Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ePhoto Video Studio Photography Lighting kit softbox light kit video lighting kit CASE H9004S
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 5, 2013
The truth is…for this price you are not going to get supper heavy duty stuff!!! But for the price and if you take your time and be very gentle with these…I think they can last a long time…especially if you just use them in a studio and don’t break them down. I did a lot of research and this brand may be the best of this kind of lights…and that the screws that hold the light unit onto the stands are made of metal components…most others are made of plastic. (Note: Do not over tighten these bolts…because I read that some people broke these part because of over tightening…just be very easy on these kinds of lights and you’ll be just fine…I did not have this problem…because I am very easy and patient with these lights! If you have a lot of money…go buy more heavy duty stuff!!! But if you’re like me and have a smaller budget and/or can take it easy on these lights then buy these. In my research and my opinion this brand may be the best for this type of lighting!!!

I did have a problem…I had two lights bulbs broken when I got it from UPS…but I tell you if you have this problem…don’t send it back…get the number to Amazon from the internet and call them and see what they can do for you!!! Let me tell you this much…I am very very pleased what they did for me!!! Go Amazon!!!
on January 16, 2013
At first I was a slightly wary because of the marked down price. Not sure what to expect, but I was in need of lights for a green screen. These softbox lights were quite easy to assemble, didn't take much longer than 15 minutes to get both lights working from the box. I haven't tried to take them apart for travel so I have no experience with storage. However they do come with the aforementioned carrying case which appears to be decent quality. The light casted is soft and fairly even; definitely satisfied with the purchase.
on February 25, 2013
This is a very nice product for the price and will serve my needs just fine, however, I am giving it only 4 stars because of the assembly. The instructions were clear for assembly, but it was extremely awkward to assemble and almost needed an extra pair of hands in order to get it all together. It came with a nice carrying case, but there is NO way I would take them apart, carry them to a photo shoot, and then put them back together again. It would take longer to assemble than to photograph my subjects.
on August 20, 2013
I create YouTube videos on a daily basis and these lights have helped me out tremendously. First of all they are as described, They adjust to any position needed and if placed right should give you the desired full lighting you need.

My only big issue was putting the soft boxes together as the directions seem confusing...maybe Im stupid. Took a few minutes to construct the soft light boxes, if you have never used lights like this it may not make sense at first either. The lights have to 2 settings normal and bright, I find myself using the brighter of the 2 settings as it just looks better on video.

The case they come in is a nice bonus though I don't think I will ever take the lights apart as it would be easier to keep the soft boxes as they are. All in all the lights works and are put together with decent quality. I paid around 80 dollars for these, In my opinion they seem like a 65 dollar value, but they do come with all the needed bulbs so I can live with the price.
on January 1, 2015
I like this product - alot. There are some limitations, but if one recognizes them, these lights can SIGNIFICANTLY improve your ability to obtain very good table-top photography for EBAY & similar. Which - I will add, will increase your sales! No BS. It is no secret, that using diffused, balanced lighting, in the 5000K - 6500K temperature range is very important to obtaining consistent results, every time you shoot. This fact alone, will reduce the time required from taking the photo to posting the photo in your ad. Also, at least for me, this lighting set up completely eliminated the need for a "cocoon" type of enclosure which significantly slows workflow. Before you buy this or any other type of lighting, balance your needs vs cost, manage your expectations. Since I purchased these in October, I am sure that I have taken well over 1,000 photos since purchasing these lights for my use on EBAY, Etsy, Pinterest, etc.

Pros:
Very Affordable at less than $100.00
The front diffuser panel of each soft-box is 16" x 23.5" . Two stands with these soft-boxes is PLENTY of light for table top photography.
Each head is made up of 4 - 45W CFL bulbs, controlled by 2 on/off switches on the back of the head.
Stands are easily adjustable, up & down.

Cons:
The soft boxes were a pain in the a** to assemble over the head.
Somewhat top-heavy, although this is easily solved by weighting the base. (See my photo, those are 10 lb dumbbells)
This is not a kit one wants to assemble, dissassemble, set up in another location. Before buying I knew changing locations & set-up was something I was unlikely to do. (I bought for fairly static, table top use.)

I have attached a few photos of my table top set up to show that the amateur guy can make very good use of better lighting.
I write reviews daily on technology gadgets so lighting was a must for me. I needed to have something I could use to light the area for my video reviews or photos of the products. This lighting kit set has been perfect. The only thing is I wish I would have bought the set that has the third light with the Boom Hair Light Kit add-on. If you are doing basic photography, video reviews or product shots you won't have any problem out of this set.
It's light weight easy to assemble and the power cables are a decent length.
on September 24, 2014
One of the lamps only had 3 working lights. This product offers a lot for not much money and if it had worked properly I would have given a 5 star review. The kit is very well packaged and is overall is impressive for the cost. These lights have nice adjustably and are reasonably study.

If you are willing to roll the dice and you get a working one I suspect most people would be happy with this product. There is a reason why professional level kits of this type cost 10 times more.
on September 12, 2013
Worth every penny and then some! I have switched over to constant lighting photography whenever possible and didn't want to invest a lot of money until I knew what I was doing. These softboxes and lighting worked beautifully. Easy to assemble and take down. Cant' say enough about it but love, love LOVE!!! GREAT INVESTMENT FOR ANY PHOTOGRAPHER professional or amateur.
on March 20, 2015
I opted to order these Softboxes for photo-taking of items that I sell on eBay/Amazon, rather than an Umbrella setup for several reasons:

1.) Umbrellas protrude into my small room more, and are easily knocked over.. Whereas these have a much smaller "footprint" and are easily place on either side of my 36"x18" picture-taking area.

2.) These each contain 4 45w bulbs, and most Umbrellas come with 1 SINGLE 45w bulb. So, the light output is MUCH BETTER (8 45w bulbs overall vs. 2 45w bulbs for Umbrellas.)

I ordered a "Used" set, offered by Amazon Warehouse Deals, as the price was about $20 less than the New price shown. When the Kit arrived, everything inside was sealed up, and I didn't see a single sign that this Kit had ever been used!
I highly suspect that Amazon had these as a Customer Return, and simply listed them as "Used" just to be on the safe side. (So, I got NEW at the Used price!)

Setup was SUPER easy, with the included instructions. Took about 10 mins total to take everything out of the box and completely set up both Lights.

Overall, I am glad I bought these, and would definitely order the same Kit again, if I ever needed to order another set!
on December 4, 2015
For the price, these are a good value. I agree with the other reviews. Putting the light together is a pain and the directions that came with it reference a 'silver tab', and on these it's black velcro. I had to cut open the tabs to get the pole in. Once assembled they're fine. I also like that, while not dimmable, you do have the option to go at 50%. I bought these mostly for video work, so the extra wattage is good. I don't plan on taking them apart though, too tough to assemble, especially in the field.