has any one experienced screen glare on this LG 47lm7600 or the 55 inch screen size, as from lighting close by from a lamp or even in daylight ?
asked by JRK24 on October 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
There is some glare not unlike a computer screen but it has not bothered me, some people it might.
Review Maven answered on October 16, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the 47, yes there is some glare. Its worse than a matte screen but not as bad as some other glossy screens I have seen. During the day with a bunch of ambient light I turn the backlight up to about 70 or 80 and its not a problem. At night I generally turn off all my lights and turn down the backlight to 20 or 30 for the best experience.
Nick answered on October 16, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A lamp near by will cause a glare..i use mine in the finished cellar with recessed lighting...no glare.
Eireannach answered on October 16, 2012

A
Yes. I have to control lighting in the room. I normally have to close the blinds because with even indirect bright sunlight the glare is strong.
Citizen John answered on October 16, 2012

A
I haven't noticed any problems. If there is glare, there is nothing more serious than what I would expect from a comparable television or as with a computer screen, as was mentioned. I watch it in the daylight and at night time with recessed lighting and have had zero issues.
Chicago Book Addict answered on October 16, 2012

A
When I had this TV there was glare from our lamp in the living room when we watched at night. The technical solution was to turn off the lamp. :)
Amazon Customer answered on October 16, 2012

A
Yes big time if viewed at an angle.
William H. Kohm answered on October 16, 2012

A
55", And yes with some glare. However I must admit we have it located in a sunny room, and I think any TV that would be placed in that location would have the same result. It's not noticeable when we darken the room or @ night.
J. Whitcomb answered on October 16, 2012

A
Yes, there is a little glare and reflecting, but it's not nearly as bad as a plasma screen. It's not quite as remarkable as LG makes it out to be with their semi matte screen covering, but I personally find it to be more than acceptable. I hardly even notice it after having it in my home for a few weeks. We live in Arizona, so there's LOTS of sun and big windows in our home. Hope this helps answer your question!
R. Voorhees answered on October 16, 2012

A
Yes there is more glare than I expected and I have tried turning the screen at different angles and angling the blinds.
Tech Not answered on October 21, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product