Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
What is the easiset way to connect an analog device to the receiver (ie a Wii)? The receiver will not output the analog audio and video to HDMI.
asked by Arnold on November 8, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
It can't. An analog source needs an analog connection thru the receiver. It cannot upcovert to HDMI.
Richard answered on November 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my case, I plug-in Wii into my TV (WI > TV) and use RCA analog sound output to the Onkyo (TV - ONKYO). In my case it was the best way.
Igor De Paiva Gomes answered on November 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yea you can connect analog device to the receiver, you need the rca cable and connect from the receiver in ( bd/dvd ,vcr/dvr, cbl/sat, game, aux, am, fm, tv/cd) depend the divice you want use. In my case i using HDMI cable, but i buy a new LG 3d tv and i cant listen the audio from the tv program using the HDMI, and i buy the optical cable and now can listen the the tv program in my onkyo home theather.
raymond torres answered on November 8, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You might have to connect the audio red and white cables to the receiver and the yellow video cable directly to the tv. Or contact Onkyo directly and ask if there is an easier way.
WillTex answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought a $20 adapter for my Wii that outputs video and audio to HDMI. It doesn't make the picture better but it does let me use the game HDMI input for both video and audio from the wii.
Patrick B. answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product