Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
are files downloadable to Mac os X for editing? which version ?
asked by Fraidoon on May 11, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I have a Mac with OS X version 10.8.3 but I've had the XA10 for over a year and I think I updated the OS in that time. I think it really depends on what software you are planning on using. I downloaded Final Cut Pro from the Mac App Store and it works great. Good luck.
J. McClelland answered on May 11, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Fraidoon, yes, I edited them on Mac in iMovie so it would work in FinalCut too. The camera just mounts as an external drive & then the application should automatically recognise the camera archive if not you can just direct it too the right location to import. Should add that is with OX 10.8.3 & latest updates of iMovie etc.
Adam Woodhams answered on May 11, 2013

A
I'm on Lion and it was not simple- the files were transferred in .mts format and had to be put through another program to be usable. Kind of a headache...
M. Kupperman answered on May 11, 2013

A
Yes
Oommadurai answered on May 11, 2013

A
Francolargo answered on May 11, 2013

A
Yes, they are. You can download direct to iMovie or fcpx IF you have filmed in 50i BUT if you film in 25pfs (which is much much much better) you need to convert with clipwrap., which is very easy but will cost you an extra £40 from the App Store. Don't let that put you off though. It's very much worth getting this camera. It is absolutely fantastic. And the workaround with clipwrap is really very simple. Good luck !
lenkev14 answered on May 12, 2013

A
AVCHD Video (.MTS) File Type. I edit in Premiere though. So I'm mot sure.
actioninfomedia answered on May 12, 2013

A
Yes
Gilles Fortier answered on May 12, 2013

A
Yes, you have to take it through iMovie and then exported to adobe premier or final cut of you're using those softwares.
NhatPham answered on May 12, 2013

A
The SD cards you are going to be using are going to use either FAT32 (SDHC) or exFAT (SDXC) for their file system, so as long as your computer has read support for these file systems. However you might need to convert them to different format.
Matthew answered on December 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product