Acer Iconia Tab W500-BZ467 10.1-Inch Tablet (Silver)
Used & New from: $205.00
How do you enable bluetooth on the W500? I purchased the Acer W500 tablet, however I can not figure out how to enable bluetooth. I went into "Devices and Printers > Add Device" option and turned on bluetooth on my HTC Evo smartphone, but it does not detect it (I make the smartphone bluetooth "discoverable" with the 120 second countdown). I also downloaded the bluetooth drivers from the Acer support website and downloaded those/ installed/ rebooted, thinking that the Windows 7 update might have overwrote them. However, no luck in getting my bluetooth to work.
Is there a button I'm supposed to be pressing somewhere on the unit? Any replies from anyone who has this tablet and has been able to get bluetooth to work would be greatly appreciated!
asked by Adam Walder on June 13, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
put your five fingers on the screen to bring up the acer ring. touch the center button "Devices" to bring up the wifi / bluetooth enble function.
O. Yeng answered on June 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Appreciate the response! I actually got it to work last night before seeing your reply. I had reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers from the Acer website. I had turned off the unit two days ago and turned it back on yesterday and suddenly the bluetooth icon was showing up in my system tray and Windows 7 said it had installed the drivers. I was able to sync the tablet with my cellphone and can now get internet wirelessly from my phone at 4G speed - AWESOME!
Adam Walder answered on June 15, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What phone are you using via bluetooth? will any phone with bluetooth work?
why would you need or want to use phone instead of wifi?
quiltkrzy answered on July 7, 2011

A
I am using an HTC Evo 4G. I'm assuming that any phone with bluetooth and a 3G or 4G connection will work if you can install PDANet on that phone since PDANet is the software needed to have your phone's internet work with the tablet. You would want to use your phone's internet instead of wi-fi for many scenarios, but most common would be that you can use your phones internet in places where free wi-fi is unavailable but your phones internet is available (for example, the middle of a park, in a car, etc.).
Adam Walder answered on July 8, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Jul 8, 2011 6:50:33 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›