Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on May 30, 2013
I have been riding my fBike for around 2 months now and I have 2 other much more expensive folders that do not even come close in riding comfort and reliability. I love the fact that I can raise the handle bars to 47 inches, my comfortable riding height. The bike can do asphalt/concrete and I even do some dirt bike trails with it too. The gear changing system is a breeze and works so well too and there is adequate room between the handle bars and seat for a handle bar bag for food/water, lock cable etc. The ride is sooo smooth and it handles like a regular 26 inch bike in many ways. Sometimes I get stopped so much with questions about my fBike that I have a hard time getting in the long rides I need but I do make so many new friends too.

I am ordering another one this weekend in green so I will have one in each car, I ride EVERY DAY! I am recovering from Multiple Myeloma Bone Cancer and my doctors really feel like the combination of chemo and riding my bike is helping me to recover much faster. PLEASE buy this bike, it is and will be the best $249 you will ever spend on a folding bike! :) And the customer support at fBike is awesome, on the phone and or email. They really do care about their product and your satisfaction with it.
review image review image
on April 8, 2014
Got this bike direct from the company's site, but felt I should give them a good review here. Bike came in great shape. Filled the tires, adjusted one break very slightly and rode it 10 miles to work and home. Only other adjustment I made was to tighten the seat as it started to wiggle on my ride home. This would be enough for a decent review, but I'm mostly writing about their customer service.

Something to be careful about. Remember to undo the safety catch on the folding mechanism before trying to open it. This was totally my blunder. I just gorilla'd the thing open and broke a small plastic catch designed to keep the lock from vibrating open while riding. Total nothing part until you don't have one. Then it's everything.

I emailed fbike and said "I'm an a**hat and I broke this piece, any chance for a replacement? "

The reply, which came the following day, said they'd be happy to replace the part, just confirm my shipping address. It also said it is their official policy that none of their customers are a**hats.

That was Sunday, the new part arrived today (tuesday, same week) in a package addressed to "a**hat."

Oh and no charge for the part or shipping.

Excellent bike for the price.

Excellent customer service with a sense of humor to boot.

Highly recommend.
on October 4, 2013
1 week review -
This was the first bike I hopped on in over 20 years so I have nothing to compare my experience against. I have no plans for using it in city traffic or long bike rides, it's just for tooling around the park.

It was delivered in a nice sized box with the important parts protected. Had it out and up in 10 minutes. Tires had to be inflated but no surprise there. Made sure everything was tight and took it on a test ride. OK, my "made sure everything was tight" consisted of the jiggle test, you definitely want to have a screwdriver and wrench handy and make sure everything is tight. Make sure that the seat and handlebar height adjusts are tight after you adjust for your style of riding.

Quality-wise the body looks and feels solid. it folds/unfolds easily. The frames folding latch can be difficult to unlatch, I had to wedge a screwdriver under it the first couple of times to get it open, it's OK now. The phallic symbol they call a seat is just horrible. Do yourself a favor and have a replacement on hand. I ordered the Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle and it is a great tush protector. Front and back fenders are kind of crappy, I plan to change those in the near future. The brakes brake, the pedals pedal and the gears shift. The max weight is listed as 225 lbs., I'm 250 and haven't noticed any problems.

4 week update: Bike is still going strong. I'm upping the stars to 4 1/4.

Except for the seat, I consider it money well spent.
review image
on May 23, 2014
This bike is awesome!
I did my research, like most of you probably are.
I was considering a Dahon Speed Uno or a Retrospec SS.

I decided i probably need the 6 speeds and was i ever right. There is no. Place on earth completely flat, you will have to pedal some hills.
This bike is complete with nearly everything, mud guards, bell, rear rack and comes completely assembled....just mount the rack and pedal away...
very well constructed, hinges are heavy duty, does not rattle and always feels safe.
The 31 lb weight is not any noticeable difference to the 24 lb bikes out there...Fbike even sends a velcro strap with handle for you to be able to grip the bike from the frame and rear rack when folded.

Just keep it clean , and enjoy.
I do recommend ordering some metal folding bike pedals, but that would be for any of the folders.

i ordered it 2pm and it arrived less than 24hrs.
on December 23, 2014
First of all, the company is great. After ordering here on line, I noticed that delivery might not be until the 31st, which is after I will have left for the trip I want the bike for! I called and Jeff, great rep that he is, assured me that bikes were shipped the day of or after the order is received, even just before Christmas. Sure enough, the next day I got the email that it had shipped. It arrived on Tuesday early afternoon after having ordered it on Thursday afternoon. Jeff was also really helpful (and patient) in answering a few questions about the bike once it arrived.

The bike itself looks great, is easy to fold and unfold and handles well. For this type of bike, it is on the heavy side - 31 lbs, I think. But considering that you pay $1000 for lighter bikes whose mechanical quality is not a whole lot different from this one, I'll just build my biceps. The smaller wheels definitely make the ride feel different from a usual bike, but having the six speeds is really helpful in addition to the various mechanical compensations for the smaller wheel size.

fThumbs up for fBike! :-)
on January 17, 2014
There are many other folding bikes that are similarly priced to the fBike but appear to be better deals because they're listed as discounted from a higher original value. I can't attest to the quality of the other bikes, but this one is pretty perfect. The build is solid and the paint (Graphite) looks flawless. I might look to purchase another in the near future.
on July 7, 2014
Love my bike! I am short and it fits me perfectly. It's easy to fold up and unfold but a little awkward getting it in and out of my car. I never know where to grab it. It shifts smoothly and the seat is comfortable. It definitely gets the looks and have had several people ask me if that is one of those folding bikes. I am very happy with it.
on January 2, 2015
I didn't order from Amazon because I originally intended to buy 2 and the delivery charge is $30 per order from the fBike site. Ultimately, I cancelled one because I wanted to make sure I liked the bike before ordering the 2nd. The service from the company was quick and responsive when I changed the order.

Just got the bike today. It took about 10 minutes to unpackage - basically ready to ride once you get all of the packaging off. I rode it only about 10 minutes - but first impression is, this is a very good folding bike and a great value. I'm not an expert on folding bikes - I've done a moderate amount of research in preparation for this purchase. For the price, I think you would be hard pressed for a greater value. It comes standard with quality components, folding pedals, a rack, fenders - even a bell. It rides better than I expected. The seat seems plenty comfortable. So far I'm very impressed. Can't wait to take it out this weekend.
on June 13, 2014
i have been researching to buy folding bike as my commute involves 1.5 miles to train station. there are fancy folding bikes out there but i wasn't up for paying that price tag. most good looking ones, with single gear, cost too much, however this bike seems to hit all the points i need. the gears help alot for up hill i have to travel every morning. it's a bit heavy to carry around, but works well when you put it in the trunk or store else where. super easy to fold and unfold. love the splash guards. the seat is a bit rough on your butt, but i got used to it. would be great to add new comfy seat, but not a must thing. hope to use it for years to come.
on July 8, 2015
I am very pleased with this purchase overall. As many others have said in their reviews, this bike is in ride-ready condition on arrival and very well made, especially considering the price point, and I second those praises here. However, I did have a few MINOR negatives points to make about the product from my personal experience.

1. Chipped paint and scratches on arrival. I am unsure if this is caused by shipping (the chip on the rear rack seems to be at a fairly inaccessible location for scratches during shipment), but it did ding my first impression of this otherwise pristine bike.

2. Handlebar is off alignment. On arrival, the handle bar is not perpendicular to the wheel, to a noticeable extent (approximately 10 degree angle) that it make riding the bike very awkward before it was fixed. Additionally no tool is provided that fits the hex-bolt for adjusting the handle-fork connection. Could be an issue from rough shipping and not the assembly, though.

3. The gear shifting mechanism does not properly indicate the actual gear it is on. While it still functions without issue, there seems to be a slight misalignment of the derailleur (that I am personally not yet comfortable fiddling with by myself) that causes one gear to always be missed when going from the highest gear to the lowest (or vice versa). For example, while the gear is on "4", it'll actually be on the 5th gear (or vice versa, depending on whether shifting up or down). Also on a couple of gears, there's a periodic hitting/grinding noise presumably from this misalignment. I'm not experienced enough to know whether this is to be expected from cheaper components, but I would appreciate suggestions on how to fix this if anyone has similar experiences.

4. The tube's air-inlet-valve thingy is dirty on arrival. I'm unsure what this means, as the plastic cap was secured on it. But it looks like the threaded metal has been exposed to the elements for some time before... By comparison, my car tire's air inlet is shiny and new looking even though it is over 6 years old, also with a plastic cap. I didn't have any problems with the tubes or tires thus far but I hope the inner tubes aren't old or used...

These are my personal observations of the bike I received. Overall, I still like the bike a lot. Even though these small issues were more or less vexing, it does not compromise the overall safety or functionality of the bike. I would still recommend it to others as an economical option.
review image review image