elago mobile nano ii disconnects/reconnects constantly elago Mobile Nano II USB 2.0 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Reader (Black)

Is anyone else having an issue with this reader constantly disconnecting & reconnection on its own? It's happened on two different computers (one Vista, one XP) so I know it's not my pc's. (The 8gb card I'm using in it also does not disconnect when used in another reader.)

Thanks!
asked by A. Lundy on March 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I bought two of this item over a month ago with two identical Kingston 16GB Micro SD cards. One works fine and the other disconnect/reconnects every couple of minutes, similar to yours. I checked the micro SD cards, and they both work fine in the working Elago nano. So i wonder if it's luck of the draw or if this a constant issue with some of these units.
Lawrence Botto answered on March 29, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I received this (black) yesterday and have the same issue. It disconnects and reconnects every a minute or so. I test it with two computers (one desktop and one laptop, both with windows 7) and also tried with two different micro sd cards (sandisk 1GB and sandisk 16GB). I guess mine is defective. I'm going to return it and get another one.
JINYONG YOO answered on April 20, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same problem, I thought it was my memory card but then I tried the card in another reader, No problems. The elego disconnects and reconnects.

I ran the crystal benchmark on 2 of my microsdhc cards. Much higher read speeds on the same cards in comparison to my other readers. I was surprised that the small file write scores showed that the Elgo reader was somewhat slower. Of course, it also disconnected and reconnected a couple of times.
Oliver answered on June 3, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Apr 20, 2011 2:26:09 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product