4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good - here some technical info
I own this unit for about 6 weeks now, and so far it works pretty good. From my experience so far I would recommend it - here is some (hopefully) relevant info about this clock/camera:

- unit is small, but feels pretty sturdy and well-crafted

Published 5 months ago by M

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but falls short
First of all "my complements to the engineers." It's an amazing package of technology.

Regrettably my unit was damaged and the mSD showed as "not installed".

The power supply should not have an LED that lights up the room, and the USB should be one step smaller...that way one could use your own cellphone charger to continuously power it...
Published 5 months ago by Student

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good - here some technical info, January 31, 2014

- unit is small, but feels pretty sturdy and well-crafted

- I leave it plugged into an outlet - the rechargeable battery alone lasts 4 hours when recording (according to the seller), and about a day without recording (according to me)

- get a USB extension cable - the USB cord supplied does not reach an outlet close to the ground if the clock is on a table. I used a male-female USB extension.

- video resolution can be set to 640 x 480; out of the box it was 320 x 240

- video settings (resolution, video quality, night mode, etc) can be changed when you are in recording mode, and go to <monitor settings> using the volume forward or reverse buttons (thanks to Inspector Gadget for mentioning this in his review!)

- out of the box, night vision is weak - can be improved by going into <monitor settings> and set <DV night mode> to "on"; it was "off" out of the box, even though it still had some IR recording capabilities (? - not sure why) - anyway, with <DV night mode> on, you get an OK-ish quality 6-7 feet range in a completely dark room

- Mini SD card that comes with the package deal is a class 4 card

- out of the box it records 30 min clips, each clip is approx. 30-50 MB in size (for 320x240) or 200-300MB (for 640x480 in high quality) - so for an overnight recording, you would find 20+ clips, each 30 min long, in the morning (video clip length can be changed in <monitor settings> to either 10min, 30min, or 1hr)

- this also implies that you get about 15 days of continuous recording on a 16GB card on the lowest 320x240 setting; on the better 640x480 setting, your 16GB card is filled up after about 3 days.

- MAC users: this unit gives me a weird problem: when I connect it directly via USB, it keeps mounting multiple desktop icons (and by that I mean many, i.e. >10, and just keeps going). Somewhat annoying, so I just pop out the SD card, put it into an adapter and put that in my iMac. Takes 5 seconds and works nicely. Anybody else encountered this issue, with either Mac or PC?

- MAC users: there might be a difference between playing videos in QuickTime Player versus other players (VLC, MPlayerX etc) in regards to sound (make sure sound is "on" in <monitor settings>)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my family safe for a discount, January 2, 2014
I wouldn't say the product isn't without faults but what product isn't. I'm very glad I purchased this product.

My family is my number one concern. I shopped around Amazon and Google trying to find the perfect product; there is are so many options to choose from. I needed something that could get the job done but keep me from installing a complex set of wiring around my house.

I've installed the camera where many people walk by it and, let me tell you, I've found some very interesting things. Maybe that says more about my friends than about my camera but things I had suspected were certainly happening.

The easy user interface made retrieving information very easy and I actually enjoy knowing the time. I never realized how nice it is to have a clock around.

The real decision maker for me was the included SD card with an amazing amount of storage. Many of the others make you manage your own storage and it becomes a real pain if you have less than the amazing 32GB they offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crafty little device that offers continuous recording., April 9, 2014
Length:: 9:48 Mins

There is a ton of options packed into this small 3" x 1 ¾" device. The main reason I was interested in evaluating this device was the security camera feature. But I can also use this as a digital camera. And I CAN record Audio, despite the specs above saying that it can't. In my video review, I show that it does indeed record audio by itself and also along with the video it records.

I can put this anywhere, without it drawing attention to itself. It can be operated with or without a power cord, making it extremely portable. I love the fact that I can take this with me when I stay at a Hotel, and get a bird's eye view on the housekeeping staff. Do they REALLY clean my room? Are they messing with my personal belongings (prob not but...)? Now I'll be able to tell!

I like the "hidden" security settings. You have to push two buttons simultaneously to access them, which most people are not going to ever figure out. It just looks like a small clock radio. The speakers actually sounds great as well for such a small thing.

PROS:
➺ Night-Vision Recording (though limited on distance)
➺ Loop Recording
➺ Continuous Recording
➺ Hidden Recording
➺ Digital Camera
➺ Audio Recording
➺ Motion Detection
➺ 16GB MicroSD card
➺ Good sized digital display

CONS:
➺ The IR Leds don't put out that great of night vision in my opinion unless, what you are recording is within about 3-4 feet or so. But, I won't be using it for that anyways, because I have actual Security Cameras that cover this need.

➺ For some reason, I had difficulty getting the unit to play my uploaded .mp4 video files. Tech support is looking into this for me and I'll update this review with my findings, though I won't be using this feature much anyways.

Overall, it's a handy device that I will get much use from and it does what I need it to do.

I received a product sample for review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice camera that is easily disquised by the speaker/clock ability, February 1, 2014
This review is from: enKo Products® 4 in 1 - Mini Hidden Camera , Clock , Radio and Speaker with Built in LCD Monitor and INFRARED Night Vision for Home Security (Electronics)
I bought this camera about a month ago. It has worked very well. If you are concerned with hiding it in plain sight put that worry aside. Since it is a fully functional speaker all you have to do is use it for that feature around those that might notice it. It also has a clock setting so it should not raise any suspicion. The video quality is pretty good for a stealth camera. Audio is also very good. You can hold the ESC button and it looks like it is completely off minus the blue light on bottom (see below). I would recommend this item if you want an HD camera that does not need to be hidden.

Cons:
There is a blue LED light on the base that I can't find a way to turn off and it brings un-needed attention and is annoying if it is near your bed and you want to sleep. I had to resort to putting black duct tape on the bottom but it peels away a lot due to the product finish. Being a stealth security cam you should be able to disable a bright blue light!

Also the product has a web cam feature which would be a great excuse in case anyone noticed the camera and wondered why. It would be a perfect excuse for a college product with MP3 speaker and a web cam combo. But to get to the web cam feature you have to go into the hidden menu where the normal record function is. The web cam function should be on the main menu so you could put minds at ease of why a cam is on it. Wasted opportunity there.

Tip:
Do not eject the SD card from the back without powering down. It will corrupt the last file and you will lose the footage.

Go into menu and increase all video settings to the highest it is totally worth it.

Don't think the IR mode is going to provide much in way of details. It isn't like the Paris Hilton tape mode ha.

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but falls short, February 25, 2014

Regrettably my unit was damaged and the mSD showed as "not installed".

Lastly the battery doesn't last long either.

If it had worked, I'd have kept it.

The next version should be a direct hit.

I'm going with:
R-Tech PIR Sensor Hidden Covert CCTV Camera with 1/3" Sony Super HAD Color CCD, 650TVL, 3.7mm Pinhole Lens for Security Surveillance System
Sold by R-TECH

4.0 out of 5 stars GOT EM!!!, March 2, 2014
I had a down stairs neighbor breaking into my house and stealing pills. I wasn't sure if I was out of my mind or if they just kept getting fewer and fewer. I purchased this item and set it up in the living room. The first day it was set up I caught him coming up the stairs and greeting my dogs then proceed to go through my house. My little cam got him red handed. I was extremely pleased! The cam is a bit tough to navigate and I wasn't aware there was no motion sensor but it has plenty of record time (32 Gig SD not included) and can be put in a recording loop so that after a couple of days of recording the cam will ditch off old files to make room for new ones. The cam has a great picture and sound! The night vision is awesome too. I most of all love the way I can review my recording on the built in screen. The only reason it got 4 stars and not 5 is because of the lack of motion sensor and the difficult navigation through the menu. It's totally worth the price I paid.

3.0 out of 5 stars one major issue, February 7, 2014
This thing is truly very cool. I initially noticed that the labeling for the buttons was not parallel to the buttons themselves and was thinking, oh jeez, this is a POS. However, it is really well done and you can tell it was very well thought out by someone. I was disappointed that the the slot for the memory card is totally visible on the back, but I don't think it matters at all. There is absolutely no way anyway anyone would ever pickup on the fact that it's a camera. The MAJOR issue is that it doesn't have motion activated video recording, so I'm returning it. I figured that was automatic on something like this, no? Otherwise, to find something you're looking for, you essentially have to review all the relevant footage looking for it?!?! Major flaw. However, I just read a post that within a couple months a new one with motion activated recording will be available. I'll be purchasing it immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suburban 007, May 8, 2014
I received this clock/media player/007 tool as a gift and was immediately and completely confused. I am, as much as I hate to admit it sometimes, and Apple kid. I revel in things that are simple. I’m simple. I like simple. Sadly, espionage is not simple nor is it iOS based. The clock, to it’s credit, has a great build quality bright display, and a VERY easy to use decoy menu. Did I also mention that as an Apple kid, I don’t know how to read instruction manuals? Turns out that this isn’t actually THAT confusing, but you do need to take this little booklet out which they called “instructions” and read them carefully. Upon reading the little instruction booklet, this product became infinitely easier to use! The menus are surprisingly intuitive, even if you’re an idiot like me. The video record options are plentiful and all work wonderfully! The infrared option, especially, works really great. In addition to doing everything it said it would and then some, it came with a really solid pair of headphones.. not the normal, touch and break kind that come with most products lately. Battery life is exceptionally long, especially if you’re just letting it do its thing and not playing mp3’s, videos, or using the built in fm radio. And lets be honest, you aren’t buying this to do any of those things.

Sadly, the only downside to this product is that I have nothing interesting for it to look at yet. I have a feeling that there are currently about 18 hours of footage of me in a bath robe folding laundry and answering emails. It’s not easy being a secret agent in the suburbs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool product, March 1, 2014
Of all the products I bought, i think this is very cool.
- works like a webcam, radio, camera ...

However, i havent been able to test battery life and motion sensing video

documentation is sparse. there is a hidden menu which can be used by pressing both volume keys at once.
this was not written anywhere but i guessed it as that is the same for my smartphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Helpful Device to Have, January 14, 2014
I have had this for a few days and it has helped. I had started to misplace a lot of little things such as keys, or change, etc. I wanted to figure it out and after using this I figured out it was my dog. It's a helpful tool, I would recommend it very much.

Rate and Discover Movies