Do I need to hook up external power source for each speaker separately or does it drive the power source from the receiver via the cable?Any spl cable required?
[UPDATED] asked by M. MANICKAM on February 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
No. The only thing that is powered is the sub-woofer. You should be able to hook each of the smaller speakers into the Right & left channel, center, and right and left surround. The Sub-woofer is powered, but that's all. Use the set-up menu once everything is plugged in to adjust your speakers and you should be all set.
Jonathan Brown answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Only the subwoofwer is powered separately, the other 5 speakers derive power off your receiver.
D. Vogt answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The subwoofer (the big black speaker) is powered seperately. The remaining 5 speakers are power via the receiver. The subwoofer also has its own on/off button and volume control.
Michael Quigley answered on February 12, 2013

A
The subwoofer requires an outlet because it is powered and also an spl cable from receiver to sub (which is provided). The other speakers are powered by your receiver via the stereo cable (which is also provided).
Edward Presnell answered on February 12, 2013

A
Wire for the speakers are provided with the speakers. You need to cut to length. All the speakers then hookup to the receiver. The receiver should have a clip or knob area that you snap or wrap the other end of the wire to from each speaker. There are at least 6 clips or knobs depending on the receiver you have. Mine has knobs. I cut the wire to length for distance of each speaker and the front speakers, of course, were shorter as is the sub-woofer. I only know I have a receiver to hook them up to. I received the receiver as a gift and purchased these new black speakers to go with my new receiver. Hope this helps.
Anne/Mema answered on February 13, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The subwoofer plugs in to 120 V outlet and then everything else Hooks up straight to the receiver. No special cables are required.
Paganwolfe answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Only the subwoofer has a power cable. The rest, the speaker cables directly to the receiver output
Lis tent ome answered on February 14, 2013

A
They are standalone speakers. Just the subwoofer needs power.
Michael J Moody answered on February 20, 2013

A
No, you do not need a power source for all speakers. You will need a power source for the sub-woofer, but that is all.
M. Madsen answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›