Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: elago Mobile Nano II USB 2.0 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Reader -Works up to 32GB- (Black)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 28, 2010
I bought this to use in the USB port of my Alpine car stereo. Since the USB input is on the front faceplate, having a standard USB flash drive sticking out is not only silly looking, but dangerous (could get knocked and bent or damaged). This super low profile unit is the PERFECT choice! I coupled it with an 8GB micro SD and now have all the music I want and it only sticks out 1/4" from the faceplate...it is COMPLETELY unnoticable and in fact, I can just leave it in all the time, even when I take the faceplate off and put it in its storage container.
on June 11, 2011
Like others who rated this as one star, after 8 months it just stopped working. Loved the thing right up to that point. Won't buy it again.
on April 5, 2013
I can't believe these things aren't flying off the shelves!! Much better than any USB stick. When a USB stick fails it's either the memory chip or the controller, so you end up throwing the whole thing away. With this type of setup if the controller fails you can just remove the memory stick and use another controller or a micro-SD to standard SD adapter to gain access to your data again. Cuts your chances in half of losing files. Just read the other reviews, they all say everything I would say about this little gizmo. Someone mentioned that the blue light doesn't blink when data is written or read to/from the device, this is only partially correct - it actually flashes rapidly. With a class 6 memory stick it flashes VERY rapidly, hard to notice, but it does. I would prefer the light stay off unless it's being accessed. Someone else mentioned the memory stick was hard to get in and out - Well, yeah at first I wasn't sure which way to insert the card, so be careful. Be sure to insert it into the thinner slot face up with the yellow button face up. And push the yellow button to "eject" the card when you need to.
on March 18, 2012
This in my opinion is the best micro USB flash reader currently on the market. It's tiny but comes with a string loop that could be attached to a keychain. Keep in mind that the string loop and not the round metal ring goes through the small slot on the adapter. Also make sure when plugging this reader into a USB port that you don't push on the center mechanical yellow "card eject" lever.

I was amazed Elago was able to cram a blue status/activity LED into this tiny adapter. I'm using this with a Class 4 Transcend 16GB micro-SDHC card. Haven't had any problems with this reader yet in WinXP. During initial testing I copied a 7.6GB DVD rip to the flash card and then played the movie directly from the card without any issues. Quality seems fine for this type of device. The cap could've been made to fit slightly tighter but that's a minor issue. At this price I purchased another to permanently attach to my key ring.

Update: I purchased a second one and it seems there are some small manufacturing differences? The blue LED on my second unit looks to be significantly dimmer than the first one. I'm guessing this may be intentional and was in response to some peoples' complaints? Also the silkscreen logos seem slightly blurred and less sharp on this one than the first one. Read/Write performance seem to be the same.
review image review image
on February 5, 2013
First order shipped defective (the plastic was separated from the metal USB housing)
Thanks to Amazon, I was able to easily setup return shipping and request a replacement at no cost to me. (The replacement arrived within 2 days and worked perfectly)
One note: The product is very small. A lanyard (cord) is shipped with the product so you won't lose the main USB part. However, there is no way to attach the cap, so it is VERY likely it will eventually be lost. TIP: Drill a small hole in the tip of the cap and run the lanyard (cord) through it. This will attach both pieces so you will be less likely to lose them. (One rating star deducted for the defective product making it through their QA process and for not attaching the cap with the lanyard for us.)
on February 20, 2013
I'm pretty pleased with this item so far. I'm really impressed by how tiny this thing is, as I managed to drop it no less than 3 times since taking it out of the package.

I've found that the little yellow ejector tab can be easily popped out with your thumb nail, so if you're afraid of pushing it down while inserting into a computer or stereo, that's certainly an option.

I only wish it were slightly less expensive, or came with memory for this price. $10 for a card reader IS on the high-end.
on March 18, 2013
Ok, I gotta admit, this thing is just too cool! You can buy a MicroSD card, insert it into the metal USB connector shell of this thing, and plug it into a computer as a thumbdrive. Honestly this thing is just sooo cool.
The only thing that would make it cooler is if it were USB3.0 instead of the old-school USB2.0

I'm pleased with it. It barely sticks out from the laptop body, and gives me extra storage space.

It's sweet.
on July 3, 2013
I originally purchased this for the simple fact that it looked like a novelty. Well, let me assure you, this little guy is awesome. It works every time, and without any screwing around.
the only thing that took a little getting use to was the fact that the lanyard positions the connection in what is intuitively, up side down. Aside from that, it is flawless.
on February 22, 2013
This is a perfect way to reuse all those spare MicroSD cards that are always lying around the house. I use it in my car for MP3s. It's small enough that it looks like it was an original part of the stereo. The only caveat is the LED. It's BRIGHT. I like that it has one, but it flashes in my eyes while driving. (That's more of a gripe with the placement of the USB port on the stereo than the card reader, though.)
on December 29, 2012
After purchasing a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A) for my new Samsung Galaxy S III and not being able to get it to work in the phone I converted the card to a 64GB thumb drive using this device. I like the size and it seems to work well in every device I have tried. I am another hole driller as a cap retainer (thinks to whoever first posted that idea).