Customer Discussions > The Last of Us forum

Yes finally Naughty Dog release your potential

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2012 7:31:16 PM PDT
taconburrito says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:54:41 AM PDT
Mike says:
Yeah tell me about it between beyond and this I can't wait!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 11:12:41 AM PDT
Miranda A. says:
Beyond and this are day one purchases for me! :D

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:05:32 PM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
Naughty Dog being naughty with an 'M' rated game :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:37:36 AM PDT
Uhhh...So Uncharted didn't have great graphics, gameplay and more (i.e. story, voice acting, etc.)? Not saying you need to love the game, but most people consider the Uncharted series in high regard.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 7:57:52 AM PDT
taconburrito says:
I love uncharted. I'm talking about knock offs like BF3

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 11:12:54 PM PDT
J. Keller says:
What do you mean knock offs like BF3?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 11:13:26 PM PDT
J. Keller says:
How is Beyond a day one purchase for you? We haven't even seen any gameplay.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:22:58 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
@taconburrito
I think I know what you're trying to say...

For me, TLOU appears to be a truly revolutionary game. And because it's a Naughty Dog game, my natural distrust of these "game-footage" trailers is drastically lowered. I actually believe them when they tell us that this is real game-play captured directly from a PS3.

Sorry... point being, that the "feel" of this game, so far anyway, seems to be very... grown-up. And I mean that in the best way. It's not simply a re-hash of all the same stuff that came before. It really appears to be taking quite a few significant steps forward in overall game-development.

My fingers are crossed that they actually pull it off.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 8:07:51 PM PDT
From what I've been seeing, the Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls, are both coming out early next year. Why they're both coming out at the same time I don't know, but I'm leaning toward getting the Last of Us.

But which of the two should I pre-order and which should I wait and play after the first price drop?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:01:15 AM PST
Sam Al says:
the uncharted series is the reason why I ditched my 360 for a ps3. I still do not regret that transition. Oh..that and the blu-ray capabilities.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:58:15 PM PST
Waldo says:
Here is the latest Trailer for The Last of Us.

http://kotaku.com/5966783/the-last-of-us-arrives-in-may

Releases: May 7, 2013

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 12:19:15 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:25:34 AM PST
Juju says:
I might the only one but Uncharted to me was alright to me.. I wont say its a bad game but it doesnt really excite me like how Tomb Raider did when i was young.. I might be because i expected ridiculously hard puzzles where you have no clue where to go.. but the game in some way holds your hand through it.. didnt make me think as much and ughhh the shooting.. there's just too much shooting people with guns for me toeven says its worth finishing the game.. The Last Us really looks great.. and I have not really much expectations since I probably havent played a game like this

But Beyond two souls is really what made me preorder both of these games and MG Rising Revengeance..
The trailer was all it needed for me to be bought.. and I love Ellen Page.. haha Inception!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:51:40 AM PST
Carlos,
I'm curious as to what you think constitutes amazing graphics?
From the games I've played, the only thing that even came visually close (console-wise) to the Uncharted series was God of War III. Don't forget the first Uncharted was released over 5 years ago (Nov. '07), so it was well ahead of its time.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:56:34 AM PST
Waldo says:
He probably played Uncharted on a NON-HDTV, or if he did play it on one, without the HDMI cable! lol

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:21:31 PM PST
I'm still in of awe of the sand in Uncharted 3 and the acid trip scene was pretty damn cool also.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:39:49 PM PST
Stephanie says:
Is Naughty Dog like Naughty Bear?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:14:16 PM PST
I'll give you the straight up fair response because you just never know. No, it is not like Naughty Bear. It is the video game maker of the Uncharted series and the Last of Us.

http://www.naughtydog.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Dog

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 2:49:53 PM PST
M. Weir says:
well for me personally it's a day one buy because I love Quantic Dream's games and I really do my best to support unique IP's and new titles, as opposed to the deluge of garbage sequels that get spit out year after year and don't actually do anything new.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 10:51:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 10:52:05 AM PST
Uncharted is a freewill, choice robbing, boring, kiddy game.

How many times must I stare the bad guy in a face, with a gun in my hands, and do nothing about it? Except maybe watch some witty kiddy humor and dialouge. Puhlease.

The Last of Us currently resides on my gamefly list, not sure if it's worth of a buy with games like Crysis 3, God of War Ascension, Dead Island Riptide, and GTA V already on my pre-order list.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 10:39:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 10:41:22 AM PST
Dia Akin says:
LMAO!!! I was thinking and going to post the EXACT same thing until I saw that you already mentioned it.

Probably still owns a tube tv and using RCA cables and complaining about graphics. There's VERY few games that can rival Uncharted in terms of graphics

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 8:10:58 PM PST
Matthew Weny says:
Graphics were relevant 6 years ago. Good graphics are standared with technology now a days. They need to put more focus on powerful gripping story.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:20:49 PM PST
I did the exact same thing. I bought a 360 at the end of 2006 and for three years it essentially sat there being a gloried DVD player. I only played and enjoyed a hand full of games. I beat Halo 3, call of duty 2 and call of duty 4: modern warfare, tried some lego games, like lego indiana jones. I tried gears of war and didnt like it and I also tried mass effect and didn't like it. Although, I tried Mass effect a few years later and reallly liked it. Furthermore, I had other games which I cannot remember and I played them for about 10 minutes. In 2009 I was reading about Uncharted two and really wanted to play that game. I was also interested in other PS3 exclusives like little big planet and infamous. People look at me like I am nuts, however, I traded in all of my 360 stuff and bought a PS3 to basically play, like 90% of my motivation, UC2. Of course little big planet, infamous, and other exclusives were a huge bonus. Sony definitely has a lot more exclusive and those exclusives are some of the best games around. Anyway I don't really like survival games, however, it is naughty dog and I love jak and dexter and uncharted. In fact, I like jak and dexter better than UC. Like I just alluded to, I will most likely get this game, day one in fact, because it is naughty dog and I have a lot of faith in them for creating a fantastic game no matter the genre.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:28:21 PM PST
Dia Akin says:
I love how people always say things like this, yet complain when the next console's graphics don't seem like a living figure walking around on the screen.

So you're saying you'll enjoy a PS4 with average graphics as long as the games have great stories? You're one of VERY few.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last of Us forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  May 25, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us
The Last of Us by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,448)