favorite LOTR character, book/chapter/part in the book and why?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2011 12:29:02 AM PDT
debra says:
mine is Aragorn, and my favorite part/scene in the book in FOTR when they are in Moria and the bridge of Kaza-dum. i love aragorns character and love viggo mortensen who is the actor that portrayed him. i understand the conflict he has between his past ancestry with isildur/ring and his journey to become the king of gondor. i think he is a gentle soul who is wise and understands the ways of hobbits, humans, dwarves and elves. and the fight of good vs. evil. and standing for what you believe in even when others don't do the same and the hardship of the journey into becoming who you were made to be even though you don't feel like you can see the path beneath your feet and that it is the path for you. hard to explain, but i am sure most get it, can't quite put into words the way i would want to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2013 7:49:36 PM PDT
Kind of fitting I am responding to this exactly two years after the initial post. I think my favorite part was when Eowyn and Merry killed the Witch-King who couldn't be killed by a man. I remember reading that part and just totally looking forward to seeing it pan out in the movie. Return of the King was filled with so much excitement and anticipation, because I read the book before seeing the movie, unlike the first one. I was just totally blown away by how it ended, and deeply saddened that the journey was finally over for me. This part stood out so much, though. As for my favorite charcter, I liked both Aragorn and Sam. Sam had so many important parts he played, that I just fell in love with his character, and how genuine he was. Aragorn had his flaws, but he overcame them and didn't shy away from his destiny when he was needed. Both of these two, to me, were the true heroes of these books. In the movies, my favorite part was when Aragorn opened the doors after coming back when everyone thought he was dead. This just was filmed brilliantly and its impact was superb.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien (Paperback - April 29, 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars (7,193)