5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy mount
I wanted a small V mount for a relatively compact setup with a small camcorder and handle and this fits the bill quite nicely.

Published 20 months ago by Robert

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit anything
Seems the shoes are all the wrong size. I can't fit anything standard into this bracket. Kinda crappy, but it's not worth enough to bother paying shipping to return it.
Published 11 months ago by Jonathan Boettcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy mount, January 10, 2013
This review is from: ePhoto Small Triple Mount Hot Shoe V Mount Bracket for Video Lights, Microphones or Monitors H629-2 (Kitchen)

The bracket is stout. The metal is much thicker than I expected it would be. There's virtually no give or flex here and it's certainly not going to be the weak point in any mounting setup. The hot shoe screw is threaded into the bottom of the mount and it arrived a little loose but it was nothing a few turns of a wrench didn't fix up. It's plenty tight now and I have no worries about it going anywhere on me now, the extra paranoid could add a dab of thread lock if they really wanted to. It's also threaded all the way through the mounting plate so you can attach a tripod plate to it for off camera mounting options.

The spacing and offset between the shoes is just perfect to fit an LED light panel and small boom mic. Third shoe mount in the middle is a nice touch but I don't plan on really using it for anything. Shoes themselves are very sturdy and firmly attached with 3 screws each.

The whole thing has a very nice powder coat finish and looks quite nice and has a nice sized thumb wheel for locking it down in place.

All in all, an excellent value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit anything, October 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without one, May 28, 2013
The perfect size to enable one to utilize a camera light, shotgun mic, external recorder, etc conveniently on a run-and-gun shoot.
Well balanced for low strain on the camera shoe, tightens down very securely, and lower profile for convenience in operating and adjusting the mounted accessories. A valuable, reasonably priced addition that goes everywhere my camera does.

1.0 out of 5 stars I dont understand how they can screw up such a simple model., February 19, 2014
This thing should be a no-brainer, yet somehow they manage to completely screw it up.

The center screw used to mount the bracket on your camer's hot shoe (in my case, a Canon 5D MkII) is not directly connected to the braket itself. IT SCREWS ON. WHY? Basically, yes, it will fit on your mount, but provide no stability whatsoever. The thing twists and slides off easily. The center nut can be used to tighted the connection, but due to the poor design, can only tighten the connection to th camera, or the connection of the bracket - not both. You either get something that twists flimsily on your camera, or something that slides right off, depending on how you tighten it.

I'm just dumbfounded on why none of the reviews seemed to tip me off at this obvious flaw. The center screw should be physically locked into place by design, like I've experienced on other models. If you look closely at the stock picture, you'll see the center cold shoe actually has a screw hole in the middle. This is the flaw I'm talking about. It twists right off.

Luckily, I had a separate adapter that I've rigged to fit this thing properly (sortof). I'll just end up replacing it with a similar bracket in time, but I'm unhappy that I wasted my money off such a stupid, stupid design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for DSLR users…but it's a COLD shoe. It left me at the alter..., November 8, 2013
Perfect for those times when you need to mount a monitor/Ninja 2, mic, and light but your DSLR only has that one hot shoe mount. What were those manufacturers thinking? Didn't they realize that DSLRs were going to be able to converted into digital cinema monsters? Ah that's right…they're still still cameras first…then video. Anyway, this mount is AWESOME! Keep in mind a few things:

1) Make sure it's mounted correctly to your hot shoe or it'll throw off the balance of the camera. I use a Glidecam HD-4000 with my 5D Mark 3 and the SLIGHTEST weight difference can throw off that glass-like look immediately. Even if you don't use a Glidecam/Steadicam/SmoothOutYourHandheldVideocam, it has the capability of mounting off center which is just kind of annoying and makes me want to punch things.

2) These are COLD shoes…it's the truth. This mount ran out on our wedding 3 months ago and it hasn't returned my texts, calls, or snapchats. These will not interact with your camera (like a flash) and won't power your devices (like a mic or the like).

3) The middle shoe is limited in what you can put there since it's so small (insert 'that's what she said' here). I can't mount my LED light or monitor, but my Rode VMP fits perfectly. It mounts perfectly every time. Yup…I went there.

Overall, it's a great mount. Sturdy, pretty light, and seems like it could tough out a fight with Mike Tyson…well…maybe his chihuahua.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Ruins a Good Idea, October 25, 2013
Turning your hot shoe into three cold shoes for a mic, light and monitor or prompter is a great idea. Unfortunately, the quality of this unit leaves a lot to be desired. The middle cold shoe came with a small screw screwed in at an angle. This prevented attaching any accessory. I had to gently remove the screw without stripping it. After several tries I was able to get the screw back in the right position to make the shoe usable. One other shoe was in working condition. The third shoe seems to be a bit smaller than any accessory mount so it is unusable. The cost to return it was not worth my bother. If the vendor reads the review and wants to send me a replacement, that would be great. I'll then review the replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars good support loose base, April 23, 2013
good support, all metal. only complaint is the base is a scew-on and gets loose about 2-3 times in a day's shoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 3, 2013
When you are on a mobile shoot on your own, and don't have a crew to handle lighting and sound, it's nice to be able to mount your light and mic onto your camera and have them move with you, without the lengthy rearranging process

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money, February 26, 2013
R. Ruben (Simi Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
As others have mentioned, these are a bit small. There are three flash shoes but I think it's unlikely to be able to use all three. Still, it is lightweight, seems durable and can allow either a couple of flashs/mics/lights/??? or at least offer some flexibility on placement. I have used it to mount an 160 LED panel and a Rode mic to a DSLR. I have also been able to mount two 160 LED panels by using two mini ballheads connected to each other at an angle, which allowed me get the lights far enough apart from each other to fit on the bracket. Sometimes you gotta get creative! Another note, the flash mount (male) on the bottom of the unit also has 1/4" threads so it can be attached to a 1/4" tripod mount, or can be unscrewed and the unit then screwed onto a 3/8" mount. Pretty versatile options. I bought a couple of them and keep them in my bag of tricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Mounting Mic and Recorder, July 3, 2014
Kiendawtcom (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Good construction. Great for mounting a RODE Video Mic Pro along with my Zoom H1 together.

Rate and Discover Movies