Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 28, 2014
To start, this works as it says it will. I used this for various sizes of micro SD cards without any issues. It works better than the SD slot/adapter in my laptops.

That being said, the reason I purchased this was to use in my stereo receiver USB. For some reason, this adapter didn't play well with my receiver. It would only allow a 4 GB micro SD card to work in my stereo and eventually it stopped working in my stereo all together. I plugged an actual thumb drive into my stereo and it works just fine.

This device still works fine in a computer, so it must be a power issue with my car stereo or something.
on January 10, 2013
The female USB connector I plugged this into has a slightly tight fit and it was almost impossible for me to remove this reader after plugging it in. In trying to remove it I inadvertently popped the plastic cover off the reader... The part that is NOT meant to be removed. I was able to reassemble it, but it doesn't seem designed for frequent plugging and unplugging.
on August 4, 2014
First use--SD card went into slot easily and fit securely. However, when removing the USB device from my computer the plastic end (teh black/yellow tip) became separated from the rest of the unit and the device was stuck in my USB drive on my computer. It wouldn't snap back on, and I ended up having to use pliers to get it out of the USB slot it was stuck so securely. Once I got the item out of my computer I was able to remove my SD card easily with no damage to the card, but the plastic end won't click back into place, so the item is completely broken. Disappointing.
on January 7, 2013
I have returned this product after a very frustrating morning -- tried on two separate computers, tried with microSDHC that worked on all other readers and adapters. Resulted only in lost data from the card and failed attempts at formatting. I'm not sure if this particular device was defective or not but I have returned it and will not purchase another.
on January 26, 2013
i had never seen or heard of before i brought it. But at this price i gave it a chance and it's great. Easy to use, so now i check whats on all those micro cards lying around. The fit is tight so i just leave it in 24/7.
on December 30, 2010
This device is smaller than the smallest flash drive I have ever seen on the market (the Pico USB flash drive, [...]). Although the outer case is plastic, it fits snugly and so reinforces itself.

It came without instructions and I was at first unsure whether I was tearing apart a poorly-made device or properly opening a stiff-but-well-made one. Having opened it and figured out where & how the microSD card was to be inserted, it worked very well.

Now that I know how to use it, I am extremely pleased with it. By all means, this is a good investment, even if you already have one of those cheapie adapters that are sometimes given away free with microSD cards.

Update: I fully endorse David Carswell's review, but I want to add two things:
1) The small size and tight cap make this an excellent choice if you want to carry it in your pocket. Most flash drives are long enough that they are subject to bending stress and most microSD-to-USB adapters have openings that let dirt in.
2) I'm sorry to read about problems some others have had with their adapters; in the more than two years I've had mine, I have never had a problem with it. I use mine a lot and carry it constantly, even when logging & doing heavy farm chores, because I don't want to try to find the tiny thing if I ever did leave it somewhere.
on February 3, 2012
I am unable to get this to work on my mid 2010 Macbook Pro running 10.6.8. If I watch diskutil in terminal, I can see that it is recognized for about 5 seconds. If I try to mount it during this time it will error out. I then tried mounting it in VMware Fusion using Windows XP. Same thing. Finally, I booted into Bootcamp using Windows 7 64bit. Windows 7 sees it long enough to install drivers then it disappears from the devices list. To verify that the reader works at all, I tried it in my wifes Toshiba and my sons Thinkpad. It works in both! I'm giving it two stars because it technically works, but not as advertised.

So to summarize, this device is NOT mac compatible despite the manufacturers claim.
on November 14, 2011
Yeah, I get it; these things can be subjected to a lot of wear and tear. I don't expect indestructibility, but I did expect it to last longer than six months of moderate use, especially when I hardly ever swapped the card. I agree with everything else that people love about this product, though.
on December 31, 2010
OBJECTIVE / EXECUTION
I wanted to convert my collection of old, bulky, misshapen flash drives into something more compact and versatile. This little device seemed like the perfect solution. I bought 3 or 4 considerable-capacity MicroSD cards and this card reader ; now I have a 'very' lightweight and flexible solution.

PROS
1. My favorite part is how the MicroSD cards just slide so perfectly in where the little USB plastic "stopper" usually is. Ingenious.
2. It's so small that it NEVER intrudes into the physical space of a nearby USB port (as sometimes is the case, with other flash devices, on computers where the USB ports are very close to one another).
3. The reader has a blue activity light inside its translucent casing. Totally didn't expect that (from looking at the stock photos), but a very welcome surprise.
4. Performance is top-notch. I haven't done any data x-fer benchmarks, but it seems just as fast as any other USB flash-based solution I've ever used. Unless you happen to have some critical need for extremely fast data x-fers, I can't imagine you being disappointed. Of course, if that's the case, you're probably going to be using something besides USB 2.0.

CONS
None. At least that I've found. I would absolutely recommend this very-cool device to anyone.
on December 8, 2013
Does exactly what it says it does. Data transfer is decent even with large files. It's tiny so I would suggest getting a little pouch bag for transporting. I haven't figured out how to attach the strap but it doesn't matter. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a way to turn their sd cards to usb.