4.0 out of 5 stars Klimaire 2 ton 24,000 btu/h Ductless heat
Published on January 11, 2009 by Guy E. Riggs

3.0 out of 5 stars Remotes do not stand up
We purchased several of these units and like them. We live in a southern climate and do not have extremes in temperature.I believe we have installed 5 or 6 units.
Published on January 3, 2011 by Nancy

4.0 out of 5 stars Klimaire 2 ton 24,000 btu/h Ductless heat, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Klimaire 2 ton 24,000 btu/h Ductless heat pump heat & cool wall mounted room Mini Split 230 volt Super high efficiency 13 SEER air conditioner Conditioners condition Conditioning (Kitchen)
Now that I have had this unit in for several months...I can speak to how it really works. As with most heat pump type units, it lacks the heat output during the very cold days and night, but overall, does a pretty good job in my wood shop. Be advised that you really need to keep the filters cleaned if it is used in a dusty envoironment. The cooling worked great...the building is a 24X24 with 13' ceilings. Had no issues when it was hot outside up to 95 degrees. The only issue with installation is the instructions do lack some. You cannot do it yourself as you will need a vaccuum pump from an HVAC indivdual to vaccuum out the lines when setting it up. Plus, the electrically hookups are buried inside the unit...which are not clearly expained in the manual. I was unable to locate them myself and only with great pain, did the HVAC guy even find them. In the end, I like the unit and will purchase a similiar one for my house soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Remotes do not stand up, January 3, 2011
We have noticed problems with the remote controls though. They do not last. We have purchased wire baskets for them to keep them next to the units protected yet, within 2-3 yrs 3 of them have stopped functioning. The displays give out and they are nonfunctional. In calling the company I was told by the receptionist that to replace the remote it would cost $45 for a universal remote and $65 for the original remote plus $15 shipping. The remotes do not appear to be of a quality/size that matches that price in my humble opinion. I was told the remotes are never covered in the warrantee. The units come with one remote each. I am realizing how expensive a cooling/heating system this will be having to replace all the remotes every 2-3 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Customer Service, September 19, 2011
We have a quad zone Klimaire. Only one of the four indoor units has ever worked properly. There is virtually NO customer support for this product. When you do reach "customer service" you are connected with an engineer who speaks VERY poor english and does not understand english much better. We have had this unit for 6 months and have not been able to get customer service to help us. We tell them the problem, they repeat their previous instructions (which did NOTHING to fix units). We are considering giving up recouping our $3,700 and ordering a Mitsubishi (we understand they actually have customer service). The one (out of four) indoor units we have works great, and if the other three worked like the one, we could give Klimaire a glowing review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these, June 1, 2012
Dan S (Deerfield, IL) - See all my reviews
Save your money and do not buy these units. They will not work long term and they failed in less than one year. It was difficult to get parts and they did not honor their warranty. Buyer beware. Please save your money and buy from a different manufacturer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest Liars, June 1, 2012
These units are crap, and break down almost immediately. The warranty offered is a hoax, not even a real company.

Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, this product is crap! Save your money and buy Mitsubishi, July 9, 2012
Great design, but the terrible customer service is so bad that we ended up purchacing four of these products and when the broke (all four broke within 4 month) we were unable to get customer service.

In the end we bought Mitsubishi units and threw out the terrible Klimaire units (into a junk heap.) Rude service, terrible people and a great product design.

The are the best example of what is wrong with American manufacturing that we have ever seen. They suck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Klimaire Is Junk!!!!!!!!!, January 25, 2014
Unit stopped working after 2 years. It required a main circuit drive board. Repairman tried since Aug 2013 to get board. I finally got a quote in Jan 2014. They only work through e-mail and only take checks and money orders which is a sign something is definitely wrong when most companies will take credit cards. They wanted $425 for the board which is very expensive when similar boards run $150 - $200.

I am junking the unit and purchasing a Mitsubishi like another reviewer had done.

Save your money and run from this unit. Just remember a turd rapped upped and put in a pretty box is still a turd in a box.