Roku XD 2050, 720p Streaming Player
Used & New from: $41.99
i have fiberoptic for interent, directv, want to stream from netflix. do i connect the roku plyer to tv and router to roku with ethernet cable?
asked by LINDA M MYERS on February 24, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I did wireless connection at first but streaming seemed to get interupted, so I used a ethernet cable to my modem, roku walks you through it all, try wireless first if you want and if it is not fast enough you can always connect switch it to ethernet.
Brenda Tibbetts answered on February 24, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
roku works with a wireless home network, very few models actually have an ethernet jack in them, the set up is quite easy, plug the roku into and outlet, plug your roku into your tv via HDMI or A/V cables, the device will automatically look for the strongest wireless signal, from there you can login to your home network and all your wireless services (Netflix) will show up.
King2999 answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yup (plus power to a wall outlet). Wireless ethernet will work too, but a wired cable is best if practical. Roku is the best way to watch Netflix on a TV, as it has the most practical browsing interface for Netflix.
Shane O. Laake answered on February 24, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, although I set mine up as a wireless connection and I don't typically have issues with it.
J R answered on February 25, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Roku instruction "How do I set up my Roku player?" is at Web link "support.roku.com/entries/244199-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-player"
SF Danner answered on February 28, 2013

A
No. The roku goes to the TV via HDMI cable. The roku connects wirelessly via wireless router. There is an ethernet port, I think on most models but wireless connects at streaming speeds.
Steve B answered on March 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›