Thanks you everybody. All your suggestions were very helpful and I am now enjoying my new Otterbox with my new Kindle Fire inside.
[UPDATED] asked by Cynthia K. Eisler on December 12, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
the best way to see how this is done is to look at the video on youtube, the video will actually walk you through it step by step. type in the below statement and the link will pop up on youtube.

otterbox kindle fire 8.9 care instruction
David answered on December 12, 2012
Comments (2) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is really simple to install the kindle into the case. First remove the back cover plate by pulling on the corners. Once off, the is a soft silicon ring that surounds the edges. Use a fingernail to pry it away and remove it completely. Once done, there are 4 clasps (2 on each side) that you need to pop open. At that point, the two halves will separate. Place the kindle in the middle and reverse the process.

There are also videos on YouTube that you can search for that will demonstrate the process.
Ronald R. Davis answered on December 12, 2012
Comments (2) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Take off the rubber outside...unsnap the two plastic halfs....then put in you tablet making sure you have it the right way with the notch cut for the camera....snap the 2halfs togethet ....put back on the rubber outside boom your done.....its very easy
Dave.Y answered on December 12, 2012
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The YouTube video is helpful--I went on-line to OtterBox.com and their directions pamphlet is available. I did receive a little pamphlet with the Otter-Box as well--you might check with them to see if they left it out.
I was initially confused with this set-up, but it is actually quite easy. Take all three pieces apart--the outer cover/stand comes off easily. Then the front and protective cover is a little more difficult. I was looking for a click or some place for the two pieces to come apart. My "duh" feeling came when I finally realized that all you do is separate the rubberized back and cover by sliding your thumbs around the entire edge where they meet. Once you do this and put your Kindle in the holder it is simple to replace the two pieces making sure to work with the back to bring it back into place. I found it a little stiff, but then realized that I had put it on upside down so the holes didn't match up.
Now that I have used this cover/stand for a 10 days I am even more of a devotee of the Otter Box. This is SO SAFE and can take a real beating without messing up my Kindle. Good Luck with your installation!
LUCINE answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello Everyone, I just got home and you all beat me to the punch on the Otterbox instructions. Enjoy
FLH answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product