Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

A few errors, just to name some of many:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2011 5:26:06 PM PDT
GlassAgate says:
>> the fear of scientific innovation

Liberals have never been fearful of scientific innovations.
The only thing that she could possibly mean is that they are
fearful of "curing the gay". Of course, the whole idea is BS
to start with, nothing but a bunch of homophobic,
closet cases who suppress their inner self. There are no
ex-gays, just bisexuals who were duped by Christian fanatics.

>> right-wing hate groups

The "family" groups that she is possibly referring to spread
lie after lie, most of them very damning, about the gay
community. One classic is "Did you know that the majority
of homosexuals are pedophiles?". Where that comes from was
a study of convicted pedophiles. Of those studied, the majority
of them only had relations with someone of the same sex.
This same lie may one day lead to the leaders of Uganda to be
charged with crimes against humanity, as well as Scott Lively
being charged as an accessory.

>> .....heirs to the American Revolution, have regularly stood for >> peaceable order.

She makes it sound like the leaders of the American Revolution were non-violent, like Gandhi, but they weren't. They spilled
plenty of blood.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 12:23:19 PM PDT
Many of the negative comments above comments reinforce the wisdom of the old saying that it is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought to be ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt. The negative comments above purport to find error in "Demonic" but instead merely reveal the ignorance and errors of the commenters themselves. I suspect their authors read blurbs about the book instead of the book itself, and if they read the book, they did not keep and open mind.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 8:47:09 AM PDT
Mark, agreed. They can't focus on the point of the book, which is MOBS.

For example, it would be amusing to hear them try to explain why David Horowitz cannot speak on campus without special security details. I imagine Angela Davis could just waltz right in with no thought at all for security.

For decades, leftist mobs (!) on campus (!) have been physically and verbally attacking anyone they disagree with. Way to show your respect for freedom and the First Amendment, jerks.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 2:12:18 PM PDT
L. S. Dowdy says:
The reason we don't focus on the "point of the book" is because the premise is so idiotic and far-fetched it doesn't merit discourse. Ann tries to draw some convoluted line from the French Revolution to the KKK to present day liberals. All the while conflating "liberal" with "Democrat". Obviously she's misleading when talking about democrats pre-Civil Rights Act and the Southern Strategy. I know that the right is impervious to history but it would be nice if they would read some before reading an Ann Coulter "book".

Of course the KKK were Democrats in the South after the Civil War. Lincoln was a Republican. But that is a far, far, cry from them being liberals, they were most definitely not liberals.

As for the French Revolution, it has absolutely nothing, zilch, zero, to do with present-day American politics. Most people couldn't even tell you when it took place or who was involved.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2011 12:42:30 PM PDT
D. Glass says:
Well put, Sir.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2011 8:01:05 PM PDT
Jay says:
Calling the racist Southerners and the KKK leftist is a total lie. They might have been mainly Democrats but were no liberals or leftist. As a matter of fact, they were the most god fearing Christian, patriotic, love it or leave it type of redneck Americans, that is why almost all of them are teabaggers or worse these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2011 8:07:43 PM PDT
Jay says:
Did it ever occur to your little mind that not everyone is a leftist or even a liberal just because they disagree with the teabag talk radio trash politics that Ann espouses? I heard her on Hannity today, as he was sucking up to her (ok, an unknown guest host), and she said Timothy McVeigh was a leftist because he was an atheist. She finds one little point to differ on with someone else then she solemnly pronounces them LEFTISTS. I guess The Russian Czars and Genghis Khan were leftists too. since they didn't believe in tax cuts or something dumb like that. I read a few chapters of her crap here and there and it is the same old hate liberal rubbish she has been churning out for years, She knows what you saps want to read and serves it up hot and steamy, but rancid. In the end with her, it's all about the money, just like some crummy rapper.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2011 11:53:09 PM PDT
Actually, most of them are dead "these days." I'm sorry that you don't like the idea that the racist Southern rednecks were Democrats, but there you are. George Wallace, Bull Connor et al are YOUR gang, after all.

It's easy to see you've never been to a Tea Party meeting of any sort. You just cringe in your little corner and spit hatred.

I notice that you use "Christian" in a negative way. What do you think about Muslims? If you're a typical leftist idiot, you LIKE Muslims and HATE Christians.

The last time I checked, it was still quite legal to be patriotic and Christian. I'm not a Christian but I am quite sure that this nation was founded as a Christian nation. I am a patriot, though -- something else that seems to drive you up the wall. Not only THAT, I think Keynesian economics is known to be wrong, and the guy in the White House is a Luddite fool.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 4:44:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 28, 2011 5:59:44 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 4:49:36 AM PDT
Jay says:
I have read parts of the book, and it is the same crap she always writes, You sound like one of her typical little fans, you are so stupid and fanatical, you act she is never wrong, so fluff off. Anyone who takes Ann seriously has a closed little mind, they are the mindless dittoheads and teabaggers of today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 7:30:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2011 7:30:50 AM PDT
Jay, you're not very good at reading. I clearly stated that I am not a Christian, but there you are spewing nonsense about "my crappy hypocritical faith." I repeat, I am not a Christian, but I think everyone can profit from books like Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy.

Then again, I don't think you read OR think very well. Obama complains that jobs are being lost to ATMs, and he's NOT A LUDDITE?? Do you know what the word means?? Forget the fact that ATMs started appearing around 1970, which is FORTY YEARS AGO; complaining about jobs being lost to automation is the core idea of the Luddites. Obama joined them.

And you still dare to slander half your countrymen as "teabaggers?" Watch out. The elections next year are really going to hurt you, and hurt you bad.

How dare you sling mud at Christians (as a group)? How dare you sling mud at patriots (as a group)? How dare you call millions of your fellow Americans "stupid paranoid crackpots?"

I reserve that kind of language for the "Truthers." By the way, did you know that almost half of all Democrats think there was something "suspicious" about 9/11? If you're looking for paranoid crackpots, you might take a look around you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 1:42:09 PM PDT
Jay says:
I am not here to defend the Truthers or even the Democratic Party. I am not sure what Obama said about ATMs or the context he framed it in. But there are no plans from him or anyone else to remove them. So your Luddite claim is rather specious, to be charitable. Last time I checked he uses all the up to date modern stuff that most of the rest of the US uses. And if you aren't a Christian, then I apologize, But it is usually Xtians who lie about how we are a Christian Nation.

Fact is, I am a patriot too, Except I am not some knee-jerk jingoist bigot like so many of your fellow teabaggers. And yes, I think teabaggers are the same bunch of paranoid neo-theo-cons who have been around for years. They are nothing more than the conservative wing of the GOP.

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 7:25:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2011 7:46:02 AM PDT
I read most of the comments here and the ones that made the most sense were written by people (MLP and GP) who liked Ann's book. I have noticed that the comments that were negative towards Ann's book were made by people, who not only don't like Ann's book, but don't seem to like their fellow man as well, especially if their fellow man happens to disagree with them. They throw out such hate filled and loaded terms as teabaggers, knee-jerk jingoist bigot, Luddite claim, paranoid neo-theo-cons (whatever that is), mindless dittoheads, stupid and fanatical, closed little mind, same crap she always writes, contards, Limbo (short for Limbaugh, I believe), child's grasp of history, right wing scum, teabag trash radio talk, backwards fundy version (I have no idea), shallow mind, crappy hypocritical faith, redneck Xtians, stupid paranoid crackpots, backwards non thinker, you saps, and on and on and on. This was just a partial list of some of the hateful terms made by just one self loathing person. (I say self loathing because anyone who uses such multiple and repeated hateful terms, is usually indicative of someone who not only hates others, but himself as well.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2011 10:16:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2011 10:25:45 AM PDT
Jay says:
Yes, you are totally brainwashed and ignorant, your little mind needs that sort of hateful rubbish she writes so you can maintain some fantasy of moral and intellectual superiority when like her and most of her fans, you are an ignorant, banal hateful little con yourself.

Like the old John Cougar song, "You're stupid and uneducated, your opinion means nothing". Your comments had the intellectual weight equivalent to what some twelve year old teeny bopper would post about her latest pop star idol.

But thanks for reminding me to un-follow this thread too, so my inbox doesn't collapse under the weight of your smug idiocy. If I need to hear fools trying to sound intelligent, I'll turn on Hannity or Rush.

Adios, my shallow little con.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2011 1:35:11 PM PDT
Jay has bid us adieu. May I bid him adeiu too? Okay, I will. Jay, this is for you: "GRTBR!"

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 1:01:48 PM PDT
Looks like I got the last word. In the words of Obama, "I won, you lost". No Obama, you won and the American people lost!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 3:39:03 PM PDT
L. S. Dowdy says:
Yawwwwwn...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 4:43:59 PM PDT
GlassAgate says:
>> Looks like I got the last word. In the words of Obama, "I won, you lost". No Obama,
>> you won and the American people lost!

What policies, since 2008, have been detrimental to the people?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 6:52:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 7:22:56 PM PDT
Let me see, how may I count the ways.

Health Care, AKA Obama Care, a total failure so far and something the Country doesn't want. Also, stimulus spending that was supposedly required to help the economy. Instead, it worsened the economy and put our Country even further into debt. Refusal to unleash domestic drilling, so we can become truly energy independent.

Aiding his political favorites like the unions, while punishing bond holders of GM and Chrysler. Fund raising and campaigning while he is supposed to tend to the Country's business. Appointing friends and accomplices as Czars with extraordinary powers without the approval of Congress. Conducting a war (in Libya) without the approval of Congress (after sixty days).

Living the life Riley and spending taxpayer money on expensive vacations for himself and his family, while the rest of us are hurting. No concrete plans to end the war against Iraq and Afghanistan and instead gets us embroiled in a third war with Libya, also with no end or objective in sight. Not understanding Basic Economics 101, i.e., raising taxes, kills jobs.

Not leading the Country from the front, instead, insisting on leading it from behind. (No budget, no plans to reduce the deficit, constantly criticizing his political opponents instead of working with them and ignoring them altogether until they took over Congress in 2010.)

Worst thing he that he did: He spent borrowed money up the wazoo with nothing but debt to show for it. He is the equivalent of a drunken sailor. (I don't mean to insult drunken sailors.)

As Al Gore once infamously said: Everything that is supposed to be up, is down. (Home prices, personal savings, standard of living, school scores.) Everything that is supposed to be down is up. (Unemployment, cost of living, inflation, Gold, crime, poverty.) Miraculously, the stock market is doing fair and interest rates are being kept, thanks to Bernanke, artificially low)

That was just off the top of my head. There is more, much more.

One good thing he did: Thanks to policies set up by George W. Bush, he was able to get bin Laden. (Or at least he was able to give the order, while others did the heavy lifting.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 7:30:11 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 7:56:27 PM PDT
L. S. Dowdy says:
I don't have time to respond to all of those Fox News talking points you posted so I'll just deal with the last lie that you told. The Bush Administration disbanded the unit tasked to hunt Osama Bin Laden in 2007. When Obama took office he made it a priority from day one to get OBL and he did it, despite the failures of George W. Bush.

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 8:53:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 13, 2011 11:01:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 9:01:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 9:04:13 PM PDT
One more thing about Obama. The man shows his lack of character every day he unfortunately spends in office. Not only does he bend the truth by needlessly scaring retired people and vets as he did today, he also continues to blame everything that has gone wrong with his failed administration on George W. Bush. I'm embarrassed that out of over 350 million citizens, he is the we chose to lead us. All I can say is, don't blame me, I voted for Sarah Palin. (Yes, I know Sarah Palin did not run for president, John McCain did. If you prefer I'll say, don't blame me, I held my nose and voted for McCain.)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 9:09:58 PM PDT
L. S. Dowdy says:
As Ronald Reagan used to say "Facts are stubborn things."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article682992.ece

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 9:27:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 9:33:52 PM PDT
Dowdy, I'm surprised a big Lib such as yourself would quote Ronald Reagan. (I would not be surprised if you quoted the son, Ron Reagan.) May I return the favor and quote Obama? Thank you I will. Obama refused to vote in favor of raising the debt ceiling in 2006 as Senator. He said, in so many words, raising the debt ceiling would be irresponsible and a failure of leadership. Facts are stubborn things as Reagan said, but old sound bites, recorded for posterity, are sometimes embarrassing things.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America
Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America by Ann Coulter (Hardcover - June 7, 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars (552)