|Screen Size||7 inches|
|Screen Resolution||800 x 480|
|Max Screen Resolution||800 x 480 pixels|
|Processor||1.2 GHz TEGRA 250|
|RAM||512 MB DDR2|
|Memory Speed||667 MHz|
|Hard Drive||8 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
eLocity A7 Touchscreen 7-Inch Android 2.2 Tablet (Black)
- 7-inch touchscreen tablet with Android 2.2 operating system
- 512 MB DDR2 RAM; NVIDIA Tegra II T20, 1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
- 4GB high speed internal Flash memory; 1.3MP camera
- 802.11b/g wireless; Bluetooth; 1080p HDMI output; USB 2.0 port
- 8.2 x 4.8 x 0.5; 1.02 lbs; 12-month warranty
Amazon Appstore for Android
Explore great deals, including a paid app for free every day. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In my few hours with it last night, I downloaded and installed several apps on it from GetJar, including Facebook and Kindle. I also downloaded several apps from my PC onto a thumb drive and installed them onto the tablet from that, which was very cool. I visited several websites that had flash banners and they worked flawlessly. I was also able to play embedded videos on sites including youtube.com and my facebook news stream.
- USB port - I plugged an 8GB flash drive in and installed apps from it.
- Micro SD slot - Haven't used it yet but plan to soon
- HDMI port - Haven't used this yet either but it's a great option
- Video looks great
- Very responsive when touching links or rotating display
- Browser is quick and displays flash
- Great price for the specs
- Lack of good, working apps. For the A7, you get your apps from GetJar, instead of the Android marketplace. Some apps refused to install for me, like Angry Birds. Others installed but clearly weren't made to work on this size tablet. There isn't a netflix or skype app available (I was hoping to use the webcam with skype).
- Pinch-to-zoom doesn't work particularly well. Seemed to always go way too far in or out. You're better off just double-tapping.
- Scrolling - scrolling by sliding my finger seems to cause a lot of unintended clicks along the way. I think there's just a bit of a learning curve, being used to my ipod touch. It seemed to happen less as the night went on.
- The fixed buttons aren't backlit so at first it's difficult to use in the dark.Read more ›
-Fast, fast, fast
-Screen res is great for the specs
-HDMI out is awesome
-USB and SD card media (Bite me Apple)
-rooted out of the box
- Jetflicks streaming on 7 inch screen!
-Flash player rocks (Bite me Apple)
-No Market (hopefully XDA developers will help with this)
-Wi-fi fails to wake from sleep (workaround available and patch coming 12-24-10)
-Nvidia drivers not up to date (patch coming 12-24-10)
-Not true multi-touch ( not an issue for me, I have no plans on making this into a gaming rig)
-Proprietary connector for dock (not a big issue since there is USB/SD card support)
-Menu buttons have no back lighting
Build quality is very sturdy - some have commented on its being plasticky - but it's a rubberized, non-slip plastic. Perfectly respectable.
We are certain that XDA will do Honeycomb in due course.
First off - we should say we are an Apple shop - iMacs, MacBook Airs, Minis and iPads - so when we say the a7 blows the iPad away on speed - we are not coming from an anti-Apple perspective. Quite the opposite. Example - loading cnn.com on the a7 fully rendered in about a half a second - the iPad 6 seconds.
1080p playback is super fast and very smooth.
Updated Review - 01/17
Just applied new firmware rev Version 2.0121 and then Version 2.0124.
Fixes all outstanding issues - improved pinch and zoom, better battery.
Awesome tablet - almost twice the Quadrant benchmark score of the Archos A70.
Elocity's firmware update fixed many issues including wifi, Angry Birds installation, and multi-touch pinch to zoom (although there is still room for improvement there).
XDA forum has made great strides with it as well including full Android Market access, Google apps including Gmail, Calendar, and Maps. Quadrant benchmarks are now up to 2400, which blows away any non-Tegra devices. I am loving this tablet more each day. The lack of backlit buttons is a little annoying when using in the dark, but I am memorizing their location. If you buy one, you really should visit the XDA thread to take full advantage of its' capabilities. [...]
I also posted a couple of videos of it on YouTube in case you are interested.
Is it the perfect tablet? No, but it has a lot going for it and if you want a tablet right now, it's a great choice that will be able to handle upcoming versions of Android.
As the developer community grows, this tablet is just going to keep getting better,too.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
In fairness, I think the product is exactly what is advertised, but ... I simply didn't like it. I ended up returning it in the end. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Roy Martin
This product can do basically anything an iPad can do at a fraction of the cost. I haven't had any issues with updates or it locking out. Definitely worth the money.Published on September 27, 2013 by R. Ratliff
This is what I ordered. But not what I received. So I can't review it. I had high hopes based on the previous reviews I read. Beware of ordering this item from amazon.comPublished on May 5, 2013 by DEH
I liked it very much! Everything I want in a tab, but I had to return it! It only worked when it was plugged into the wall. It would not charge.Published on November 18, 2012 by Amazon Customer
Bought this tablet from AMazon almost 2 yrs ago . At the time it was top dog in the 7inch tablet world,dual core, flash video,usb, and 32 gig mem. card. Read morePublished on October 26, 2012 by Boonyrat
The unit arrived in a timely manner. I had ordered it a month before my son's birthday, everything was as it stated from the seller including all items that shipped with it. Read morePublished on October 22, 2012 by FredSanchez
Makes a good sinker..... Service and suport what is that there is none. you buy this thing your stuck with it. No refund no credit to your account nothing.Published on September 16, 2012 by LJS1951
I got this tablet after extensive internet research and so far, it's been pretty great- way better than I expected AND so, so awesome for the price ($115 total, "new" open box,... Read morePublished on June 26, 2012 by CP
I bought my A7 earlier this year 2012 and I just love it. It may be a little thicker than the newer ones that are on the market but I got it for a much cheaper price and it has... Read morePublished on May 26, 2012 by Karen