Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: fBIKE Direct 6 Speed Folding Bike (Graphite gray)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 30, 2013
I have been riding my fBike for around 2 months now and I have 2 other much more expensive folders that do not even come close in riding comfort and reliability. I love the fact that I can raise the handle bars to 47 inches, my comfortable riding height. The bike can do asphalt/concrete and I even do some dirt bike trails with it too. The gear changing system is a breeze and works so well too and there is adequate room between the handle bars and seat for a handle bar bag for food/water, lock cable etc. The ride is sooo smooth and it handles like a regular 26 inch bike in many ways. Sometimes I get stopped so much with questions about my fBike that I have a hard time getting in the long rides I need but I do make so many new friends too.

I am ordering another one this weekend in green so I will have one in each car, I ride EVERY DAY! I am recovering from Multiple Myeloma Bone Cancer and my doctors really feel like the combination of chemo and riding my bike is helping me to recover much faster. PLEASE buy this bike, it is and will be the best $249 you will ever spend on a folding bike! :) And the customer support at fBike is awesome, on the phone and or email. They really do care about their product and your satisfaction with it.
review image review image
on October 4, 2013
1 week review -
This was the first bike I hopped on in over 20 years so I have nothing to compare my experience against. I have no plans for using it in city traffic or long bike rides, it's just for tooling around the park.

It was delivered in a nice sized box with the important parts protected. Had it out and up in 10 minutes. Tires had to be inflated but no surprise there. Made sure everything was tight and took it on a test ride. OK, my "made sure everything was tight" consisted of the jiggle test, you definitely want to have a screwdriver and wrench handy and make sure everything is tight. Make sure that the seat and handlebar height adjusts are tight after you adjust for your style of riding.

Quality-wise the body looks and feels solid. it folds/unfolds easily. The frames folding latch can be difficult to unlatch, I had to wedge a screwdriver under it the first couple of times to get it open, it's OK now. The phallic symbol they call a seat is just horrible. Do yourself a favor and have a replacement on hand. I ordered the Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle and it is a great tush protector. Front and back fenders are kind of crappy, I plan to change those in the near future. The brakes brake, the pedals pedal and the gears shift. The max weight is listed as 225 lbs., I'm 250 and haven't noticed any problems.

4 week update: Bike is still going strong. I'm upping the stars to 4 1/4.

Except for the seat, I consider it money well spent.
review image
on April 8, 2014
Got this bike direct from the company's site, but felt I should give them a good review here. Bike came in great shape. Filled the tires, adjusted one break very slightly and rode it 10 miles to work and home. Only other adjustment I made was to tighten the seat as it started to wiggle on my ride home. This would be enough for a decent review, but I'm mostly writing about their customer service.

Something to be careful about. Remember to undo the safety catch on the folding mechanism before trying to open it. This was totally my blunder. I just gorilla'd the thing open and broke a small plastic catch designed to keep the lock from vibrating open while riding. Total nothing part until you don't have one. Then it's everything.

I emailed fbike and said "I'm an a**hat and I broke this piece, any chance for a replacement? "

The reply, which came the following day, said they'd be happy to replace the part, just confirm my shipping address. It also said it is their official policy that none of their customers are a**hats.

That was Sunday, the new part arrived today (tuesday, same week) in a package addressed to "a**hat."

Oh and no charge for the part or shipping.

Excellent bike for the price.

Excellent customer service with a sense of humor to boot.

Highly recommend.
on May 23, 2014
This bike is awesome!
I did my research, like most of you probably are.
I was considering a Dahon Speed Uno or a Retrospec SS.

I decided i probably need the 6 speeds and was i ever right. There is no. Place on earth completely flat, you will have to pedal some hills.
This bike is complete with nearly everything, mud guards, bell, rear rack and comes completely assembled....just mount the rack and pedal away...
very well constructed, hinges are heavy duty, does not rattle and always feels safe.
The 31 lb weight is not any noticeable difference to the 24 lb bikes out there...Fbike even sends a velcro strap with handle for you to be able to grip the bike from the frame and rear rack when folded.

Just keep it clean , and enjoy.
I do recommend ordering some metal folding bike pedals, but that would be for any of the folders.

i ordered it 2pm and it arrived less than 24hrs.
on July 7, 2014
Love my bike! I am short and it fits me perfectly. It's easy to fold up and unfold but a little awkward getting it in and out of my car. I never know where to grab it. It shifts smoothly and the seat is comfortable. It definitely gets the looks and have had several people ask me if that is one of those folding bikes. I am very happy with it.
on December 23, 2014
First of all, the company is great. After ordering here on line, I noticed that delivery might not be until the 31st, which is after I will have left for the trip I want the bike for! I called and Jeff, great rep that he is, assured me that bikes were shipped the day of or after the order is received, even just before Christmas. Sure enough, the next day I got the email that it had shipped. It arrived on Tuesday early afternoon after having ordered it on Thursday afternoon. Jeff was also really helpful (and patient) in answering a few questions about the bike once it arrived.

The bike itself looks great, is easy to fold and unfold and handles well. For this type of bike, it is on the heavy side - 31 lbs, I think. But considering that you pay $1000 for lighter bikes whose mechanical quality is not a whole lot different from this one, I'll just build my biceps. The smaller wheels definitely make the ride feel different from a usual bike, but having the six speeds is really helpful in addition to the various mechanical compensations for the smaller wheel size.

fThumbs up for fBike! :-)
on June 13, 2014
i have been researching to buy folding bike as my commute involves 1.5 miles to train station. there are fancy folding bikes out there but i wasn't up for paying that price tag. most good looking ones, with single gear, cost too much, however this bike seems to hit all the points i need. the gears help alot for up hill i have to travel every morning. it's a bit heavy to carry around, but works well when you put it in the trunk or store else where. super easy to fold and unfold. love the splash guards. the seat is a bit rough on your butt, but i got used to it. would be great to add new comfy seat, but not a must thing. hope to use it for years to come.
Bike is good short commuter. Get lots of admiring comments! Folds in seconds and can be lifted into car trunk with ease. This is why i bought it.
But have to "wheel it" on one wheel when l need to walk with it is folded because it really is too heavy to walk with for even a short block.
I'm over 230 lbs and tall, so the gear shifter gets heavy use from me and it works very good all the time.
I carry textbooks and grocery bags all the time and it rides the same with or without extra weight.
Had an issue with front and the company owner responded immediately, offered options, adjusted it, and followed thru to make sure I was satisfied. Company gets kudos for that.
Bike is not a $1k bike but that's not why I bought it. I needed a short commuter, that could fold in 15 seconds, that wasn'the exceptionally heavy, that had a decent ride, and that did'the cost over $300- this bike delivered. The smiles, admiring comments and questions from everyone about where they can get one are the bonus :)
on July 1, 2015
Really great for camping. I bought two. Easy to fold and unfold. It locks together very nice. There is NO WAY that this will collapse on you while riding. Shifts nicely both up and down. My wife loves the "cute little bell" that comes with this.
I only had to adjust the angle of the brake levers with supplied Allen wrenches and air-up the tires. I did find the seat uncomfortable and bought two new comfy seats. Neither my wife nor myself have been on a bike in 35 and 40 years. It's true, you never forget how to ride a bike.
on December 29, 2015
It is very difficult to maneuver. You must practice riding this bike before you use it to commute to school/work, or you may crash very easily, no matter how much experience you have. I would suggest get this if your work/school is less than half a mile away. Otherwise, do not purchase. Impossible to go uphill. and almost impossible to ride in a straight line.