Customer Discussions > Red forum

Why is everyone so shocked about this album's sound?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2012 2:16:17 AM PDT
Speak Now which was a great album was very pop in most spots. Did people forget about songs like "Better Than Revenge" and "Haunted"?? Those were not country songs at all. Many people praised her last album but some are really hating this one.

I heard long samples on iTunes and I must say that I want this album badly. Taylor has just ditched most of her country sound. Many of the songs still sound good though. So if you like pop music I'd say you'd be doing yourself a favor in picking this album up. Her lyrics still shine!

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:03:45 PM PDT
Mr. x says:
The only Taylor Swift album I truely "LOVE" is her first album. Even back then she wanted to go more toward "Pop' with songs like "The Outside".

"Fearless" I thought was probably her "best album" but then again, I thought it was going more toward pop.

Hated "Speak Now" and this new album.

Not suprised though - like you said - her last album had a LOT of pop elements. What really disappoints me the most is that she is not - how should I put it - "Expanding" on her lyrical topic.... love gone wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:56:45 AM PST
Fair enough, Mr. X. I can understand that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red
Red by Taylor Swift (Audio CD - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (940)