5.0 out of 5 stars ePhoto Backdrop Stand
Stand is sturdy and made of nice material. I use it with fabric and seamless paper. I am happy with this product and it's a great price.
Published on December 30, 2010 by TB

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money....
Only purchased because a client didn't want to go over budget.

This thing is a total nightmare.

1) the entire thing is made of paper-thin aluminum
2) the crossbar ends don't fit that well and finally ended up getting stuck together (which was stupid trying to transport at the end of the event)
3) the crossbar is *extremely* flimsy. It would...
Published on April 9, 2011 by whatevas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money...., April 9, 2011
This review is from: ePhoto TB-30 Heavy Duty Background Stand with Crossbars with Carrying Case (Electronics)
Only purchased because a client didn't want to go over budget.

This thing is a total nightmare.

1) the entire thing is made of paper-thin aluminum
3) the crossbar is *extremely* flimsy. It would bow even holding up fabric
4) the stands are not air cushioned and if you extend them too far, they feel *and look* like they are going to break.

As for the job that we did for the client: We ended up having to run back to the studio to pick up one of our Westcott stands because this was just NOT going to work.

My advice:
Save up and spend the money on a decent backdrop system. These types of equipment are like tripods....Dont skimp on something so important. It will just give you headaches later.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, April 28, 2011
For the price, it's worth it if you don't plan on doing any commercial/professional shoots.

I bought this so I could take pictures of my family at home, and for that, it works fine. It's not as sturdy as I would have hoped, though. I am skeptical that it could safely hold a roll of 53" seamless, much less a roll of 107". I haven't tried yet, though. All I have used so far is fabric. It fell on one of my friends once already, and that was with the legs spread out as far as they could go. Scary.

But, it works for what I am doing at home. If I were to ever go into business, I would need something sturdier. The bag is an excellent idea, but the fabric is cheap, and mine ripped almost immediately. And I am extremely gentle and careful with my belongings. The bag just isn't going to last, and that's all there is to it. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars ePhoto Backdrop Stand, December 30, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, December 28, 2010
This background stand is exactly what I wanted! It's sturdy and sets up easily. The carrying case is truly fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for DIY Videography, January 1, 2011
I was really impressed by the quality of this stand, especially for the price. Its compact until time for use and easily dissassembled.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, NOT GREAT; NOT STURDY, January 2, 2013
OUR SCHOOL USES THESE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY 101, THEY ARE OK, BUT NOT GREAT. IT IS MADE OF CHEAP ALUMINUM MATERIAL WHICH ENDS ARE SOMETIMES TOUGH TO PUT TOGETHER. WHEN YOU PUT THE BACKGROUND ON IT THE TOP BAR DOES SLOPE A LITTLE SO MAKE SURE YOU CUT THE TOP PART OF WHEN TAKING THE PICTURE, OR WHEN PHOTO EDITING IT.
THE LEGS ARE PROBABLY THE STURDIEST PART OF THIS SET UP. JUST BE CAREFUL WHEN EXTENDING THE BACKGROUND. DUE TO IT EASILY BEING ABLE TO TIP OVER. I DO RECOMMEND IT FOR BEGINNING PHOTOGRAPHY, IT DOES COME WITH A CARRYING CASE.
THE PRICE IS GOOD FOR WHAT YOU GET.

2.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to, but it's extremely cheap., June 13, 2011
I bought this product at the end of last year. I thought I had gotten a super deal, but I soon discovered I was wrong. The first time I used it, there were pieces (screws etc.) coming apart, STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! It has barely been used since, yet today I was practicing a setup for an upcoming session and sure enough more screws came flying off the stand. Overall, it does the job it's supposed to do, but just barely because you never know if it's going to fall apart from all the screws that keep coming off. It's, flimsy, cheap, poorly made, BUT if you are on a budget and have the time to look for the screws that fly off and put them back on, then by all means this will get the job done. If you're looking to be using this long term I would invest on something of higher quality. also the carry case is not very sturdy. My daughter, who isn't even 2 yet, was able to undo the clips waaay to easily. Again, though, you get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay starter stand, but quality is suspect, April 4, 2011
Bag and product look nice on the surface, but realize it's pretty cheaply made. Definitely okay for the weekend shooter, but pros should look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, March 6, 2011
works great crossbar can be shortened buy taking a section out. well made however the case is junk, my zipper is breaking and I have only used it twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied w/ product, January 16, 2011
I am satisfied with this product and would order from this seller again. It arrived on time, product was as described. No complaints!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›