Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ePhoto Small Triple Mount Hot Shoe V Mount Bracket for Video Lights, Microphones or Monitors H629-2
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 10, 2013
I wanted a small V mount for a relatively compact setup with a small camcorder and handle and this fits the bill quite nicely.

The bracket is stout. The metal is much thicker than I expected it would be. There's virtually no give or flex here and it's certainly not going to be the weak point in any mounting setup. The hot shoe screw is threaded into the bottom of the mount and it arrived a little loose but it was nothing a few turns of a wrench didn't fix up. It's plenty tight now and I have no worries about it going anywhere on me now, the extra paranoid could add a dab of thread lock if they really wanted to. It's also threaded all the way through the mounting plate so you can attach a tripod plate to it for off camera mounting options.

The spacing and offset between the shoes is just perfect to fit an LED light panel and small boom mic. Third shoe mount in the middle is a nice touch but I don't plan on really using it for anything. Shoes themselves are very sturdy and firmly attached with 3 screws each.

The whole thing has a very nice powder coat finish and looks quite nice and has a nice sized thumb wheel for locking it down in place.

All in all, an excellent value.
on November 8, 2013
Perfect for those times when you need to mount a monitor/Ninja 2, mic, and light but your DSLR only has that one hot shoe mount. What were those manufacturers thinking? Didn't they realize that DSLRs were going to be able to converted into digital cinema monsters? Ah that's right…they're still still cameras first…then video. Anyway, this mount is AWESOME! Keep in mind a few things:

1) Make sure it's mounted correctly to your hot shoe or it'll throw off the balance of the camera. I use a Glidecam HD-4000 with my 5D Mark 3 and the SLIGHTEST weight difference can throw off that glass-like look immediately. Even if you don't use a Glidecam/Steadicam/SmoothOutYourHandheldVideocam, it has the capability of mounting off center which is just kind of annoying and makes me want to punch things.

2) These are COLD shoes…it's the truth. This mount ran out on our wedding 3 months ago and it hasn't returned my texts, calls, or snapchats. These will not interact with your camera (like a flash) and won't power your devices (like a mic or the like).

3) The middle shoe is limited in what you can put there since it's so small (insert 'that's what she said' here). I can't mount my LED light or monitor, but my Rode VMP fits perfectly. It mounts perfectly every time. Yup…I went there.

Overall, it's a great mount. Sturdy, pretty light, and seems like it could tough out a fight with Mike Tyson…well…maybe his chihuahua.
on February 19, 2014
This thing should be a no-brainer, yet somehow they manage to completely screw it up.

The center screw used to mount the bracket on your camer's hot shoe (in my case, a Canon 5D MkII) is not directly connected to the braket itself. IT SCREWS ON. WHY? Basically, yes, it will fit on your mount, but provide no stability whatsoever. The thing twists and slides off easily. The center nut can be used to tighted the connection, but due to the poor design, can only tighten the connection to th camera, or the connection of the bracket - not both. You either get something that twists flimsily on your camera, or something that slides right off, depending on how you tighten it.

I'm just dumbfounded on why none of the reviews seemed to tip me off at this obvious flaw. The center screw should be physically locked into place by design, like I've experienced on other models. If you look closely at the stock picture, you'll see the center cold shoe actually has a screw hole in the middle. This is the flaw I'm talking about. It twists right off.

Luckily, I had a separate adapter that I've rigged to fit this thing properly (sortof). I'll just end up replacing it with a similar bracket in time, but I'm unhappy that I wasted my money off such a stupid, stupid design flaw.
on May 28, 2013
The perfect size to enable one to utilize a camera light, shotgun mic, external recorder, etc conveniently on a run-and-gun shoot.
Well balanced for low strain on the camera shoe, tightens down very securely, and lower profile for convenience in operating and adjusting the mounted accessories. A valuable, reasonably priced addition that goes everywhere my camera does.
on November 11, 2013
This would be a great item if it was decently constructed. On the item I received the highest of the three shoes has problems with all three screws, one of them does not go in more than half way and the other two don't tighten down. As a result the shoe wobbles about, not something I want to trust with an expensive mic, light or recorder. I should have believed the other similar negative reviews. It looks like you take your chances on this one. I wouldn't do it again....

Edit on January 16, 2014. Because I wanted to have a device like this one, I decided to purchase a similar one manufactured by Vello. It is a little more expensive but is virtually the same size. It's big advantage is that the three cold shoe slots are machined out of the aluminum stock and are not separate pieces screwed on (or not very well screwed on in the case of the ePhoto model I received). The Vello product is a much more solid and positive attachment and worth the extra cost, to me anyway.
on October 25, 2013
Turning your hot shoe into three cold shoes for a mic, light and monitor or prompter is a great idea. Unfortunately, the quality of this unit leaves a lot to be desired. The middle cold shoe came with a small screw screwed in at an angle. This prevented attaching any accessory. I had to gently remove the screw without stripping it. After several tries I was able to get the screw back in the right position to make the shoe usable. One other shoe was in working condition. The third shoe seems to be a bit smaller than any accessory mount so it is unusable. The cost to return it was not worth my bother. If the vendor reads the review and wants to send me a replacement, that would be great. I'll then review the replacement.
on October 2, 2013
Seems the shoes are all the wrong size. I can't fit anything standard into this bracket. Kinda crappy, but it's not worth enough to bother paying shipping to return it.
on March 12, 2015
Hoping the one I received just happened to have a defect and that the new one won't have an issue.

My first impression was that this seems very well built and sturdy, and I was impressed.

There is a problem with the item, however, I gave this 3 stars because (assuming it's just a glitch) I feel like it would otherwise be exactly what I'm looking for.

It's small, but not too small. Low profile, exactly the size I need - not too small, not too big.

It perfectly fits my Neewer CN-216 light and my Rode VideoMic GO microphone, with about 1" of space to spare between them.

The issue with the one I received was that it's missing one of the very small screws/pegs located on the bottom of one of the sides. Therefore, I am not able to securely connect my light (there are 3 of these tiny screws on each side, and since it's missing 1, the light just wobbles/tilts and it's loose fitting).

I am returning it and getting another of the same items, because otherwise this is exactly what I'm looking for.

I was disappointed in the exchange process because I wasn't actually able to exchange it - I had to do a return and purchase a new one. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Going to contact the company to see if they can double check the new one before sending it out, just in case this is a common issue. Seems that checking to make sure all 6 screws are there would be a pretty basic thing to check on quality control, so it's a bit disappointing.
on December 28, 2015
If you are looking for a cheap and budget friendly way to put more things onto your camera (microphone, lights, etc.) this would be a good candidate for that purpose. The build quality is very sturdy, made out of a single piece of aluminum, so any worries of dropping it and shattering should be alleviated, not to mention if it were to break, it would be fairly cheap to replace.

For the most part, most things fit on the cold shoe adapters with no issues and stay there, which is a plus and must have when entrusting sometimes hundreds of dollars of equipment on there. The issue comes from the contact point and the shoe mount to actually fit on the camera - it's a screw on, so the actual assembly must be threaded through the mount for it to ensure the whole mount wont fall off your camera, I wish it would have just been integrated into the whole mount so one wouldn't have one extra piece to account for, and on top of that when screwing the threads in the mount isn't always centered without finicking around with it, which most of time when you want to set up for a run and gun shoot, you need to put the equipment on and go - without any hassle of worrying if its straightened along with the fact that there is a possibility that it could come loose during shoots - not ideal.

PROS
-Cheap and easy to replace
-Robust assembly, save for the threadings to the camera's hot shoe
-The actual cold shoes hold items fairly well and tightly

CONS
-Paint imperfections
-The screw threadings don't always necessitate the shoe is going to be mounted on straight without messing around with it
-Balance can be an issue if one does not have a rig to properly hold the items mounted to the camera (especially smaller DSLMS like a G6 or G7)
on February 26, 2013
As others have mentioned, these are a bit small. There are three flash shoes but I think it's unlikely to be able to use all three. Still, it is lightweight, seems durable and can allow either a couple of flashs/mics/lights/??? or at least offer some flexibility on placement. I have used it to mount an 160 LED panel and a Rode mic to a DSLR. I have also been able to mount two 160 LED panels by using two mini ballheads connected to each other at an angle, which allowed me get the lights far enough apart from each other to fit on the bracket. Sometimes you gotta get creative! Another note, the flash mount (male) on the bottom of the unit also has 1/4" threads so it can be attached to a 1/4" tripod mount, or can be unscrewed and the unit then screwed onto a 3/8" mount. Pretty versatile options. I bought a couple of them and keep them in my bag of tricks.