Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Why do female readers gush about Massie's abysmal book on

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 8:26:54 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 5:36:41 PM PDT
Curious Soul says:
apologize as I do not what to come across as one of those that pick-on and make fun of the mentally enfeebled. I'm just saying...you might want to back off as you are making a complete fool of yourself.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 6:30:33 AM PDT
Massie is a fraud, and s9mebody needs to say so. My review with chapter and verse will be in
slavic
review in 3-6 months.
wortman's essay in the Public Iterest a few weeks back also points out how one-sided Massie's book is though he's more polite than I).

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:52:27 AM PDT
High-handed and shrill declamation of someone else's views (as well as hard to read; are you typing this in on your smartphone?) does not encourage us to be inclined towards reading a review written by you, in future or now. Thanks for your input, though. I feel vindicated.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman
Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie (Hardcover - November 8, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,178)