Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
asked by Nichole Y. Johnson on November 16, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Your first publishing is free, it is included in the cost when you buy the product. You can order extra copies of the story for an additional cost. Sorry, I don't remember the exact cost of those. You would have to buy the starter kit for every story you want to make. The supplies inside are only good for one story. Hope that helps.
Palmtat7 answered on November 19, 2007
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The first kit includes the price of the publishing for one book. http://www.creationsbyyou.com/ will tell you how much you would have to pay for additional copies of the same book, or you could order new kits (They make them for adults too) You can design your pages from the website (MUCH QUICKER THAN DOING BY KIT!!) and pay right on their site. Hope this helps!
Miss Phitt answered on December 12, 2007
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sherri A. St John answered on November 24, 2007
Comment | 10 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Everything is included in the cost of the kit to make a book from a story. Extra books of that story cost 18.95. If you want to make another book from another child's story, you need to buy another kit. You can order extra replacement pages at
http://www.creationsbyyou.com/kit/IlluStory.asp#ReplacementItems
However, you do get six extra story pages for mistakes.
Have fun!
cb answered on October 5, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Staples does this now - not sure of the price
The Wanderer answered on October 2, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lulu is not really set up for young kids... no drawing tool per se, nor do you have the option to do it the old fashion way with markers on paper, whereupon it is mailed to the company for typing and binding. And in small quantities, for a hardback book, I believe making a book through Creations by You is still cheaper. All return shipping is included.
cb answered on December 15, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just looked up the price for copies. They are $18.95 a piece. It states if you order 5 or more books you will get a discount. I sent a private e-mail to see how much of a discount on 10 or 20 books. When I find out I will let you know!

I think this is a great idea. I am an adult that has written 2 children's books and it is taking FOREVER to get them published so I'll do it myself. Then order copies to sell if not too expensive.
Cassie Mae answered on November 28, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You should take a look at www.lulu.com if you want to publish your own book. Very easy and a lot cheaper!
Dee answered on December 12, 2008
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
An MP3 Player is not a ridiculous gift for a 6 year-old. My son is getting IlluStory for his B-Day and he has an iPod Touch as well. One thing does not affect the other! The world now offers us many possibilities and I am sure kids that have parents aware of what is around will be successful and learn to use all the tools they need now and in the future!
Adriana P. Portella answered on February 7, 2009
Comment | 2 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I still don't get how much it's going to cost each time. I mean do you have to buy the whole thing everytime you want to make a book. It doesn't make sense. I would like to get this for my daughter but I just can't get a straight answer on what kind of expense is involved.
S. L. Brown answered on November 23, 2007
Comment | 0 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product