Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
How fine a grind do you find that works best? How fine a grind do you find that works best? (Didn't MEAN to rhyme... :) )
asked by K. Lind on May 23, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 63 answers
A
I use a relatively normal grind (perhaps a bit smaller than the usual grind of store-bought). I find the secret is to tamp down the coffee prior to use. Compacting it in means the water won't run through as fast. I've had good success with this method.
Longsworth answered on January 27, 2007
Comment | 53 of 55 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
JC answered on March 9, 2008
Comment | 53 of 55 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ashleigh Lippman answered on September 5, 2008
Comments (4) | 64 of 69 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just use a grind that is about half way between espresso grind and drip grind, and fill the cup up to about 1/4 of an inch below the top, this will give the best coffee.
Phil Miltenberger answered on January 5, 2007
Comment | 41 of 43 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
B. Peltz answered on February 9, 2009
Comment | 20 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
L. Cameron answered on March 9, 2010
Comment | 19 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was also getting weak coffee from the My K-cup so I devised a little trick. Take a used k-cup and cut the top off around the collar and remove the filter. Now slide the cup over the My K-cup filter and use like normal. It forces the coffee to travel through the puncture hole on the bottom just like a regular K-cup which slows down the brewing process and produces much better coffee. I found it works like a champ. Hope this helps with the weak coffee problem.
K. Graves answered on March 7, 2012
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Looks like awhile since someone posted to this, but I'll try to renew it. Using regular K-Cups we get perfectly strong coffee, but using the My K Cup the coffee is much weaker. As someone mentioned in the product review, I think it's because the water moves so quickly through the My K Cup.

We've tried both larger grounds, and medium from the grocery store and Starbucks, and neither improved the weakness. Hoping to try more soon, but wondered if anyone else had suggestions?
Michael Rosenthall answered on November 27, 2006
Comments (4) | 16 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tess R. answered on March 23, 2009
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I struggled with weak coffee using the make your own cups. However, good news. I took my favorite coffee and put it in the blender and made it into a course powder and put that into the make your own cup and voila! Perfect coffee. Try it, you'll like it and so much cheaper. Experiment if you want, I just turn on the blender and let it rip. Another thing, don't fill the cup to the top. Seems like it makes a better cup when there is some room for the grounds to expand. Use the measure.
Shurla Baby answered on December 19, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

See all questions about this product