Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on September 5, 2013
The truth is…for this price you are not going to get supper heavy duty stuff!!! But for the price and if you take your time and be very gentle with these…I think they can last a long time…especially if you just use them in a studio and don’t break them down. I did a lot of research and this brand may be the best of this kind of lights…and that the screws that hold the light unit onto the stands are made of metal components…most others are made of plastic. (Note: Do not over tighten these bolts…because I read that some people broke these part because of over tightening…just be very easy on these kinds of lights and you’ll be just fine…I did not have this problem…because I am very easy and patient with these lights! If you have a lot of money…go buy more heavy duty stuff!!! But if you’re like me and have a smaller budget and/or can take it easy on these lights then buy these. In my research and my opinion this brand may be the best for this type of lighting!!!

I did have a problem…I had two lights bulbs broken when I got it from UPS…but I tell you if you have this problem…don’t send it back…get the number to Amazon from the internet and call them and see what they can do for you!!! Let me tell you this much…I am very very pleased what they did for me!!! Go Amazon!!!
11 comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
At first I was a slightly wary because of the marked down price. Not sure what to expect, but I was in need of lights for a green screen. These softbox lights were quite easy to assemble, didn't take much longer than 15 minutes to get both lights working from the box. I haven't tried to take them apart for travel so I have no experience with storage. However they do come with the aforementioned carrying case which appears to be decent quality. The light casted is soft and fairly even; definitely satisfied with the purchase.
on February 25, 2013
This is a very nice product for the price and will serve my needs just fine, however, I am giving it only 4 stars because of the assembly. The instructions were clear for assembly, but it was extremely awkward to assemble and almost needed an extra pair of hands in order to get it all together. It came with a nice carrying case, but there is NO way I would take them apart, carry them to a photo shoot, and then put them back together again. It would take longer to assemble than to photograph my subjects.
on August 20, 2013
I create YouTube videos on a daily basis and these lights have helped me out tremendously. First of all they are as described, They adjust to any position needed and if placed right should give you the desired full lighting you need.

My only big issue was putting the soft boxes together as the directions seem confusing...maybe Im stupid. Took a few minutes to construct the soft light boxes, if you have never used lights like this it may not make sense at first either. The lights have to 2 settings normal and bright, I find myself using the brighter of the 2 settings as it just looks better on video.

The case they come in is a nice bonus though I don't think I will ever take the lights apart as it would be easier to keep the soft boxes as they are. All in all the lights works and are put together with decent quality. I paid around 80 dollars for these, In my opinion they seem like a 65 dollar value, but they do come with all the needed bulbs so I can live with the price.
22 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2015
I like this product - alot. There are some limitations, but if one recognizes them, these lights can SIGNIFICANTLY improve your ability to obtain very good table-top photography for EBAY & similar. Which - I will add, will increase your sales! No BS. It is no secret, that using diffused, balanced lighting, in the 5000K - 6500K temperature range is very important to obtaining consistent results, every time you shoot. This fact alone, will reduce the time required from taking the photo to posting the photo in your ad. Also, at least for me, this lighting set up completely eliminated the need for a "cocoon" type of enclosure which significantly slows workflow. Before you buy this or any other type of lighting, balance your needs vs cost, manage your expectations. Since I purchased these in October, I am sure that I have taken well over 1,000 photos since purchasing these lights for my use on EBAY, Etsy, Pinterest, etc.

Pros:
Very Affordable at less than $100.00
The front diffuser panel of each soft-box is 16" x 23.5" . Two stands with these soft-boxes is PLENTY of light for table top photography.
Each head is made up of 4 - 45W CFL bulbs, controlled by 2 on/off switches on the back of the head.
Stands are easily adjustable, up & down.

Cons:
The soft boxes were a pain in the a** to assemble over the head.
Somewhat top-heavy, although this is easily solved by weighting the base. (See my photo, those are 10 lb dumbbells)
This is not a kit one wants to assemble, dissassemble, set up in another location. Before buying I knew changing locations & set-up was something I was unlikely to do. (I bought for fairly static, table top use.)

I have attached a few photos of my table top set up to show that the amateur guy can make very good use of better lighting.
on September 12, 2013
Worth every penny and then some! I have switched over to constant lighting photography whenever possible and didn't want to invest a lot of money until I knew what I was doing. These softboxes and lighting worked beautifully. Easy to assemble and take down. Cant' say enough about it but love, love LOVE!!! GREAT INVESTMENT FOR ANY PHOTOGRAPHER professional or amateur.
I write reviews daily on technology gadgets so lighting was a must for me. I needed to have something I could use to light the area for my video reviews or photos of the products. This lighting kit set has been perfect. The only thing is I wish I would have bought the set that has the third light with the Boom Hair Light Kit add-on. If you are doing basic photography, video reviews or product shots you won't have any problem out of this set.
It's light weight easy to assemble and the power cables are a decent length.
on September 24, 2014
One of the lamps only had 3 working lights. This product offers a lot for not much money and if it had worked properly I would have given a 5 star review. The kit is very well packaged and is overall is impressive for the cost. These lights have nice adjustably and are reasonably study.

If you are willing to roll the dice and you get a working one I suspect most people would be happy with this product. There is a reason why professional level kits of this type cost 10 times more.
on November 16, 2014
Great product. Exactly what I expected. Customer service was great. One of the lights had an issue & they replaced immediately.
Highly recommend!!!
on August 15, 2014
There's a few things I don't like about this.
1. It's a pain in the butt to set up! The instructions were vague and unclear. I had to ask my dad to help. It literally took us 30 minutes just to set up one softbox because the rods that go inside the diffuser were not cooperating. I honestly can't imagine setting it up and taking it down every time I need it. It's just too much work for one person.

2. The screw to hold the light at a certain angle is not sturdy. I barely put any pressure to turn on/off the switch and the light just tilts down.

3. I was looking a this last week and the price with $80. I was planning to buy it on Tuesday and the price had already gone up to $90. I honestly don't think this is worth $90. It's worth $65.

Other than those three bad things, I kinda like it. It adds the brightness that I need in pictures.