5.0 out of 5 stars The Only PDF Reader You'll Ever Need!
WARNING UPDATE: 01/05/12
Published on December 1, 2011 by AnotherWindowsBlog

2.0 out of 5 stars Developer not updating app here but one in Android Market!!
Well I'll give a fair review with Pros and applicable drawbacks or Cons for this app.

Published on March 18, 2012 by A. D. Nguyen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only PDF Reader You'll Ever Need!, December 1, 2011
WARNING UPDATE: 01/05/12
For some odd reason, this PDF reader crashes a lot after the recent Kindle Fire update. Specifically, the app crashes whenever you're reading a PDF document, turn off the Kindle Fire (not shut down) and return later. After a short while, the app will crash and bring you back to the main document selection screen. This has never happened prior to the Kindle Fire update. The good news about this crash (if you can call it that) is that while you are taken back to the initial document selection menu page, you can pick up right where you left off by simply re-selecting the document you was reading prior to the crash and you'll be right back in business. Hopefully a future update will address this issue.

WARNING UPDATE: 02/02/12
After using ezPDF Reader with the newest Kindle Fire update (6.2.2), I can say that the problem with the recent crashes I was experiencing above is no longer present.

--------------------------------------

I have the Kindle Fire and the built-in PDF reader in just plain horrible. I'm not even going to go into the details but just trust me, it's not ideal for reading long PDF books and documents. Being that I bought the Kindle Fire mainly to read PDF documents and technical ebooks, I was highly disappointed. When I found out that you can easily sideload apps to the device, I was giddy with joy because I was sure there would be at least one free PDF app out there that would satisfy my needs.

PDF reading apps I have tried on the Kindle Fire so far:

Adobe Reader (no sideload required)
Aldiko
Documents to Go (no sideload required, got it free from Amazon's app-of-the-day)
APV PDF Viewer

There were a couple of others that I can't remember the names of because I deleted them immediately after finding out they are horrible as well. Also, there were many others I would loved to have tried but couldn't because I couldn't find the .apk files for them. Anyways, I was finally fed up and decided to pay for a professional PDF reader for my Kindle Fire. I saw the good reviews for ezPDF Reader here on Amazon and for only $2.99, I thought to give it a try. After using it for a couple of hours or so, my mission to find the perfect PDF app has finally been accomplished. No way am I going to use anything else from here on out!

ezPDF Reader has all the features I could possible want and much, much more. It loaded my most heavy PDF documents with ease. I need to copy a lot of notes and URL links in my PDF into Evernote and so I was glad to find out how smooth highlighting text were in this app. Another big feature missing in many of the readers I've tried is bookmarks! Something so simple yet overlooked. Well, this app got it covered. Features like night-reading mode, text reflow, link support, annotations and even Text-to-Speech makes this killer app a must have if you're serious about using your Kindle Fire to consume PDF documents. Also, ezPDF actually remembers your last visited page and immediately takes you back to it when you re-open the app (yes, even after a shut down)! This is a huge time saver when you are reading documents well over the 800-900 page mark. With the Adobe Reader app, I had to manually scroll back to the last page I was on whenever the app closed. Forgot what page you were on? Too bad.

This was the best $2.99 I've ever spent on any app. I feel bad for the users who have purchased this app only to have it misbehave on their device of choice. On the Kindle Fire though, it works beautifully.

2.0 out of 5 stars Developer not updating app here but one in Android Market!!, March 18, 2012
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)

(1) This one is probably the best PDF reader app for mobile device out there due to many customization features. However, the developer does not bother the update this app here in Amazon.com. If you've noticed that this app version currently, as of date of writing this review, is 1.8.0.0. Whereas, if you go to Google Play you would see that the developer has been keeping the app updated regularly, and currently, to version 1.8.1.0 by 3/16/12. Yet, the price is the same.

(2) Some of the best customization features, or Pros, that are selling point for this app are: (a) importing your own pdf file and (b) have text reflow to fit nicely for reading the pdf documents on your mobile the device, (c) smooth scrolling and rotate pages seamlessly and (d) save the pages where you last read; (e) it also has night/mode just like a book reader app; and, other commonly expect features of a pdf readers etc.

However, here are some applicable drawbacks, or Cons, to the above features: basically these features are short of user's experience:
a) You gonna have to learn manual ways of importing pdf file to your device. This app here on Amazon.com does NOT support Google Doc that the one on Google Play would and that allow you to install "ezPDF Reader Cloud Plugin" (this one on Google Play). Developer's response?? Blaming the Amazon's "policy"!

b, c & d) The text Reflow feature is a nice feature and you will like it. However, when you close the app, while the page would be saved where you left, you will have to Reflow the text again. Also, although the Reflow feature will allow you smoothly scroll and swipe the page up and down, you will have to MANUALLY turn the page when you reach the end. The Reflow does not do it on the next page for you.

(3) Other highly rated features are: write and type on the document, highlight or underline and Video and audio on PDF and Listen to your document with TTS (Text to Speech), and even look up word on dictionary.

However, you might want to recognize that this is an app for PDF viewing, NOT editing. In other words, it is a downgraded version and features of Adobe pdf reader that provides some additional features just to fit your mobile devices. You can write and type but on the editable form. Of course you can copy and paste a word just like on Adobe Reader. Do you like the Text to Speech on the Adobe Reader? Also, you can look up the word through ColorDict... Have you heard this dictionary? Neither do I.

If you still find yourself convinced to get this app, I would advise to purchase one in Google Play. You could have tried to the free regular version and/or the Lite version there first, but now the developer pulled that free version off the market and charge you $1.00 for the Lite version. I don't know why Amazon.com still allow this stripped down version app that has no support by the developer. It is overpriced and overrated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on the Xoom, better than Aldiko for reading pdfs, April 14, 2011
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
I've been using Aldiko Book Reader for reading pdfs on the Motorola Xoom, so this review will focus mainly on comparing ezPDF to Aldiko's pdf reading experience with special emphasis around the Xoom.

ezPDF Reader is an vast improvement over Aldiko for reading PDFs in several of ways:
1) Much more stable on the Xoom
2) Better use of the extra screen real-estate on a Xoom (such as a windowed view of the table of contents rather than a full screen version--less disorienting)
3) "Fitting to Text Column" (aka fit width) feature: awesome feature for making the most of the Xoom's 16:10 screen ratio. Aldiko may have a similar feature, but I never used it if it did.

Other additional non-Xoom-specific improvements/features are:
1) Text-To-Speech
2) Smoother pinch to zoom (Aldiko lags when zooming)
3) Thumbnail support (both apps support table of contents)
4) Quicker access to table of contents (very nice for reference material)
5) Annotation and freehand draw support

Aldiko does have features that beats out ezPDF or that ezPDF just doesn't do such as:
1) ePub format support
2) A fully-integrated ebook store
3) Shelf library view support (both apps support a list view)
4) Better/more-intuitive cataloging feature (ezPDF uses a less intuitive folder technique)

To summarize, ezPDF provides for a better pdf reading experience while Aldiko is stronger at library management and provides a more complete ebook solution. For those that need Aldiko's non-pdf features, I'd recommend complementing Aldiko with ezPDF if you read a lot of pdfs, especially on the Xoom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure I needed this, I have documents to go, I was wrong, April 14, 2011
M. Stefanko (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Phone:
Droid X

Pros:
- Does what it says, and does it well
- Scans and organizes PDF's on phone
- Can do web URLs
- Formatting options are awesome, text reflow and fitting to text column
- thumbnail view
- great ui for navigating pages, zooming
- Nice list of PDF's
- Night mode
- Fast

Cons:
- Context on some of the menues are weird, since a lot of icons are not labeled.. You really have to hit every button before you're certain of what it does.

Should you Buy?
Well if you grab it today, its free, so definitely. If you have to pay, than id say if you find yourself needing to read and organize a lot of PDF files on your phone, it's worth the dollar. My only hesitation with recommending people spending money on it, is how many other solutions are out there. But if you don't love any of the apps you currently are reading PDFs on..This is honestly a great option. Much better than a lot of the apps i've used for this purpose. And I like to keep my PDF's and my books that may be in PDF format separate, so having both aldiko and this is really a plus for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where are the updates?, August 18, 2011
j-factor (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
This (like apparently most Amazon hosted Apps) is way behind the versions on the Google Android Market. This App is getting frequent updates over at Google and here? Nothing for the last 3 months.

Amazon, you really have to get this sorted. The rumor is you are alienating developers and as a consequence they stop supporting your market. Therefore your customers end up with outdated software. Additionally, not having any official grace/return period in you terms and conditions for purchasing apps (I once got a courtesy refund as an exception for an app that wasn't compatible, despite being listed as) makes the Amazon App Store an unreasonable choice.

I really hope to see some progress, because Amazon App Store technology with virtualized previews is impressive.

----
Update:
Shortly after posting this a new update finally appeared. Thanks!
Please keep updating your apps in all stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, but don't buy it from here. Buy it from the Play Store!, September 29, 2012
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
This is a great app, but don't buy it from the Amazon Appstore.
The version here hasn't been updated since 2011 and is really out of date.
The version in the Google Play store has been recently updated and now supports EPUBs, while this one doesn't and may never.

It's worth the price (especially if you can still get it for a quarter), but all they're doing here is price matching Google. At least get your money's worth and get the one that's still updated!

5.0 out of 5 stars must have for notetakers, October 24, 2012
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
I have been trying to figure out a way to get notes on my kindle for a while... I've seen in my classes all the kids with their iPads and been so jealous as they've seamlessly imported the teacher's pdf slides right onto their screen and took notes effortlessly. I tried a few handwriting apps that were good... but all were missing something... whether it was lack of accessibility, poor handwriting recognition, or their inability to import and annotate pdf docs, I was never satisfied. this app really does seem to have it all!! My obvious favorite feature is of course that this app is made for importing pdfs, but unlike most readers, actually lets you handwrite annotations! With a stylus, it is effortless and beautifully done. I also appreciate that you can write *anywhere* on the screen, whereas most handwriting apps just have a small area in which to write, making it very difficult to write more than one or two words at a time (let alone draw structures as I need to for my current chemistry class!) I highly recommend this app for any college or business people who are looking to take notes digitally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, bookmarks!, April 14, 2011
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
Finally, a pdf viewer for Android that does everything! All the other pdf viewers I have used so far have been quite cumbersome. I couldn't figure out why bookmarks would be such an issue. It seems to me that anyone designing an ebook reader would deem bookmarks important. Finally, someone has!

1.0 out of 5 stars Severely behind in updates, January 30, 2012
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
This is my preferred pdf app, but when I buy an app from the Amazon App Store, I am entitled to the same updates as those who purchase from the Android Market. Until I get my updates equal to the Market I am leaving my one star review, as it stands, as a reminder to the company and Amazon.

I will change my rating once the updates are current.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST-HAVE" for Kindle fire hd users!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form (App)
This is the only app I have purchased for my Kindle fire hd, and I have owned it for over a month. The reviews for this app were so positive that when I was looking for a PDF reader I had to try it. I was, like many other reviewers, very disappointed with the PDF reader that came preloaded on the device, so I was happy to see that there was an actual Adobe reader available. I was quickly disappointed with Adobe reader; many of the features that you get with the free desktop version were just not available forth mobile app - things like read aloud, a feature I use a lot as a young, busy mom of three. So, I went ahead and did my research and decided to purchase this EZ Pro Reader - best money I have spent in a long time! The read aloud feature on this app is truly amazing! I am glad to see that all my PDFs are available in a list (w/thumbnails!) at the startup screen so I don't have to hunt for them, and there are many great settings that you can tweak to make things customized to the user's liking. Fantastic!

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form