5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations
Published on October 9, 2010 by Saidar

3.0 out of 5 stars Written Image too bulky, not practical for note taking
I was excited at the prospect of taking hand written notes on the ipad. The elago stylus is the first one I have purchased. I noted that the letters are not detailed and crisp and the stylus is not fine enough to effectively take notes. Also, I noted that the stylus is uncomfortably weighted with most of the weight being at the tip. It was not the natural feel of a...
Published on February 21, 2011 by Jason D. Whitaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, October 9, 2010
I was originally using the pogo stylus as it was the only one available in Australia, and wasn't all that impressed. It did the job, but tended to be rather spongy, and didn't have the greatest accuracy. In a meeting with a design company, one if the designers had the Elago stylus, which he let me use for a few minutes to test. It seemed so much better, and even with the brief time I used it, I could see the difference. Within 10 minutes after the meeting, I was googling the Elago stylus, and purchased it via amazon.

It took a while to arrive (didn't think express shipping was worth it) but when it did - oh man. I wish I'd gotten this product sooner. It glides over the iPad screen extremely smoothly, is extremely comfortable to hold (even being left handed). Comparing it to the pogo is like comparing velvety smooth icecream with crushed ice.

I don't often write reviews on products, but this one surprised me so much that I thought I had to. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better ones, October 18, 2010
I've tried the Pogo, the iClooly and this Elago stylus. There are benefits to all. I am finding lately that I use this one more for handwriting things on my iPad and iPhone, and my daughter uses it for drawing. I have a Zagg screen cover for both and this stylus glides smoothly, does not drag like some cheapo no name styluses (styli?) I picked up that also had a rubberized tip. Minimal pressure is needed, and the weight and length is good. I recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is the best, October 20, 2010
I should have believed the other reviews. After spending over $20 on others that do not flow smoothly, this one is like comparing a Lexus to a Chevy Cobalt. My only complaint is the length which should be a few inches longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stylus!, February 9, 2011
After reading the numerous other positive reviews I quickly rushed to order this stylus. Yes, of course, I also read the gripes about the minor issues aswell, and decided to order it anyway. Let's start there.

While I am fully aware that each individual will have different experiences and perspectives on said experiences I have to say I haven't experienced any issues at all with this product. The clip is not loose on my stylus and doesn't josstle or produce noise when in use. No, in fact, the clip on my Elago is tight and secure. This is not said to discredit other reviewers, but there is a chance that any "unsturdy" clip issues were noted by the company and hastily fixed? Either way, mine is fine and works well.

Secondly, the length of the Elago stylus is great. It feels much like holding a pen, what with the thickness and weight it offers. I have very long, somewhat large fingers, and this works like a dream. I can easily grip it and begin working without my fingers slipping or getting cramped. I couldn't ask for a more realistic feel than this stylus provides. Plus, it's a real "eye-catcher." The smooth black finish, the shiny chrome and the attention to detail in the design really make it stand out. It makes me feel like a professional when I'm using it. It's great.

Finally, and most importantly: USE and ACCURACY. This is more than just attractive and practically sized, it's the "destroyer of worlds" in the range of stylii. The "point" is perfectly shaped, meaning it's not flat and it's not a pencil point either. Other reviewers seemed unhappy with the size of the tip. I think we would all love to just use a pencil as a stylus but it's not yet possible, which is not the fault of Elago. The point and tip really couldn't be any smaller because the screen on whatever device (capacitive) you're using won't recognize it more than likely, due to the device requiring a "finger tip" to register it properly. I have used this on my iPod Touch and my cell phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, in case you are wondering how it works on other devices. That said, this stylus is amazing for sketching, especially for artists who use sketching programs for work and need something reliable. I don't have to "press hard" to get a response. However, if I choose to apply more pressure or decrease pressure, the stylus produces precise results depending on how much or how little pressure I apply. It's extremely accurate and doesn't "skip over" or miss strokes. This is definitely a top-of-the-line product. I even noticed a significant difference in the quality of my art since starting to use this. I absolutely highly-recommend this to anyone and everyone. Impressive product means impressive results and I'm sure you will agree.

Oh, and if you are worried about keeping the tip in perfect condition, you can put a regular pen-cap on the end over the tip to reduce damage to it in your bag, purse, pocket etc. That's what I did and it works very well. You can also use that pencap as a spare "clip" should yours break, become unsturdy etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars How could they have missed this ??, November 24, 2010
The Whale Whisperer (Southern Ocean Sanctuary) - See all my reviews
There's no reason to keep adding about the great functionality of this pen.

I have been using and have been extremely pleased with the BoxWave stylus sold on Amazon by the same seller. In my opinion, the functionality is exactly the same with the two pens. Both work amazing!

Here's the unfortunate part; The BoxWave has a nylon string and clip that plug into the headphone jack. In fact, I am looking at the pens side by side and they look 100% similar except for the string. The BoxWave has the clip as well and is $5 cheaper. I am almost sure it is the exact same device that is simply branded by each company with their own logo. I have been using the BoxWave for a few weeks and now can't possibly imagine not having the nylon string. I would have lost it a long time ago if not for this attachment.

I did not think this feature would matter much but I am now sitting with this Elago that i will never use because of the lack of the nylon.

Do yourself a favor folks and buy the BoxWave. It is the same pen and you can cut the string off if not needed.

Elago, do yourself a favor and add a string. PLEASE?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 16, 2010
I get the alure of being able to write with your finger on the ipad. But the reality of REAL note taking is that we humans are built to write with an instrument other than our finger. I guess I could have re-trained myself for several weeks...but I need to be productive NOW. I still love that I can move things around with my finger...I don't think if Apple would give in to this all would be lost...so bring on more hand writing recognition programs...PLEASE.

Bottom line on this product...I love it. I couldn't wait to open the box and as soon as I did I was sooo happy. It writes very smoothly. Now that does depend on the program you are using it with. Noteshelf is super smooth. White Note is pretty good but not as natural and intuitive to how you write now.

And someone mentioned the logo written on the side...who cares. It does not interfere with function at all. The clip on the side is fine and I am able to clip it right to the side of my ipad cover...perfect. Now I'm ready to get busy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite good!, December 15, 2010
I've only used this one, but I must tell you that I don't plan to buy another one. It's comfortable, good size, good materials and it works perfectly.

I'm a graphic designer and I've been using apps like Brushes and Sketch Pro on my iPad and I must say that I'm quite satisfied with the results. I only wish it had something to protect the tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful with one minor issue, October 4, 2010
J. A. Stewart (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Works great. It is very useful if you are eating and ipadding. It is also good for drawing or handwriting.

The only issue is the clip (it's the same kind as on a pen), can rattle a bit. Ihave two and both do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!, September 20, 2010
Me and my husnband got the iphone recently and they were our first smart phones.
soon after we realized my long nails and my husband's large fingers were very difficult to work around to send text on a touch screen keyboard.
I am thrilled with how well this works!!
Unlike any other products, this works great with very little pressure.
Plus I love the stylish design. It's slim and light weight!
I highly recommend it and I am sure you will like it!
I'm gonna get one more for my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elago Stylus Pen wit Clup - White for i-Phone 4/3GS/3G, iPad and iPod Touck, Galaxy Tab, March 6, 2012
I am very happy with the Stylus Pen I ordered and received. It is very high quality and I would order it again without hesitation. I actually ordered the pen to be used with a telephone and it works beautifully. I like the dual functions of this stylus which can also be used as a pen. I would highly recommend this supplier.