Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Color: Silver|Change

on May 26, 2015
 First let me say I love the look of this mouse pad. It matches my iMac set up nicely. Now the reason I give this three stars is for the noise my magic mouse makes when sliding across this mouse pad. Its almost like the the sound sandpaper makes when you sand down metal pipping. It's annoying as heck. I will be returning this because I can not deal with the constant noise while moving my mouse.
55 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
There isn't much to review about a mouse pad but this machined aluminum plate is unique. It is laser etched on the bottom with a "designed in California" type script just like Apple products are. It has thin rubber feet and the plate was machined or surface ground so it is nice and flat. It sits on my glass top desk without rocking. But as another reviewer pointed out, the surface is textured, almost like it had been EDMed or acid etched for texture. The rough texture is similar to my 3M peel and stick mouse pad that it replaced. It feels odd with higher friction than I had expected and with that texture also comes noticeable noise (from dragging the mouse across it). It could be disconcerting to some users as they may simply not like the "feel" of it. It felt odd to me at first but after a few days of use I am used to it. Overall it's a great product but be prepared to return it (meaning open the packaging carefully) if you can't get used to the mousing surface texture. But if you can get used to it, it is a really unique item that complements aluminum Macs.
on June 18, 2013
The quality is great, it looks beautiful with any apple product, the pad looks like if it was actually made by Apple!
review image
on December 28, 2012
As an apple fan, the product is cleverly designed to match the material and the texture of my iMac, keyboard, and mouse. It completes the look of my desk.
Also, i can now use this pad when I'm on bed instead of using a book for a mousepad as this product provides a hard surface for my mouse.
I would highly recommend this pad for those who use iMacs.
on February 10, 2014
This mouse pad is the perfect addition to my iMac desk. It is flawlessly designed all aluminum, very solid (heavy) with grips on the bottom to stabilize. It does cause the MagicMouse to drag and make a bit of noise so I suggest getting some felt tape and stick it to the bottom of your Magic Mouse bumpers and it will glide with ease. Highly recommend this mouse pad for those esthetically minded Apple fans!
on July 21, 2013
i love the way this product looks, i purchased a brand new iMAC and wanted a mouse pad instead of having the mouse rub on my wooden desk, I'm more of a "needs to look nice" kind of guy so i purchased this item based on how the metal matches the metallic color of my iMAC and the simple yet sleek design of it, however the only thing i didn't like is the noise it makes upon moving the mouse across the metal, it's not to the point where i want to return it but it is to the point that the sound is noticeable hence why i rated this item 4 stars, if you're going for looks get this item but if you want something more practical and functional move on to a mouse pad that is non-metallic.
on September 11, 2013
I won't go over much of the same stuff that other reviewers have said, except to say that some early reviewers complained about the awful texture... Perhaps that was an issue with the product over a year ago? The mouse pad I received has almost exactly the same texture as my apple wireless keyboard and trackpad. It matches perfectly.

I have noticed a slight decrease of mouse accuracy at times. It seems to be intermittent though. If I take the magic mouse off the pad and put it on my desktop everything is back to normal, then later on I'll switch back to the mouse pad. It's a little annoying and the reason for the 1 star deduction. I have tried putting fresh batteries in the mouse so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

[EDIT} It turns out that my issue with a decrease in performance had nothing to do with this mouse pad. It was, instead, and issue with the bluetooth antenna in my 2008 Mac Pro. I removed the stock bluetooth chip and added a $13 bluetooth 4.0 dongle and performance is now perfect. This mousepad looks sharp and is a great buy. [EDIT}

All of my desktop accessories are the matching aluminum (i.e. ipad and iphone stands, aluminum coasters, seitek aluminum USB hub) so this was a must for me if for nothing else to have the complete matching set.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a mouse pad that will match the rest of their Apple products.
on December 13, 2014
I work pretty much exclusively with Apple products and the aluminum shading, feel, and overall appearance is an exact match to their wireless keyboard, aluminum bodies found on the iMac and Thunderbolt display and their track pad. It is pretty amazing. NOTE: ----> IF you have a computer desk or table that is using a GLASS surface than obviously you have figured out that you need a mouse pad to allow it to function. So if you have an iMac or work with Macs this pad will service as a perfect compliment to your entire setup. It looks like it belongs. GREAT JOB. In addition, if you have a mouse and keyboard wirelessly attached to a smart tv and your coffee table has a glass surface than this would do the trick for that as well.
on December 7, 2014
Not good! I mean it's pretty and all, but it is a textured, metal surface and when you slide a mouse over it, it sounds like you're sanding wood with fine sandpaper. I'd be afraid that I'm filing my mouse down into dust. 2 stars for nice build quality, but there's no way I can use this as a mousepad.

UPDATE 3/2/15: Having used this for a few months, the initial roughness and accompanying noisiness have faded, so upgrading from 2 to 4 stars because, while still not the quietest mouse pad you can buy by far, it is an attractive design.
on January 3, 2016
As soon as I saw that this was available, I knew that I had to have it. I love things that are made of aluminum, and orange is by far my favorite color, so this seemed to be a perfect product for me. As a functional mousemat, it is great: it is large enough such that you never need to really reposition the mouse, and it is very smooth which makes using the mouse on it very easy. Ever since I moved to using a glass desk, I had never really used a mousemat because I enjoyed using my mouse on the direct glass surface so much (and have a mouse which is able to be used directly on glass). I've never really liked mousemats made of material, because they wear down very quickly and aren't as smooth as I would like. I have been using this aluminum one for about a year now, though, and it looks just as nice as the day I purchased it and works to my standards. If you are looking for a mouse pad which will make your computing experience better, and also look good on your desk, then I would really recommend picking this one up.