5.0 out of 5 stars I love this iphone stand
Published on July 7, 2009 by R. Gryder

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, and very tiny
This thing is a neat little gadget to have handy. It's perfect for propping my ipod up like a tiny tv on my desk. It's got good quality plastic, rubber parts to prevent slipping, and a little key-chain or lanyard loop.
Published on April 12, 2009 by Jeffrey Hann

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, and very tiny, April 12, 2009
This review is from: elago M1 stand - Multi-Media Player Portable Stand (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Be aware that it is tiny - it's about the length and width of you thump from the tip to the first joint. It works pretty well to prop the itouch up horizontally, but cannot support it vertically. It's also a bit too small to accomodate a large case like the DLO leather case that I have. It's a great little product, and certainly worth a couple of bucks - just don't expect it to do much more than the two pictures show.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this iphone stand, July 7, 2009
R. Gryder (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great little product--so well designed and very small. We keep my toddler entertained when we go out to restaurants by letting him watch kids shows on my iPhone. Before we had this, it was really hard to get the iPhone to stand up for him to watch. This little stand works perfectly, sets up quickly, and stores in my change purse (it's that small). I love that it also comes with a handy built in cord and wish that iPhones could accommodate cord straps so that it would always be attached (are you listening Steve Jobs!). This is a great buy, too. Just wish it was available on Amazon Prime--the shipping doubled the cost. Still, it was well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Purpose Stand, June 26, 2009
Recently, I have purchased the Elago Multi-media stand. I use this stand with my iPhone to watch videos and listen to music. I love this stand because of how small it is and how sturdy it holds my phone. The stand is made out of plastic, but it is good quality; on the bottom of the stand there is rubber to help the stand not move on any surface. I recommend this stand for anyone who uses their phone for video or music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for a small iPod, but don't be fooled by the pics, it's NOT an ideal smartphone stand, January 9, 2012
D.B. Spalding (Korova Multimedia) - See all my reviews
Length:: 3:35 Mins

The pics here on Amazon are a little misleading ... showing an iPhone on the stand in landscape mode is accurate, you CAN use it that way, but don't put your smartphone on this standing up ... it's just too small, it'll topple over. The ridges aren't very big, my HTC in its Diztronic case barely fits, but not as well as the iPod Nano third gen without a case.

So what's this for? I think it's great for a iPod Nano third generation, perhaps the latest. That is, a smaller object. See my video for a demonstration.

That said ... I just used this stand at the airport Starbucks counter with my HTC Android phone down to keep it off the counter. Some phones come with a kickstand, but this is a nice, portable way to keep your phone, cover and all, above the public surface. I guess that warrants another star. ;)

The Elago M1 multi-media player stand is cheap enough that, if you travel around and use your smartphone in public places, you could give this a try. But be prepared for the experience like I had in my video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 29, 2009
This is a must have for anyone who likes to watch movies on their ipod touch or iphone. It only holds the ipod/iphone in the horizontal position. This is perfect for watching movies when you are on an airplane. It is well made and very small so it is easy to store. There is rubber on the stand to prevent slippage.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, February 9, 2010
anna (texas, USA) - See all my reviews
I got this thinking it would hold my i-pod in either direction. Boy was I wrong! It tilts over when you stand it up and is about half the size of your thumb!

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of money, May 23, 2011
drms "MS" (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I just received this item and I am returning it back. It keeps falling all the time. If you try to put your Iphone vertically, it falls back and isn't able to support the weight of the phone and if you put in horizontally, then it trips sideways until you make sure it is absolutely in the center. I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for a stabilized support for their phones.

1.0 out of 5 stars mis-leading info, January 2, 2010
i got my order today but i am totally dis-satisfied with it. your site's description, including pictures, clearly show the iPhone stands on it vertical position on your stand. however, this is NOT the case, the weight of the stand simply can not support the iPhone in its vertical position, thus it tilts back and fall.

thus, your site's info was mis-leading and i can not put the iPhone vertically. Therefore, i am asking the supplier to issue me a refund plus shipping charge.

** update on 1/15/2010 **
i contacted the seller and they agreed to issue a refund. amazon apparently handles the refund portion, however this seems to be a very slow process. it's been more than 10 days, yet i have not seen a credit.

amazon's refund policy ought to be as quick as they post a charge to the credit card.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with Droid X, October 16, 2010
Simply put, this device is too small for some of the bigger smartphones. It simply doesn't work with the Motorola Droid X, but that has more to do with the Droid X than this stand. The Droid X is the Wonder Woman of mobile phones... looks great, tons of power, but kinda top-heavy. The Droid X has about 70% of it's weight on the top end and it's taller than most phones, which makes it impossible to stand up vertically in a stand like this or the Crabble which I also tried. It will hold it in landscape orientation, but the uneven weight of the Droid X means any contact with it will likely knock it off the stand.

For a regular size smartphone, I'd say this is a great option. It's light, easily portable, and does what it says. I would imagine that it will only hold most 4"+ screen smart phone in landscape (horizontal) orientation with any stability. So it absolutely doesn't work for me, but that only means you shouldn't buy this if you have a large smartphone like the Droid X.

1.0 out of 5 stars not very good, July 13, 2009
This product is much smaller than it appears in the pic.. It's 1.5 inches long, .5 wide. Can support iphone 3 GS in landscape mode - barely. Portrait mode ? Maybe. If nobody walks by and creates a breeze. Don't waste your money. I had much better luck with the iZel stand.