The electric power of Onkyo 809 I want to use Onkyo 809 in Singapore with electric power range 220V is it possible?
asked by Duong Hogn Duc on October 22, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
call onyko,google for number da.
Michael Robinson answered on December 5, 2011

A
votes
Not really is the short answer.
It is possible by way of using voltage converter with a min. 1000W (11A) rating to which you need to connect a computer UPS and then this 120V 7.A Onkyo receiver into that. Probably not worth the effort.
Miaroslaw W. answered on January 1, 2013

A
votes
That, is really simple. Plug it in to a converter. VERY cheap. Buy a decent one, with the capacity (Watt wise) to handle the total POSSIBLE pull of the unit). And, add at LEAST 25% to the capacity you think you need, as a safety factor. I build them, with a few extra little circuits, and I always use 50% for the safety factor, which is typical Engineering Practice.
But, a 220V to 110V down converter, is extrememly common, and can be fouind anywhere on the net. I checked, the 809 CANNOT use 220 Natively, UNLESS POSSIBLY you have got a European/Far Eastern Version, that comes 220VAC Ready. IF such is a possibility, it will say so on the back. IF you use a converter, go with minimum 1500 WATTS, I checked the Max requirements just now, added safety factor, wala 1500 watts. I DID NOT allow for Phase angle, (Induc./Capac.) this would make requirement lower a bit. Don't mess with it. BE CAREFUL, as most down converters, are UNREGULATED, this, is NOT satisfactory for quality electronics, Make CERTAIN you get one that is regulated. Probably work the other way, why take chances?
Robert M. Lundien answered on January 6, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›