5.0 out of 5 stars Longest lasting polish I've ever used
This is by far the longest lasting nail polish I have ever used.

I love nail polish, but it seems that whenever I use it, within a day it is chipped. I have been given professional manicures as a gift several times as well, and each time, I get a chip or a smudge within 24 hours.

Recently, I picked up Essie at my local store because it was on sale,...
Published on June 22, 2011 by aspiemom

1.0 out of 5 stars a total rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published 14 months ago by Ariel Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Longest lasting polish I've ever used, June 22, 2011
aspiemom (illinois, usa) - See all my reviews
This is by far the longest lasting nail polish I have ever used.

Recently, I picked up Essie at my local store because it was on sale, and I liked the ballet slipper color. When I got it home and applied it, I realized that it goes on nearly clear. I put it on Friday to try out the color, thinking I would redo it for a wedding on Saturday. To my surprise, it looked fresh on Saturday. I have now had the polish on for 5 days, and there is not a single chip, even though I have been doing cleaning, gardening, etc. I have a job interview today, and it seems pointless to redo my nails because the 5 day old manicure is absolutely perfect! I will certainly buy Essie again!

1.0 out of 5 stars a total rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, June 26, 2013
Ariel Blue (Bethlehem, PA) - See all my reviews
this is not the real color or something has been done to it. Or it is really really old. I ordered 2 different colors and they are both the same and the color is a like watered down and very brownish yellowish stuff. I have ordered 1 of the colors from essie themselves and wow. do not order from this place. the picture is not what i have. the description is not what i have. i am furious. How can u do business like this?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great color, June 4, 2011
I love the Ballet Slipper shade. It looks very natural and neat. At times, it's streaks a bit, thus why I didn't give it 5 stars. Great color!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tampered!, February 7, 2013
Do not buy from this seller. I only use Essie nail polish as I love the quality of their products. However, the polish that I received from this seller is thin and of subpar quality. I suspect that, much like many cheap nail salons around, they diluted the mixture to fill and sell more bottles. My nails are already chipping and I've only been wearing this color for two days now. Usually, my polish lasts upwards of seven days. Very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watery, March 31, 2013
The polish is runny/watery, and won't stay on very well....
I can't be certain if this is real Essie or not, because none of my other Essie bottels are this runny.
The color is great though

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect color for everyday wear, November 28, 2011
This is the perfect color for professionals to wear during the week. It adds just enough color to make your nails look "done" without calling attention to them. I read somewhere that Essie herself usually wears this color to work. This is a classic I will continue to wear for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great polish!!!, April 25, 2009
I never write review but I felt like I needed to do this for this product. It is one of the best polishes that I have bought, the color is absolutely amazing, goes on smoothly and lasts well. I will be comming back to Essie to try the other colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Translucent and clean, February 21, 2011
Read the title. It's what I wanted in a white and what I got. If your nails are clean and long enough, just two coats will give you the faux french manicure effect (sounds bad, looks good).

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 11, 2012
I was so disappointed by this product. I experienced so many problems with it: it streaks, it is thin and drippy, it dries so quickly there is no room for error when using it, and most of all, after 4 coats it still did not achieve the lovely light pink color that shows in the bottle. I won't buy this product again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great...but a lil uneven, April 10, 2012
It's an off white-ish color. Just what I was looking for. My only problem is that it goes on kinda streaky. I apply two coats and it evens out somewhat with the 2nd coat, but not enough. Maybe I'm applying the coats too thin. Maybe I need to add a little nail enamel thinner to my bottle. From a distance, it looks amazing and very flattering against my brown skin. Up close, there's room for improvement due to the streaks. I see that some people use this shade for a more natural looking French manicure. As of this writing, I've only used it for full-nail coverage. Other than that it stays on pretty well as do all of my other Essie polishes.

essie nail colours, BRANDIE ALEXANDER