Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
asked by rufous on August 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Garmin did put in the SD Card slot on the side. When I connected the GPS to my computer it said I didn't have enough memory. I just used a SD card rather than delete anything. Haven't finished downloading updates yet. Tried last night but it said it would take 15 hours. I'll try to finish tonight. I agree with you, there should have been something said in the description. Oh, well.
Johnette answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, AV-phile. But I already did just that...jettisoned languages + other extras on advice from google search. Still "not enough memory." Bummer. Just received 4GB microSD card + adapter. Hope this works for future map updates.
rufous answered on September 7, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So what is the answer to the question? Is there enough memory for the "lifetime" of free updates without the need for an SD Card and the adapter or not? If not, then why doesn't it say anything about this in the description of the product? Why didn't Garmin make this unit with an SD Card slot if a card is necessary? And what about maps covering Alaska and Canada?? Are there extra charges for those as well? Come on, Garmin. I really expected more from you than leaving these questions unanswered.
AK Bad Boy answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks Johnette. I appreciate the info. I've gotten so much conflicting information on Garmin GPS systems that it boggles the mind. 15 hours to update?? Holy smokes~!!!~ That's longer than it takes to complete updates on a brand new laptop. I would gladly have paid an additional few bucks for a CD version of their latest and save myself an entire day of "baby sitting", but as you said, "Oh well". I placed my order and I expect it in within a few days. Hopefully I'll have it updated by the time I leave AK for AZ for Thanksgiving. Thanks again. :)
AK Bad Boy answered on October 22, 2012

A
As a side note, I bought mine the end of Ocotber 2012. I just did the latest map and software updates a couple of weeks ago (early January 2013) and they installed just fine without the need for an extra memory card and if fact it told me that there was over a gig of empty memory left.
AK Bad Boy answered on January 27, 2013

A
If you delete foreign languages from the unit it'll have enough memory for map updates... google search it - easy to do!!
AV-phile answered on September 1, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product