them is also wonderful to talk to about and questions!! Thank You!

5.0 out of 5 stars eLEDing Solar security light, March 5, 2013
Terry Nagy (Rowlett, TX USA) - See all my reviews
First the negatives, and there are only a couple and these could be on Amazon. I'm unclear who writes the features for Amazon's products, but in this case, the Amazon specifications were different than the actual packaging, so this is the only negative I have. Amazon says 40+ hours of continuous light, when the packaging says upto 30. Amazon also says 400 LM, when the packaging says 200 LM. Now granted I bought this based on the specs from Amazon, and was a bit unhappy when I read the packaging specs, but after having this device for 5 days now, I have to say I'm extremely impressed.

The PRO's: First it is absolutely true, this is a dusk to dawn lighting system, and granted, the continuous lighting is 1/2 power, but even at 1/2 power, the area it lights up is really impressive and at full power, well even better!

The Battery: I was shocked to see the size of this battery compared to other solar powered security lights I have (Sun Force). The battery is (approx.) 2.5"x 2"x1/4" and it handles the dusk to dawn action with power to spare. The Sun Force never came close to this type of performance even in just motion activation mode.

The LED Panel: 36 LED's in half power mode is very impressive and provides light good enough to see the lit area from 75 feet away, and at full power, well what can I say, you can see more!

The Setup: The unit comes with all the hardware you will need for mounting on wood or even brick, and it's a no brainner on what goes where. But for those who need instructions, they are very good too. The LED panel adjusts to any position without effort, and holds that position even in the high winds that Dallas just had sustained 35, gusts up to 60 MPH! The solar panel did move slightly from the preset position, but not much.

The Customer Service: The unit allows for 10 minutes of setup time, which I blasted through in 2 minutes. But on max sensitivity settings, the lights stayed on for over 36 minutes in full daylight, I called Customer Support, and they indicated that there might be an issue with the max sensitivity setting for the motion detector and if I wanted a new unit they would send one out to me first and then I could return the other unit with the paid shipping slip. They also walked me through some sensitivity settings and the light did go out and has been working like a champ from that time forward. I asked if I could wait a week to test it out to see if it was going to perform the way it was set, and the answer was no problem.

Overall: Best solar powered security lighting system I've ever had. I'll be getting a few more of these for around the house, and I'll be saying bye bye to that Sun Force solar powered failure of a security light.

Damn Good Buy!

UPDATE: 3/10/13 We have had 3 days in a row of either completely overcast skies, or rain, and every single night it still performs the dusk to dawn performance. This product exceeds my expectations for durability, battery endurance, charging, and performance.

UPDATE: 6/21/13 Well this baby has been going strong this entire time! Honestly one of the most impressive solar powered lights ever, so much so, that several neighbors have asked me about it and where I got it. I'm only too happy to recommend a great product like this. There aren't too many companies out there that impress me, but Eleding is one of them! About to order 2 of the 80 LED version.

UPDATE: 1/28/14 Well as you can tell from my write up of the 80 LED version of the lights, I wasn't as impressed with them. EELEDING was kind enough to swap out the 80's for 36's, and now I have 4 of the 36 LED light around the house. All of them working like a champ! I'm looking forward to trying out their new Spotlight with the larger solar panel!

4.0 out of 5 stars works great, July 23, 2012
This light works well. Its no replacement for a traditional 90 watt motion sensing floodlight. More like a 40 watt equivalent. Good points: Two modes - standard motion sensing to "full on" or a 50% on all the time to full on. The 50% setting does stay illuminated all night. The plastic housing is reasonably robust. The mounting bracket is easy to install. They give plenty of cable between the unit and the solar panel. Bad points: The frequency of the light emitted by this unit does not work that well with the new wireless security cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome solar light and EZ to install !, May 17, 2012
I purchased this item not really knowing how bright it would be, just hoping bright enough. This light exceeded all my expectations and then some. I put up this light to supplement our driveway lighting needs, and this was a good deal. This light is more than bright enough for most needs and the power is FREE. The solar panel had some minor problems and the company sent out a new panel after I explained the trouble. One of the things I really like is the EZ installation and not hiring additional people to do the work.
I am thinking about getting an additional light for my mother-in-laws house next.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Year and 2 months of use review, January 1, 2012
I bought 5 of these Solar lamps. Right now only 3 of the 5 are working. I found out the problem with the other two was that the batteries died. So I went to the manufacturer website and bought two batteries for approximately $35 dollar. After 1 year and 4 months using them I have no complaint except of course the battery problem I had. They are still shining bright and working just like the first day I installed them. These solar lamps are a little expensive but its a good investment at a long term. Whenever You have a problem with these solar lamps always check if the batteries are working. If you a battery just go to the manufacturer website and buy the batteries its better than buying a new solar lamp. I think each battery is $15. As part of the maintenance remember to clean the solar panel at least once a month in order to get the maximum efficiency.

Update 2/19/2014
After I replaced two of the lamps batteries y encountered another problem and it was due to the solar panels. I live in the tropics so it Rains like once a week. The solar panel is not designed to drain the water completely out of the surface of the panel even with an inclination. In consequence the water gets inside the panel an damages the panel.The sealant used to seal the panel is not good enough to keep the water out. Thats why I bought three more panels. I still recomend these solar lamps, but remember if you live in a place that rains a lot, make sure to add more sealant to the edges of the panel or incline the panel more than suggested(may become less efficent depending on where you are located) so the water drains out of the panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Light. Great Price., June 25, 2012
This eLEDing Pure Digital Solar Powered Motion Activated LED Security Flood Light is a great light. The selective sensitivity and the range of the motion sensor is adequate. The brightness of the light is great. And the duality purpose is perfect. This is the third of of these that I have at the house. The first one, was a generation before this one, and I like the previous generation just a bit better because it uses rechargeable AA batteries. This one, the second generation, uses a rechargeable battery pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent customer service but poor quality control, May 17, 2013
Luis (MIAMI, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
This company service is EXCELLENT they supplied all the help I needed and sent me another lamp since the one I bought was not working. The person who supported me was BrianShen from eLEDing(thanks Brian). Regarding to the lamp I can say that it is a good lamp but I have my doubts about the quality control of the company because 2 out of 3 lamps I have bought have turned out to be defective. The first one didn't work ( which was replaced by the company). The head of the second lamp, didn't turn around. It was impossible to turn even if I aplly all my force. I decided not to contact the company and try to fix it myself So I had to unscrew it to open it and solve the problem from inside. When I finally could make it turn, I realized that the blue seal was set up upside down so it didn't fit properly and went out when I made the head spin. I had to invest about two hours to fix it. ELEDING make a better check of the lamps before you send them. I really like the lamp but please solve this problem so I can buy more

4.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed Light. in use for 6 months, August 17, 2012
Well constructed and good material. Bough one for my parents who have frequent power problems. In use for over 6 months with no problems with battery charging, or light. Sensor works perfectly and charge holds for long time. The light snaps on to the plate that attaches to the wall. I haven't seen any problems with it, but I suspect it can go bad if snapped on and off repeatedly and can use some improvement. No immediate issues.

The light works very good if there is no little, light around. But over all its definitely less than a 40 watts light.

Overall a good product and I am happy with this. Looking at other products available, I expected the price to go down to $30 -$40. Will buy multiple items, but $50 tag will hod me back for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 1, 2012
This is a very good outdoor Solar Motion LED light. It has a Lithium battery which would have longer run time if you need to turn on the light continuously. The installation is very easy. There are eight screws to drill and one switch to turn (AUTO or ON). The LED is very bright. The product looks like it would work for few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, August 5, 2012
update - june 2013: I'm a dork. The solar panel flipped upside down in the wind on the roof. as soon as i was able to access the property and flip the panel, this has started working flawlessly again. sorry for any confusion!

---------------------

update - may 2013: the light has stopped working entirely. i haven't tried troubleshooting yet. will update this after doing that. *no longer working!!*
downgraded to 1* until i am able to "troubleshoot" product.

---------------------

It must be obvious by now that you get what you pay for and this product delivers.

Have only had it running for two days and mounted it today.

Works reasonably well, haven't tested ON-all-night mode yet. Oddly, during the day (slightly cloudy) it would turn on when i walked by. Weird. (Update, next day: doesn't happen anymore.)

In general, very happy with it.

Tip: if you have a crappy flat tar/gravel roof and don't want to drill into the trim board running along the top edge of your house, simply attach the light to the end of a long board weighing at least 7-8# and place the board on the roof. You don't even need to attach the panel to anything when you have a flat roof, and you can test out different placements quickly and easily with this setup.